Windows 10: blank screen with pointer after signing in

Discus and support blank screen with pointer after signing in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i tried opening task manager to find windows explorer, i couldn’t find it. i then ran explorer.exe and the task bar and everything started flashing. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nostalgic_avocados, Oct 12, 2020.

1. blank screen with pointer after signing in

i tried opening task manager to find windows explorer, i couldn’t find it. i then ran explorer.exe and the task bar and everything started flashing. i also got an error which said sihost unknown hard error. i have tried going into safe mode too.

i installed my drivers last night, my computer was running normally (it’s a computer i built), i used it this morning and it was fine but when i use it now it’s all messed up! please help!

submitted by /u/nostalgic_avocados
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nostalgic_avocados, Oct 12, 2020

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Oriana.G Win User
    unable to deactivate Windows log-on password

Hi HearaldPenkert,

I suggest trying with this steps:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
    • Enter sign, and then tap or click Change sign-in options.
    • Choose the sign-in option you'd like to use, and then follow the instructions.

If you're using a local account with a password, you can delete the password to sign in without one. Try this steps:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
    • Enter sign, and then tap or click Sign-in options.
    • Under Password, tap or click Change.
    • Verify the current password for your local account.
    • Leave the New password, Reenter password, and Password hint fields blank, tap or click Next, and then tap or click Finish.
    I hope it will solve your issue.

Bye

Oriana.G, Oct 12, 2020
  4. blank screen with pointer after signing in

after login- blank screen with mouse pointer

I have been using Windows 10 for a couple of years.

5 days ago, while issuing a print, Windows 10 desktop disappeared suddenly. I get a blank screen with mouse pointer.

No desktop, no task bar, no start menu.

I tried the following options (after reading online)

1. regedit to update shell
    2. start explorer through task manager
    3. change display settings
    4. use external display
    5. run safe mode
    6. repair installation
    7. last attempt was when I reinstalled windows 10
    I still get the same problem.

What do I need to do?

AvinashDeshpande, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

blank screen with pointer after signing in

1. blank screen with pointer after signing in - Similar Threads - blank screen pointer

2. Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login: Hi,I know many have asked, and I have tried everything I have seen so far. Just bought the PC new, win10 with gtx 1650 graphics. Worked fine for a couple of startups, then message about disk errors followed by boot into normal login screen. This goes into black screen with...
  3. Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login: Hi,I know many have asked, and I have tried everything I have seen so far. Just bought the PC new, win10 with gtx 1650 graphics. Worked fine for a couple of startups, then message about disk errors followed by boot into normal login screen. This goes into black screen with...
  4. Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Screen Flashes Blank upon sign in after cumulative update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Flashes Blank upon sign in after cumulative update.: I posted this question a month back in this Reddit post. The problem occuring is after this update till the sign in screen there are no problems but upon reaching the desktop the screen starts flashing blank and a notification appears that nvidia control panel was not found....
  6. Blank Screen After Login, Pointer Still Visible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Screen After Login, Pointer Still Visible: Hello, and thanks in advance for any help. I have been trying to help my sister fix her Windows 10 HP desktop computer. The computer may have been shutdown improperly, and an update may have been involved, and now it displays a persistent blank screen after she logs in....
  7. Blank Screen after Signing In

Blank Screen after Signing In: Hi I have 2 screens connected to my laptop, both screens have power and visuals prior to signing in. After I sign past the log on screen, 1 of my screens goes completely blank. It still has power but no curser visible. I have tried the plug, the connections, the...
  8. after login- blank screen with mouse pointer

after login- blank screen with mouse pointer: I have been using Windows 10 for a couple of years. 5 days ago, while issuing a print, Windows 10 desktop disappeared suddenly. I get a blank screen with mouse pointer. No desktop, no task bar, no start menu. I tried the following options (after reading online) regedit...
  9. Blank screen after startup, no login, no mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen after startup, no login, no mouse pointer: Wonder if anyone could help. Switched on a friend's PC today with Windows 10 fully updated (upgraded from Windows 7 around a month ago), and it loads to where the login screen should be ie after the Windows 10 logo etc, but then the screen is blank. There's no mouse...
  10. Sign-in Option screen is blank after Windows 10 install

Sign-in Option screen is blank after Windows 10 install: After the update, I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop. I was not asked to change my password to a pin. I thought this was odd, because that was the process with another laptop at work that I have successfully updated. Thinking nothing about it, I proceeded, and it looks...