Windows 10: BLE Gatt Service Issues

Discus and support BLE Gatt Service Issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys, We are using the BLE GATT services supplied by the Windows CSWinRT nuget package in a .net 6 WPF application. Two issues have raised their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ben Steele1, Feb 12, 2024.

1. BLE Gatt Service Issues

Hi guys, We are using the BLE GATT services supplied by the Windows CSWinRT nuget package in a .net 6 WPF application. Two issues have raised their heads and I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction. The main issue we have been facing is with the GATT service suddenly stop advertising. We receive no status update via the AdvertisementStatusChanged event handler nor by polling the state constantly.We have worked around the issue by Stopping /Starting the Bluetooth radio which has minimized the occurrence of this issue, as upon the Bluetooth radio coming on, the GATT service retu

:)

Ben Steele1, Feb 12, 2024
  2. jkim_224 Win User

Windows 10 BLE WPF - ValueChanged no longer works in 1809

I have a WPF BLE Central application (not UWP) that used to work in Windows 10, 1803 connected to Nordic NRF52 processor.

The issue is the code below no longer generates event.

aCharacteristic.ValueChanged += char_ValueChanged_Notification;

I am not using any pairing or bonding currently. Below is high level summary of the BLE code.

aBleDevice = await BluetoothLEDevice.FromBluetoothAddressAsync(blueToothAddr);

var gatt = await aBleDevice.GetGattServicesAysnc();

// For each of the service found, get the Characteristics

var charResult await service.GetCharateristicsAsync();

// For each characteristic that I want to be notified, I have code below generated event in 1803, but no longer works in 1809 or in 1903.

aCharacteristic.ValueChanged += char_ValueChanged_Notification;

Any suggestions on how to make it work in 1809 and later? It appears to be related to security issue change(?) that prevents reading / receiving data from the BLE Peripheral?

jkim_224, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Bluetooth keyboard not connecting after latest Windows Update

Hello Monika,

To better assist you, I'd like to know the following:

• What is the exact make and model of your BLE device?
    • Have you tried to un-pair and re-pair your BLE device to your computer?
    • Have you tried performing the steps suggested from the article given by
      Marque Lor
      in this thread?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

BLE Gatt Service Issues

1. BLE Gatt Service Issues - Similar Threads - BLE Gatt Service

2. How does FIDO2 authentication over BLE transport work for browsers that do not support BLE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does FIDO2 authentication over BLE transport work for browsers that do not support BLE.: For example, Firefox uses authenticator-rs as Webauthn library which only supports USB-HID transport.Yet I am able to use a BLE authenticator to login to my Google account in Firefox on a Windows machine.Somehow Windows supports the BLE transport to the Browser I guess, but I...
  3. BLE Gatt Service Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLE Gatt Service Issues: Hi guys, We are using the BLE GATT services supplied by the Windows CSWinRT nuget package in a .net 6 WPF application. Two issues have raised their heads and I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction. The main issue we have been facing is with the GATT service...
  4. BLE Gatt Service Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BLE Gatt Service Issues: Hi guys, We are using the BLE GATT services supplied by the Windows CSWinRT nuget package in a .net 6 WPF application. Two issues have raised their heads and I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction. The main issue we have been facing is with the GATT service...
  5. Nota ble to sign in into my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nota ble to sign in into my desktop: Actually a few days ago I changed some settings related to user and other members to restrict unwanted download in other users account After that I m not able to login into my desktop account , neither it showing any opting to login even it recognises my finger print but only...
  6. Files not visiable or ble to copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files not visiable or ble to copy: I have 2 files that I am attempting to copy from that are visible on the OneDrive Online and in OneDrive on my iMac but are not on my Windows 11 device. I was able to copy these to a flash drives and copy them to a new folder on the Windows 11 desktop but when I attempt to...
  7. Files not visiable or ble to copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files not visiable or ble to copy: I have 2 files that I am attempting to copy from that are visible on the OneDrive Online and in OneDrive on my iMac but are not on my Windows 11 device. I was able to copy these to a flash drives and copy them to a new folder on the Windows 11 desktop but when I attempt to...
  8. BLE LESC fails

BLE LESC fails: Hi! We're developing an app which connects to BLE devices for different purposes. We've successfully enabled MITM, but are having problems enabling the LESC option, which is part of the BT v4.2 as I understand it.When this is enabled, our connection attempts return with the...
  9. BLE Windows 10 desktop app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BLE Windows 10 desktop app: Hi, guys. I use Visual Studio Community for C++/C# development on 64-bit Windows 10 desktops. I mostly use WPF or Qt 5 to create Windows 10 desktop apps. My laptop has Bluetooth LE 5.0 and I have a BLE device that uses the HRS (Heart Rate Service). I wish to create a...
  10. Win10 will not connect to BLE dongle

Win10 will not connect to BLE dongle: Major issues connecting BLED device after a recent WIN10 system upgrade. Can anyone help? Have tried installing driver, upgrading system, using different USB port...nothing works. HELP!...