Windows 10: Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

Discus and support Blank Screen with Cursor after Login in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just installed the most recent cumulative update for Microsoft Windows 10 on my laptop late last week. Since that time, whenever I login it dumps me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KennethBurger, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

I just installed the most recent cumulative update for Microsoft Windows 10 on my laptop late last week. Since that time, whenever I login it dumps me onto a blank screen with no desktop icons or taskbar, but there is a cursor, and I can run chrome and probably other apps from Task Manager. After about 7-8 minutes, the desktop finally loads, but I can't have it taking 10 minutes to boot my PC to a normally usable state. Anybody have any idea why this is happening? My system specs are as followsBlank Screen with Cursor after Login :Dell G7 7700 laptop with the following:IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU16 GB RAMNvidia Geforce R

:)

KennethBurger, Feb 14, 2022
  2. copiman Win User

Blank screen with mouse cursor after login

I have an HP Pavilion 17-1053us laptop. The issue is as follows:

Upon turning on it will get to the login screen. You see a full screen with login in box. Put in password and the boot starts. Then when you would expect the desktop to appear, I get a black screen with a mouse cursor. I get the same if I try safe mode. I can get to troubleshoot after interrupting boot a few times. I can also get to CTR ALT DELETE stuff. I did a restore point back to before this started and still have the issue. Tried a few things found googling but no go, so I came here to get suggestions on how to troubleshoot and resolve.

copiman, Feb 14, 2022
  3. Steve1380 Win User
    Blank Screen, Blinking Cursor

Windows 10 PC crashed, now have blank screen with blinking cursor in upper left, can't boot -- suggestions for how to connect, please?

Steve1380, Feb 14, 2022
  4. copiman Win User

Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

Blank screen with mouse cursor after login

I have not tried another monitor since the login screen has a full screen showing the background picture. My thought is if it shows as normal that the graphics are fine. If I am wrong please let me know.

No, there is no taskbar. Only a black screen with the mouse cusor. I can enter task manager and troubleshooting.

I ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and get error: 50 Dism does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option.

Tried sfc /scannow and got: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation

Is it time to remove HDD and get data off and do a clean install? Or a repair install? I think I can get data off by connecting hard drive to a desktop. Everything else (Apps) I can reload.

Not sure what next step would be.*Confused

copiman, Feb 14, 2022
Thema:

Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

1. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login - Similar Threads - Blank Screen Cursor

2. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen with Cursor after Login: I just installed the most recent cumulative update for Microsoft Windows 10 on my laptop late last week. Since that time, whenever I login it dumps me onto a blank screen with no desktop icons or taskbar, but there is a cursor, and I can run chrome and probably other apps...
  3. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank Screen with Cursor after Login: I just installed the most recent cumulative update for Microsoft Windows 10 on my laptop late last week. Since that time, whenever I login it dumps me onto a blank screen with no desktop icons or taskbar, but there is a cursor, and I can run chrome and probably other apps...
  4. Blank screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank screen with cursor after login: Hi all, I'm having a total nightmare and I'm hoping someone can suggest a fix. My main windows account seems to be very broken, when I try to log in I just get a black screen with a cursor. Ctrl + Alt + Del works but if I select task manager I get an hour glass briefly then...
  5. Blank screen with enlarged cursor after update

Blank screen with enlarged cursor after update: I had kept my laptop (MSI GF63) for update and now after restarting it, it loads into a blank screen with a big cursor. Please help. submitted by /u/Koro_Heisenberg [link] [comments]...
  6. Login in to Windows w/ blank screen and cursor after Windows update

Login in to Windows w/ blank screen and cursor after Windows update: Upon signing into Windows after a normal startup I am met with a blank screen and a cursor. This is always after updating Windows. I have done this multiple times after reverting back to an old save so I can actually use my PC. I would like to be able to update Windows...
  7. Blank screen after login except start menu and cursor

Blank screen after login except start menu and cursor: Im able to log in but beyond that, i can only use the start menu and everything else is black. I can click and run a program, and i even get the admin permission screen pop up so i can confirm. Once i do, the program doesnt appear but i can see its loaded by alt-tabbing....
  8. Black screen with cursor after login?

Black screen with cursor after login?: So, I purchased a (nearly new) laptop from someone recently, and started it up to find that the taskbar didn't want to respond to my mouse. A website suggested I use the task manager to End Task the Windows Explorer and, like a Fool, I did. Now, the screen's black (though I...
  9. Blank screen with mouse cursor after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen with mouse cursor after login: It's all good, @copiman. I could say the same thing myself: I keep learning (and doing) more myself, thanks to all the fascinating stuff going on and being discussed here. Keep it up! Thanks, --Ed--
  10. Blank screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen with cursor after log in: Hi, first of all I am not tech savvy and I really need help. I am using an ASUS X553S and windows 10. 2 days ago my laptop automatically updated early in the morning when I woke up I can only see a blue screen saying "making sure your apps are ready to go. Do not turn off...