Windows 10: Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login

Discus and support Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,I know many have asked, and I have tried everything I have seen so far. Just bought the PC new, win10 with gtx 1650 graphics. Worked fine for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DerekTurner3, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login

Hi,I know many have asked, and I have tried everything I have seen so far. Just bought the PC new, win10 with gtx 1650 graphics. Worked fine for a couple of startups, then message about disk errors followed by boot into normal login screen. This goes into black screen with mouse pointer. Task manager does not come up with Crl Alt Del, Ctl Shift Esc. Ctrl shift win-key and b does nothing, nor does going in in safe mode. Its very frustrating as I am sure its a simple fix once I can recapture the graphics. I know a bit of command prompt stuff, but launching this during startup has not helped, all

:)

DerekTurner3, Nov 22, 2021
  2. Ztruker Win User

Blank screen after startup, no login, no mouse pointer

What about trying Windows Key + P? Normally it brings up this menu:

Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login [​IMG]

Try Winkey+P then press Enter?
    Try Winkey+P, down arrow then Enter?

Ztruker, Nov 22, 2021
  3. beardo Win User

Wonder if anyone could help.

Switched on a friend's PC today with Windows 10 fully updated (upgraded from Windows 7 around a month ago), and it loads to where the login screen should be ie after the Windows 10 logo etc, but then the screen is blank. There's no mouse pointer, no login screen, and no monitor error (ie there's a source at least).

I've tried booting in safe mode but I get the exact same problem. Also I've tried just typing in the password to see if the login screen has been moved to a non existent monitor, but that doesn't work either.

Any ideas before I make a recovery USB to take to their house? I'd rather see if it could be fixed without having to scrub off all of their apps.

Thanks Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login :)

beardo, Nov 22, 2021
  4. Sober0782 Win User

Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login

I had the same problem it worked after updating the Bios to the latest version and has started normally every since I hope that helps

Sober0782, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login

1. Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login - Similar Threads - Blank screen mouse

2. Blank grey screen after Windows login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank grey screen after Windows login: Hello,After logging into windows I'm now getting a blank grey screen. I can still see the mouse pointer and occasionally part of the toolbar clock etc or my user background image will flash for a second.First noticed this while using Firefox with multiple tabs open which...
  3. Blank grey screen after Windows login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank grey screen after Windows login: Hello,After logging into windows I'm now getting a blank grey screen. I can still see the mouse pointer and occasionally part of the toolbar clock etc or my user background image will flash for a second.First noticed this while using Firefox with multiple tabs open which...
  4. Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login: Hi,I know many have asked, and I have tried everything I have seen so far. Just bought the PC new, win10 with gtx 1650 graphics. Worked fine for a couple of startups, then message about disk errors followed by boot into normal login screen. This goes into black screen with...
  5. Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login: Hi,I know many have asked, and I have tried everything I have seen so far. Just bought the PC new, win10 with gtx 1650 graphics. Worked fine for a couple of startups, then message about disk errors followed by boot into normal login screen. This goes into black screen with...
  6. blank screen with pointer after signing in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    blank screen with pointer after signing in: i tried opening task manager to find windows explorer, i couldn’t find it. i then ran explorer.exe and the task bar and everything started flashing. i also got an error which said sihost unknown hard error. i have tried going into safe mode too. i installed my drivers last...
  7. Blank Screen After Login, Pointer Still Visible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Screen After Login, Pointer Still Visible: Hello, and thanks in advance for any help. I have been trying to help my sister fix her Windows 10 HP desktop computer. The computer may have been shutdown improperly, and an update may have been involved, and now it displays a persistent blank screen after she logs in....
  8. after login- blank screen with mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after login- blank screen with mouse pointer: I have been using Windows 10 for a couple of years. 5 days ago, while issuing a print, Windows 10 desktop disappeared suddenly. I get a blank screen with mouse pointer. No desktop, no task bar, no start menu. I tried the following options (after reading online) regedit...
  9. Blank screen with mouse cursor after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen with mouse cursor after login: It's all good, @copiman. I could say the same thing myself: I keep learning (and doing) more myself, thanks to all the fascinating stuff going on and being discussed here. Keep it up! Thanks, --Ed--
  10. Blank screen after startup, no login, no mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen after startup, no login, no mouse pointer: Wonder if anyone could help. Switched on a friend's PC today with Windows 10 fully updated (upgraded from Windows 7 around a month ago), and it loads to where the login screen should be ie after the Windows 10 logo etc, but then the screen is blank. There's no mouse...