Windows 10: Blank screen with enlarged cursor after update

Discus and support Blank screen with enlarged cursor after update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had kept my laptop (MSI GF63) for update and now after restarting it, it loads into a blank screen with a big cursor. Please help. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Koro_Heisenberg, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Blank screen with enlarged cursor after update

I had kept my laptop (MSI GF63) for update and now after restarting it, it loads into a blank screen with a big cursor. Please help.

submitted by /u/Koro_Heisenberg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Koro_Heisenberg, Nov 7, 2020
  2. ble4h Win User

Enlarged Cursor with new AMD 7790

Happens in R7 260X as well

I created an account just for this *Smile Blank screen with enlarged cursor after update :)

Anyway, you guys will be happy to know that this happens on the R7 260X as well (which is basically a 7790). I got some parts to build a new PC yesterday and hit lots of rubbish issues with this enlarged cursor being one of them.

My setup:
    Fresh install of Win7 Pro SP1

i7-4770S
    Gigabyte B85M-D3H - Latest Bios (F08)
    Sapphire R7 260X OC - Latest Beta Driver (13.11 Beta v9.2) though it happens in 13.10 WHQL as well
    2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1600 in Dual Channel Mode
    1080p TV on HDMI

My symptoms:
    -Normal-sized mouse pointer on desktop
    -Enlarged text select pointer when hovering over text fields
    -Enlarged in-game mouse pointer in full-screen games

Experiments so far:
    -Enabling cursor trails fixes the enlarged text select pointer on desktop but causes the mouse pointer to disappear in full-screen games
    -Enabling cursor trails and running games in windowed-full-screen allows the in-game mouse pointer to appear normally and at the correct size (but I hate the fps penalty)

Not at home atm so I can't try more stuff. Definitely will try fiddling with older drivers and the mouse configurations as tezzatheman did.

ble4h, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Steve1380 Win User
    Blank Screen, Blinking Cursor

Windows 10 PC crashed, now have blank screen with blinking cursor in upper left, can't boot -- suggestions for how to connect, please?

Steve1380, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Blank screen with enlarged cursor after update

1. Blank screen with enlarged cursor after update - Similar Threads - Blank screen enlarged

2. cursor enlargement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cursor enlargement: Text cursor has suddenly become a large, capitalized letter. no changes made. I NEED HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-enlargement/192c0638-1f80-49b6-8721-c86dc8562470
  3. cursor enlargement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cursor enlargement: Text cursor has suddenly become a large, capitalized letter. no changes made. I NEED HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-enlargement/192c0638-1f80-49b6-8721-c86dc8562470
  4. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen with Cursor after Login: I just installed the most recent cumulative update for Microsoft Windows 10 on my laptop late last week. Since that time, whenever I login it dumps me onto a blank screen with no desktop icons or taskbar, but there is a cursor, and I can run chrome and probably other apps...
  5. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen with Cursor after Login: I just installed the most recent cumulative update for Microsoft Windows 10 on my laptop late last week. Since that time, whenever I login it dumps me onto a blank screen with no desktop icons or taskbar, but there is a cursor, and I can run chrome and probably other apps...
  6. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Blank screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank screen with cursor after login: Hi all, I'm having a total nightmare and I'm hoping someone can suggest a fix. My main windows account seems to be very broken, when I try to log in I just get a black screen with a cursor. Ctrl + Alt + Del works but if I select task manager I get an hour glass briefly then...
  8. Enlarge Cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Enlarge Cursor: My eyesight is getting worse and I wold like to enlarge my CURSOR so Ican see where it is going and is. Can anyone tell me how to achieve this please? Regards, 144699
  9. Blank screen with mouse cursor after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen with mouse cursor after login: It's all good, @copiman. I could say the same thing myself: I keep learning (and doing) more myself, thanks to all the fascinating stuff going on and being discussed here. Keep it up! Thanks, --Ed--
  10. Blank screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen with cursor after log in: Hi, first of all I am not tech savvy and I really need help. I am using an ASUS X553S and windows 10. 2 days ago my laptop automatically updated early in the morning when I woke up I can only see a blue screen saying "making sure your apps are ready to go. Do not turn off...