Windows 10: blank thumbnail on my desktop

Discus and support blank thumbnail on my desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i downloaded a game file and sometimes it shows a blank white thumbnail for the picture, i have screenshot it and moved my mouse pointer to it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Teknosfinest, Mar 26, 2021.

1. blank thumbnail on my desktop

i downloaded a game file and sometimes it shows a blank white thumbnail for the picture, i have screenshot it and moved my mouse pointer to it to highlight it, how do i fix this?
    blank thumbnail on my desktop [​IMG]

:)

Teknosfinest, Mar 26, 2021
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Default program on thumbnail suddeny Blank?

I don't know what happened but the little picture in the bottom right that as always showing the photoshop thing is blank?*Shock It opens correct in Photoshop so there seems nothing wrong with the assignment of the default file association i suspect? I want that blanco thing gone and my Photoshop's icon back*Mad!!! Any suggestions??

blank thumbnail on my desktop [​IMG]

mastermind8888, Mar 26, 2021
  4. blank thumbnail on my desktop

Default program on thumbnail suddeny Blank?

I have occasionally had that happen to desktop icons and would love to know what is going on and how to stop it from happening. But it's pretty easy to fix for application icons.

You can just right click on the shortcut, select "Change Icon" and choose the appropriate one. But you have to know where that appropriate icon live. I find it easier to just recreate the shortcut.( I apologize for the details. You probably already know how to create a desktop icon, but just in case, ...)

1. Right click on the icon, look in the "Shortcut" tab (which should automatically open), and copy the contents of the "Start in" field. (This isn't really necessary, but it will make step 3 easier.)
    2. Delete the desktop icon.
    3. In File Explorer, find the executable. It will be in the folder whose location you copied in step 1.
      Right click-and-hold the .exe file, drag to the desktop, release the mouse button, and click on "Create shortcuts here".
    This should build a shortcut with the correct icon, but there may be times when it doesn't.

pokeefe0001, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

blank thumbnail on my desktop

1. blank thumbnail on my desktop - Similar Threads - blank thumbnail desktop

2. Blank Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Desktop: I turned on my surface laptop this morning and it prompted me to sign in to windows, even when the face recognition was working. I followed the instructions and when finished, I went back to my desktop and it was almost blank. Only had an icon of google earth, Chrome, Edge...
  3. Blank Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Desktop: I turned on my surface laptop this morning and it prompted me to sign in to windows, even when the face recognition was working. I followed the instructions and when finished, I went back to my desktop and it was almost blank. Only had an icon of google earth, Chrome, Edge...
  4. Windows 10 - Thumbnails Blank / Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Thumbnails Blank / Not Working: Hello, my laptop updated last night to the latest Windows 10 scheduled to update every Saturday if available. Since then, all of my icons/thumbnails preview do not work. They are all blank or generic and do not actually show the image preview anymore. I'm not sure how to fix...
  5. Windows 10 - Thumbnails Blank / Not Working

Windows 10 - Thumbnails Blank / Not Working: Hello, my laptop updated last night to the latest Windows 10 scheduled to update every Saturday if available. Since then, all of my icons/thumbnails preview do not work. They are all blank or generic and do not actually show the image preview anymore. I'm not sure how to fix...
  6. Windows 10 - Thumbnails Blank / Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. PNG thumbnails are blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PNG thumbnails are blank: A few months ago, all the PNG thumbnails on my computer went blank on my desktop and in explorer except for when the background transparent part is black. Some of my app icons went completely missing transparent instead of a blank file icon. JPG icons are fine, the images are...
  8. PNG thumbnails are blank

PNG thumbnails are blank: A few months ago, all the PNG thumbnails on my computer went blank on my desktop and in explorer except for when the background transparent part is black. Some of my app icons went completely missing transparent instead of a blank file icon. JPG icons are fine, the images are...
  9. PNG thumbnails are blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Default program on thumbnail suddeny Blank?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default program on thumbnail suddeny Blank?: I don't know what happened but the little picture in the bottom right that as always showing the photoshop thing is blank?*Shock It opens correct in Photoshop so there seems nothing wrong with the assignment of the default file association i suspect? I want that blanco thing...