Windows 10: Blank screen

Discus and support Blank screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hope you can help, I have been 'updating' windows 10 from windows 7 since Monday. The screen has remained blank since then. Nothing is happening at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HobbitJohn, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Blank screen

I hope you can help, I have been 'updating' windows 10 from windows 7 since Monday. The screen has remained blank since then. Nothing is happening at all. After turning it off, the start up screen is just the windows 10 logo then the screen goes blank.
    Please help as now that school has started we need the laptop for homework.
    Thanks

:)

HobbitJohn, Sep 3, 2015

2. nokia 6280 blank screen

anybody out there know why my screen has gone blank working perfectly then screen is blank can still make and recieve calls but screen is completely blank any suggestions to why?

lorretta---01, Sep 3, 2015
  3. chasw98 Win User
    Blank screen after Windows 10 update on 9/12/2017

I got the meaning of "hard shutdown".

FYI as stated in problem, the blank screen covered the (1) BIOS post screen and (2) Manufacture Logo screen and (3) Sign-in screen. I heard the Windows Start-up Sound.

In my case blank was blank.

What I left out of the original, is I tried a Recover Disk but due to blank screen I could not navigate it.

Again, thanks for your help.

chasw98, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

Blank screen

1. Blank screen - Similar Threads - Blank screen

2. Loaded Windows 10 Pro, no will not load. Blank screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loaded Windows 10 Pro, no will not load. Blank screen: I loaded Win10 Pro from Microsoft using the digital the digital download. Tried to boot the computer up after an interruption, got nothing but a blank screen. The computer is basically dead....
  3. screen turning blank with cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen turning blank with cursor: when i factory reset my window 10 in hp stream ,it boots and says preparing windows but after mins it turns into black screen with a cursor....how to fix this error?...
  4. My laptop's screen is blank after switching it off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop's screen is blank after switching it off: I was working on Kali Linux installed in virtual box in my laptop which has windows 10 OS. While working, suddenly screen got black or dark blue screen. No key was working on it, so I switched off my laptop. After that the trouble begins. 1. On battery, my laptop is on...
  5. My laptop's screen is blank after switching it off

My laptop's screen is blank after switching it off: I was working on Kali Linux installed in virtual box in my laptop which has windows 10 OS. While working, suddenly screen got black or dark blue screen. No key was working on it, so I switched off my laptop. After that the trouble begins. 1. On battery, my laptop is on...
  6. My screen goes blank when I unplug is from the charger

My screen goes blank when I unplug is from the charger: My screen goes blank when I unplug is from the charger. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-goes-blank-when-i-unplug-is-from-the/ca50060f-be2f-417d-9b72-c8c54ea06b9f
  7. Blank screen with time and date only on my Dell Inspiron 15z

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank screen with time and date only on my Dell Inspiron 15z: Hope you can help...I haven't used my laptop in days, and went to charge it knowing battery was drained. Sure enough when I opened it , and now it's fully charged, I have a dark screen, the time and date are shown at the bottom, and a voice speaks to me...so I did an alt,...
  8. Blank Blue Screen, Then Crash???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Blue Screen, Then Crash???: I'm trying to install windows 10 on a new computer, but whenever I boot to the USB I loaded windows onto it loads for a bit then I see a quick flash of the windows logo then a literal blue screen with no writing and then to top it off after a while the computer just crashes,...
  9. Having problems with startup. Blank screen for long periods.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Having problems with startup. Blank screen for long periods.: Purchased Windows 10 for my HP Envy dv6 Notebook. Having problems with startup. Blank screen for long periods. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canview1/c48b3b4b-f8d7-437d-9c7c-c89c545eb602
  10. touchscreen Stopped, screen is blank

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    touchscreen Stopped, screen is blank: I have an evoo-125-ultra-thin-ev-c-125-3-bk-laptop. The fingerprint card has stopped working. Windows loads but I can't sign in. The screen is just blank. I've tried every option for recovery but nothing.help!...