Windows 10: blank screen

Discus and support blank screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when i log on i have wallpaper and moving curser but nothing else. I can't type in the search bar or use the start function. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nannyanne, Apr 23, 2021.

1. nannyanne Win User

blank screen

when i log on i have wallpaper and moving curser but nothing else. I can't type in the search bar or use the start function. Any ideas?

:)

nannyanne, Apr 23, 2021

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Apr 23, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    zbook, Apr 23, 2021
  4. kodex Win User

blank screen

Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

blank screen

1. blank screen - Similar Threads - blank screen

2. OneDrive stuck on blank screen for days, won't sign in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive stuck on blank screen for days, won't sign in: I have tried reseting Onedrive, uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting everything in the credentials manager, and even deleting the entry in the registry. No matter what I do, I run into this issue when trying to sign into Onedrive on my Windows 10 PC. I can still log in...
  3. OneDrive stuck on blank screen for days, won't sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive stuck on blank screen for days, won't sign in: I have tried reseting Onedrive, uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting everything in the credentials manager, and even deleting the entry in the registry. No matter what I do, I run into this issue when trying to sign into Onedrive on my Windows 10 PC. I can still log in...
  4. OneDrive stuck on blank screen for days, won't sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen blank but system and services are fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen blank but system and services are fine: I've got a Windows 11 Pro system running at a remote location that I use with Teamviewer. This recent time, the system was up for 4 days and then all of the sudden I couldn't use Teamviewer with it. The screen was black and no cursor. I went to the local...
  6. Screen blank but system and services are fine

Screen blank but system and services are fine: I've got a Windows 11 Pro system running at a remote location that I use with Teamviewer. This recent time, the system was up for 4 days and then all of the sudden I couldn't use Teamviewer with it. The screen was black and no cursor. I went to the local...
  7. Screen blank but Services Running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen blank but Services Running: I've got a Windows 11 Pro system running at a remote location that I use with Teamviewer. This recent time, the system was up for 4 days and then all of the sudden I couldn't use Teamviewer with it. The screen was black and no cursor.I went to the local keyboard/mouse/monitor...
  8. Screen blank but Services Running

Screen blank but Services Running: I've got a Windows 11 Pro system running at a remote location that I use with Teamviewer. This recent time, the system was up for 4 days and then all of the sudden I couldn't use Teamviewer with it. The screen was black and no cursor.I went to the local keyboard/mouse/monitor...
  9. PrtSc screenshot blank/black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PrtSc screenshot blank/black screen: i tried to screenshot with prtsc and it appears like this, how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prtsc-screenshot-blankblack-screen/cd4c1338-5030-4323-bb06-371673c3d05e
  10. PrtSc screenshot blank/black screen

PrtSc screenshot blank/black screen: i tried to screenshot with prtsc and it appears like this, how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prtsc-screenshot-blankblack-screen/cd4c1338-5030-4323-bb06-371673c3d05e