Windows 10: Blank space at top of program windows

Discus and support Blank space at top of program windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Odd problem here. At least three programs on this Windows 10 Pro (Ver. 1909) machine will sometimes open with sections missing at the top of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by genistas, Jun 11, 2020.

1. genistas Win User

Blank space at top of program windows

Hello,

Odd problem here. At least three programs on this Windows 10 Pro (Ver. 1909) machine will sometimes open with sections missing at the top of the windows. This usually means the menus are not there, but just a blank grey space instead. It doesn't matter if minimized or maximized. The programs we've noticed this happening to so far are MS Edge, Chrome, Adobe Reader, and Outlook 2010. I fixed Adobe and Outlook for now by reinstalling them.

It should be noted that the machine (Dell Optiplex 3040, i5, 8 GB RAM, brand new 1 TB Seagate 7200 RPM Hard Drive) was completely reloaded from scratch about 3 months ago. Installed programs are minimal (Office, Adobe Reader, and our financial software client app). All Windows updates are current. Dell diagnostics returned no errors, nor did a chkdsk /r. SFC /scannow found some issues and repaired them, but that didn't fix the issue.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

:)

genistas, Jun 11, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Taskbar with blank space

It may be possible that the blank space on your notification area is connected with the OneDrive app. We can reset the app by following the steps below:

• To open the Run dialog box, press and hold the Windows key and press
      R.
    • Type %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset and press
      Enter.
    • The OneDrive icon will disappear and reappear for a few minutes.
    • If the OneDrive icon doesn't appear on the notification area, open the
      Run
      dialog box again and type %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe and press
      Enter.

Keep us posted with the result of the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Blank space at top of program windows

Blank spaces on Apps and features page

On Windows 10 apps and features page most apps listed have a size, my question is what does it mean when there is no size listed? Theres just a blank space. Thanks for any and all help.

R.KevinMcGregor, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Blank space at top of program windows

1. Blank space at top of program windows - Similar Threads - Blank space top

2. Maximized window leaves blank space on top of screen

in Windows 10 News
    Maximized window leaves blank space on top of screen: [ATTACH]Some Windows users are reporting when a program or app window is maximized, it leaves blank space on the top part of the computer screen. This is an annoying issue and can be caused by a lot of different things. In this article, we are going to see how to resolve the...
  3. Blank area at top of some programs when displayed in Maximized mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Blank area at top of some programs when displayed in Maximized mode: I asked this question back on July 2020, but have updated it and am reposting in hopes that someone knows a solution. Others are experiencing the same problem. The problem manifests itself as a blank area at the top of a maximized window. It occurs Only for certain programs...
  4. Taskbar shows opened program icons as Blank Spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar shows opened program icons as Blank Spaces: Hi, After the last windows update called "Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2" I have this issue. When I open some programs/Apps, task bar is not showing the related icon. Instead, a blank space appear in the task bar. This happened after the windows updates and I...
  5. Microsoft office programs shows blank space on the right of the screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft office programs shows blank space on the right of the screen on windows 10: I use HP laptop with Windows 10. I use external monitor LG ultra wide 3440 x 1440. Maximizing window on any internet browsers or any program works fine but if I maximize window for Microsoft office program, it gives me blank screen on the right side and sometimes on the...
  6. blank program icon

in Windows 10 Support
    blank program icon: groove music icon keeps disappearing and shows a blank white page. i've tried to re-install but when i restart my computer it goes blank again. anybody know how to fix this? 167138
  7. Windows 10 blank top

Windows 10 blank top: I was wondering if anyone else is having an issue where at random times, the top of File Explorer, Google Chrome or Adobe Reader shows a blank top. The blank top removes the option to click on any ribbon or settings. The close, minimize, etc are blank as well. Almost as if...
  8. Blank space in word

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blank space in word: How to remove a large blank space between two paragraphs in Word? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-space-in-word/d1d16226-273a-4ce8-8f31-b7d435a36ecd"
  9. Windows terminal server 2016, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows terminal server 2016, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of...: Hello! Hope some one can assist i have different Users with a strange behaviour - if they maximize a window tested with IE11, Acrobat, Windows Explorer, google chrome they get an empty or black / white space on top of that window. Right clicking on the empty or black /...
  10. Windows 10, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of screen

Windows 10, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of screen: This problem happens with all windows when maximized. When the window is maximized there is a bar at the top of the screen through which i can see my desktop. Its like that range that the window can maximize has been shortened. Here is the link from reddit and this is...