Windows 10: Blank Windows Search Bar

Discus and support Blank Windows Search Bar in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, since i logged on my computer yesterday my search bar has ben completely blank. I have the newest windows update, so that should not be the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wuick, Feb 6, 2020.

1. wuick Win User

Blank Windows Search Bar

Hello, since i logged on my computer yesterday my search bar has ben completely blank. I have the newest windows update, so that should not be the problem. Does anybody have a fix for this?

:)

wuick, Feb 6, 2020

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 6, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Leah01 Win User

Blank Windows Search Bar

Search bar not responding to typed input after 6/12/18 Windows Update

I did the 06/12/18 Windows Update (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), and now the search bar doesn't respond to any typed input. I type in the first few letters, and the search/Cortana window just closes on me and the Search bar is blank. Cannot open apps or do any searching via the bar.

Any suggestions, please?

Leah01, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Blank Windows Search Bar

1. Blank Windows Search Bar - Similar Threads - Blank Search Bar

2. Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working: Yesterday my computer suddently couldn't load into Windows for some reason, despite me do nothing but I eventually got it back to boot with a USB Stick and some commands. However, now I am noticing that everything seems to be working but the Windows Search just shows a blank...
  3. Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working: Yesterday my computer suddently couldn't load into Windows for some reason, despite me do nothing but I eventually got it back to boot with a USB Stick and some commands. However, now I am noticing that everything seems to be working but the Windows Search just shows a blank...
  4. Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working

in Cortana
  5. Blank icons in searching windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank icons in searching windows: Some of my apps have blank icons when I'm using windows search. I tried tovrest the PC, change the icon itself but nothing works. I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icons-in-searching-windows/d14279e8-d9f7-47cb-9f94-19e5e5b4fa4c
  6. Icons Blank In Search Bar After Reset

in Cortana
    Icons Blank In Search Bar After Reset: After resetting my computer, I installed some applications which were installed before reset but their icons are blank when I search them. I have tried rebuilding icon cache and reecreating the shortcuts but it didn't work....
  7. Windows 10 home version 2004 search bar is blank and nonfunctional

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 home version 2004 search bar is blank and nonfunctional: Hi there, I am running windows 10 home ver 2004 and when i click on the search bar, it goes blank. If i type into it, i am unable to see the characters and it will not search up any files on my pc. If i type in a word "bobsled", for example, and hit the return key, it will...
  8. Search bar on task bar comes up with blank screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar on task bar comes up with blank screen: [ATTACH] The below just started happening this morning. Anyone have any suggestions? I have googled and tried a number of things, but it still is just blank. In task manager, Details, SearchUI.exe is running (though it changes to suspended). File Explorer searches work...
  9. Blank search window

in Cortana
    Blank search window: Clicking the magnifying glass opens the search function but the window is completely blank. Nothing. No error message, no "couldn't find anything" message, no results whatsoever - just a blank box. This error comes after installing some new software. I tried uninstalling but...
  10. Windows Start Menu Search bar blank and inaccessible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start Menu Search bar blank and inaccessible?: A lot of times when I invoke the start menu(by hitting the windows key on the keyboard) and I want to type something to search I find this issue and I need to close the menu and open it again, How can I fix this? windows version 1903, the build 18362.476 [img] 144722

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blank search bar

2. blank with search bar

3. windows search bar blank