Windows 10: Blank wired Connection entry Crashes settings when clicked on.

Discus and support Blank wired Connection entry Crashes settings when clicked on. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In my settings, under Settings>Network and Internet>Ethernet there are two entries under ethernet:1. blank No internet2. Ethernet Not connectedBesides... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HarrisonMa1, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Blank wired Connection entry Crashes settings when clicked on.

In my settings, under Settings>Network and Internet>Ethernet there are two entries under ethernet:1. blank No internet2. Ethernet Not connectedBesides the fact that this list does not reflect the actual list of ethernet adapters I have, when I click on the blank entry Settings crashes without throwing up a Not Responding first nor a crash reporting process that windows usually throws up when something crashes. Whatever it is is connected to my computer, hence the no internet status but I have no way of knowing where and how. I have disabled all my VPN's that use Software intern

:)

HarrisonMa1, Jan 17, 2022

2. How to get to Wired Connection Settings

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

As per the above description I understand that you are trying to access internet via wired connection. We will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that you will have to connect the connect the Ethernet cable directly to your computer port to access the wired internet connection.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to connect the cable directly to your device?
    • Is there an yellow exclamatory mark on the internet connection symbol in System tray (Right bottom corner)?

Method 1: I suggest you to connect the able to your device, right click on the network connection in the system tray, click on
    troubleshoot problems and check with the status of this issue.

If the issue persists,

Method 2: I recommend you to try performing the steps below from the Microsoft help article and check if you are able to connect to the internet.

Fix network connection issues

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 17, 2022
  3. Pawan1709 Win User
    All clicks coming up Blank page

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

• Do you face this issue on any other website also?

Do you receive any error message on the blank page?

Method 1:

I suggest you clear the
    Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.

Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
    and click on Clear.

Method 2:

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.

• Click the Tools
                button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the Connections tab, and then click
                LAN settings.

• Uncheck the box next to “proxy server for your LAN”.

• Click on OK to save the setting and close window.

Now check the issue by opening Edge.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Jan 17, 2022
  4. Pawan1709 Win User

Blank wired Connection entry Crashes settings when clicked on.

Blank page on clicking link on Microsoft Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.

• Click the Tools button, and then click
                Internet Options.

• Click the Connections tab, and then click
                LAN settings.

• Uncheck the box next to “proxy server for your LAN”.

• Click on OK to save the setting and close window.

Now check the issue by opening Edge.
    Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit
      Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

Blank wired Connection entry Crashes settings when clicked on.

1. Blank wired Connection entry Crashes settings when clicked on. - Similar Threads - Blank wired Connection

2. Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.: I have tried opening Privacy Settings directly by using search instead but it doesn't open. If I go to settings first and then click on Privacy, the window just closes. Any suggestions on what I can try to resolve this?...
  3. Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.: I have tried opening Privacy Settings directly by using search instead but it doesn't open. If I go to settings first and then click on Privacy, the window just closes. Any suggestions on what I can try to resolve this?...
  4. Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Blank wired Connection entry Crashes settings when clicked on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank wired Connection entry Crashes settings when clicked on.: In my settings, under Settings>Network and Internet>Ethernet there are two entries under ethernet:1. blank No internet2. Ethernet Not connectedBesides the fact that this list does not reflect the actual list of ethernet adapters I have, when I click on the blank entry...
  6. Blank wired Connection entry Crashes settings when clicked on.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blank wired Connection entry Crashes settings when clicked on.: In my settings, under Settings>Network and Internet>Ethernet there are two entries under ethernet:1. blank No internet2. Ethernet Not connectedBesides the fact that this list does not reflect the actual list of ethernet adapters I have, when I click on the blank entry...
  7. Blank Taskbar Entry

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Taskbar Entry: [img] So, as you can see, near the bottom right, there is a blank taskbar entry. The popup menu does little to clarify (pin to taskbar and close all windows, neither of which does anything as far as I can see). The blank is between the Paint.net icon and the Steam Icon and...
  8. Double entry and clicking

Double entry and clicking: my cat walked across my keyboard and now when I type, each entry is noted with an audible "click" and I am also not able to type double keys , i.e. can not type "letter" without typing "letspace" then backspace to delete the space then finish with"ter". I cannot backspace...
  9. Settings app crashes when clicking on the About option!

Settings app crashes when clicking on the About option!: When I tried to go to this direction, Settings>System>About, the settings app crashes once I click on the "About"' option ![ATTACH]...
  10. Settings crash when clicking on Update & Security

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings crash when clicking on Update & Security: Earlier I went into Settings and clicked on Update & Security, and I found Windows Problem Reporting running in the background. I checked the Reliability Monitor (because for some reason problem reports aren't saving on my computer) and found this: Faulting application name:...