Windows 10: Blank Win11 Taskbar Icons

Discus and support Blank Win11 Taskbar Icons in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This has been an ongoing annoying problem since upgrading to Win11. Some of my taskbar icons show blank. see below 4th from left which should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ClarkRW, Sep 25, 2022.

1. ClarkRW Win User

Blank Win11 Taskbar Icons

This has been an ongoing annoying problem since upgrading to Win11. Some of my taskbar icons show blank. see below 4th from left which should be showing the Windows Mail iconI've tried a number of troubleshooting efforts after Googling the problem but nothing seems to help, including:Install all updates from both Microsoft and Lenovodeleting the app and re-adding itdeleting the Iris Service keydeleting the icon cacherestarting explorer like a dozen times in a rowLenovo Legion Slim 9 running up-to-date Win11.

:)

ClarkRW, Sep 25, 2022

2. Blank icons in taskbar on Windows 2016

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Confirm the said application you're using so we could fully understand the cause of the issue.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest restarting the Explorer.exe on the Task Manager. This may help resolve the issue with blank icons on the Taskbar. Refer to the steps below:

1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del, then select Task Manager.

2. On the Task Manager window, click on More Details at the bottom left if it doesn't shows the
    Processes tab.

3. Scroll down the list of the Windows processes and locate Windows Explorer and right-click on it and select
    Restart.

Note: The desktop icons and the Taskbar will refresh and will be gone for a moment after this process. It should reappear automatically.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Blank Win11 Taskbar Icons

Taskbar icons not showing win11

Hi Peshraw. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, specializing in Installation, Performance, Troubleshooting and Activation, here to help you.

Try these fixes for blank icons on task bar in Windows 11:

https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how-to-fix-...

https://allthings.how/how-to-fix-blank-icons-in...

https://windowsreport.com/windows-11-taskbar-ic... (Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/taskbar-icons-ar...

(Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

https://www.technipages.com/fix-taskbar-icons-m...

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Blank Win11 Taskbar Icons

1. Blank Win11 Taskbar Icons - Similar Threads - Blank Win11 Taskbar

2. Blank Win11 Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Win11 Taskbar Icons: This has been an ongoing annoying problem since upgrading to Win11. Some of my taskbar icons show blank. see below 4th from left which should be showing the Windows Mail iconI've tried a number of troubleshooting efforts after Googling the problem but nothing seems to help,...
  3. Blank Taskbar Icons after hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Taskbar Icons after hibernation: I migrated from Windows 10 to Windows 11, on a Dell Inspiron laptop, was successful. However after hibernation most of the taskbar icons are blank. They do exist as I can click on the blank space to activate each application. The "fix" is to restart File Explorer via the task...
  4. Blank Windows 10 Icon In Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Windows 10 Icon In Taskbar: hi, i'm experience some problem only in my user account, the other user account not, several app like settings, microsfot store, and built in app icon are appear blank in my taskbar and appear as white paper icon in my start menu, i tried to rebuild icon cache by deleting...
  5. Taskbar icons not showing win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons not showing win11: after I upgraded my OS from win10 to win11, some taskbar icons are not showing while I use themNote: but when I create another user account everything works well, but I want to continue with my main user account as administrator...
  6. Taskbar icons not showing win11

Taskbar icons not showing win11: after I upgraded my OS from win10 to win11, some taskbar icons are not showing while I use themNote: but when I create another user account everything works well, but I want to continue with my main user account as administrator...
  7. Volume Notification icon on taskbar is blank

Volume Notification icon on taskbar is blank: In Settings > Notification area - Select which icons appear on the taskbar > Volume is set to ON. Always has been.But just a few days ago it's place in the notification area went blank. Am not aware of any changes.Clicking in the blank rectangle there or right-clicking it...
  8. Blank icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank icon on taskbar: When ever I open any app not pinned to taskbar it displays blank icon instead of its real icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icon-on-taskbar/2d5ccfc2-598f-4155-bd95-33f10c7b785b
  9. Blank icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank icons on the taskbar: There is a problem that happened to my computer just now. This also happened to my 2014 computer. Any help? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AefGYg88SyM Information on Winver: Microsoft Windows Version 10.0 Build 10240 c 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved....
  10. Edge icon blank in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge icon blank in taskbar: Any way to fix this easily please? [img] [img] Thanks 36195

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 11 taskbar blank