Windows 10: Blank search window

Discus and support Blank search window in Cortana to solve the problem; Clicking the magnifying glass opens the search function but the window is completely blank. Nothing. No error message, no "couldn't find anything"... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SurferOnTheWeb, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Blank search window

Clicking the magnifying glass opens the search function but the window is completely blank. Nothing. No error message, no "couldn't find anything" message, no results whatsoever - just a blank box. This error comes after installing some new software. I tried uninstalling but with no luck.

For troubleshooting I ran sfc /scannow, which resulted in no errors found.

Also tried the DISM command.

Also tried stopping and restarting SearchUI.exe, Windows Search service.

Also tried rebuilding index.

It's very annoying, what can I do? Blank search window 5fce9d6d-cf40-4863-a53c-fd51f1b47122?upload=true.jpg

Thanks

:)

SurferOnTheWeb, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Louie Del Win User

Blank Search

Hi Jason,

There may be changes in the configuration settings on your computer that’s why you’ve encountered a blank search. Regarding this, I’d like to ask the following questions so I could learn more about your concern:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 that’s installed on your PC? Go to
      Settings > System> About to get this information.
    • Can you confirm when you’ve mentioned windows search engine, are you pertaining to
      Bing.com or Cortana & search on your Windows 10 PC?
    • What are the steps that you’ve taken so far?

I’ll wait for your response.

Louie Del, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 5, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Blank search window

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Blank search window

1. Blank search window - Similar Threads - Blank search window

2. Blank icons in the windows 10 search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank icons in the windows 10 search: Certain apps have blank icons especially windows default apps. no changes made and I don't understand why it is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icons-in-the-windows-10-search/11930247-30cf-48f9-b105-24a73c62ea15
  3. Blank icons in searching windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank icons in searching windows: Some of my apps have blank icons when I'm using windows search. I tried tovrest the PC, change the icon itself but nothing works. I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icons-in-searching-windows/d14279e8-d9f7-47cb-9f94-19e5e5b4fa4c
  4. Blank icons in searching windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank icons in searching windows: Some of my apps have blank icons when I'm using windows search. I tried tovrest the PC, change the icon itself but nothing works. I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icons-in-searching-windows/d14279e8-d9f7-47cb-9f94-19e5e5b4fa4c
  5. Blank icons in searching windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Blank icons in the windows 10 search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank icons in the windows 10 search: Certain apps have blank icons when searched for in the windows 10 search. I've attempted to rebuild the search cache, rebuild the icon cache, all the display fixes but nothing is fixing it. Can anyone help?...
  7. Blank icons in search

in Cortana
    Blank icons in search: Some of the icons are blank when I am searching it on Windows Search. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icons-in-search/00318565-a37d-4599-b43c-5a77590f39f1
  8. Search box blank

in Cortana
    Search box blank: If I type in the 'type here to search' box it brings up a black box. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-blank/387cc735-d0c7-4630-9286-d7747364539d"
  9. Blank Windows Search Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank Windows Search Bar: Hello, since i logged on my computer yesterday my search bar has ben completely blank. I have the newest windows update, so that should not be the problem. Does anybody have a fix for this?...
  10. Windows search not working/is blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search not working/is blank: 1909, Ran: Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} Got: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, Paket, değiştirdiği kaynaklar şu anda...