Windows 10: Blank Screen when unplugged

Discus and support Blank Screen when unplugged in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an ASUS x555l laptop running Windows 10, which has all the appropriate updates since I bought the laptop in 2015 and installed Windows 10 as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EBDent88, Dec 1, 2018.

1. EBDent88 Win User

Blank Screen when unplugged

I have an ASUS x555l laptop running Windows 10, which has all the appropriate updates since I bought the laptop in 2015 and installed Windows 10 as a free download when it was made available. My problem is that when I am on battery power, the screen immediately goes blank (black). If I plug the cord back in, it immediately comes back on.

I have checked my Power Options and my screen is set to Full Brightness on AC Power and on Battery Power. I even installed a brand new battery and made sure it was at full charge, yet the problem persists. It's very discouraging to have a laptop that I can't use in a potable environment simply because the screen goes blank.

Please let me know if this might be a driver problem, and if I might need to download and/or reinstall a new one. I'm very frustrated with this situation.

Thank you.

:)

EBDent88, Dec 1, 2018

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Dec 1, 2018
  3. slavick07 Win User
    New Vid card = Blank screen

hey guys. just got a new 6800GT agp to put in my gigabyte 8IG1000 Pro-G mobo and i get a blank screen, wtf. unplug it, put in old 9600XT, blank screen. unplug that use onboard vid, blank screen. funny thing is the comp was working fine 10mins ago with the 9600. no jumpers to disable onboard vid. tried cmos reset.

thing is i had a x800 that died in this mobo before the 9600, so mabey teh agp port is wonky or i think this mobo has a problem between a vid card and onboard. i dun know what do you guys think?

slavick07, Dec 1, 2018
  4. kodex Win User

Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Blank Screen when unplugged - Similar Threads - Blank Screen unplugged

2. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.: I’ve been having frequent blue screens whenever I unplugged my mouse or unplug my controller, also happens when plugging or unplugging any usb. Started happenening after I did a clean wipe and a new install of windows....
  3. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.: I’ve been having frequent blue screens whenever I unplugged my mouse or unplug my controller, also happens when plugging or unplugging any usb. Started happenening after I did a clean wipe and a new install of windows....
  4. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My screen goes blank when I unplug is from the charger

My screen goes blank when I unplug is from the charger: My screen goes blank when I unplug is from the charger. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-goes-blank-when-i-unplug-is-from-the/ca50060f-be2f-417d-9b72-c8c54ea06b9f
  6. Screen brightness too dim when unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness too dim when unplugged: Hello, The maximum brightness when unplugged is way lower than when the laptop is plugged. I've been checking the screen- and batterysettings, but it doesn't bring solutions. Somehow, the screen goes to full brightness when unplugged when i am in my configuration-settings...
  7. Screen going black when unplugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen going black when unplugged: My cat laid on the keyboard on my laptop, now every time I unplug it the screen goes black, but still plays sound and wont come back on until i plug it back in. This happens even though I have a full charge. I'm not sure how to fix it....
  8. Blue Screen when unplugging USB

Blue Screen when unplugging USB: Recently I have been having a problem with my Acer laptop giving me the blue screen when I unplug USB devices. I'm attaching a link to the dump file posted on my google drive. Hoping someone can look at this dump file and tell me what is causing the problem....
  9. laptop screen goes dark when unpluged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop screen goes dark when unpluged: I have a problem with the screen on my laptop going dark when unplugged from the external power, as soon as I plug it back in it comes to life. I have reinstalled windows several times. still has the glitch. Thanks...
  10. Blue Screen of Death When Laptop Is Unplugged

Blue Screen of Death When Laptop Is Unplugged: Hello, I am in a bit of a bind. About 8 months ago I purchased a Lenovo Z50 laptop from Amazon. This has a quad-core AMD A10 processor, and 8 GB of RAM. When I got it, it ran Windows 8. It has worked flawlessly for me, despite all of the my coding projects and virtual...