Windows 10: BLE Pairing with Resolvable Private Address (RPA)

Discus and support BLE Pairing with Resolvable Private Address (RPA) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I made some BLE experiments with some PCs equipped with various bluetooth 4.1 adapter and Windows 10 v.1903 build 18362.418. I noticed that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fmov, Oct 21, 2019.

1. fmov Win User

BLE Pairing with Resolvable Private Address (RPA)

Hello,
    I made some BLE experiments with some PCs equipped with various bluetooth 4.1 adapter and Windows 10 v.1903 build 18362.418.
    I noticed that I am not able to make a bond with a BLE device that uses random Resolvable Private Address (RPA).
    I am able to use correctly the device stil to the next address rotation, then I can't use it anymore.

The device works normally in Ubuntu 18.04: here I noticed that the device sends the IRK key during the bonding process, so my expectations is that Windows or driver is not able to use the IRK to resolve the random address.

Is there a way to resolve the problem?

FM

:)

2. Bluetooth keyboard not connecting after latest Windows Update

Hello Monika,

To better assist you, I'd like to know the following:

• What is the exact make and model of your BLE device?
    • Have you tried to un-pair and re-pair your BLE device to your computer?
    • Have you tried performing the steps suggested from the article given by
      Marque Lor
      in this thread?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 21, 2019
  3. FinnErikJ Win User
    Bluetooth Low Energy - BLE

Hi, I've seen a few questions around BLE. As I've been wanting to be able to use home-automation products with BLE, I recently contacted KEVO (Unikey) about their "interest" in developing an app for their smart lock, I got this reply back:

"With the introduction of the 8.1 OS, Windows phones have the ability to pair with most BLE devices. There are two forms of communication needed to pair. Central Communication (listener) and Peripheral Communication (talker).

Unfortunately the Windows phone only operated centrally, as do the Kevo, so pairing is not an option at this time.

We have had the same problem with Android, up until this month when the finally will be releasing Android L.

We are developeing the Android app now and we really hope that Windows will make the improvements to BLE capabilities as well."

Is above correct and if yes, should we expect WP8.1 to support this?

Regards, Finn

FinnErikJ, Oct 21, 2019
  4. BLE Pairing with Resolvable Private Address (RPA)

BLE Pairing with Android and Windows 10 unsecure pin "000000"

Hi Henrik,

Since your concern is about changing the pin in pairing your Android BLE and your Windows 10 device, we introduce to you the
    MSDN Forums where software developers can assist you better with your concern.

We encourage you to post your query to the MSDN Forums through this
    link.

We're just a post away if you have further concerns.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

BLE Pairing with Resolvable Private Address (RPA)

1. BLE Pairing with Resolvable Private Address (RPA) - Similar Threads - BLE Pairing Resolvable

2. Not able to pair more than one BLE device in windows at same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to pair more than one BLE device in windows at same time: I try pair one ble device , it is not problem.When i try pair second ble device ,gives a Windows error "Try connecting your device again".It is possible to pair the second device if the first is removed, but never two at the same time.The issue with the second device happens...
  3. Not able to pair more than one BLE device in windows at same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to pair more than one BLE device in windows at same time: I try pair one ble device , it is not problem.When i try pair second ble device ,gives a Windows error "Try connecting your device again".It is possible to pair the second device if the first is removed, but never two at the same time.The issue with the second device happens...
  4. Not able to pair more than one BLE device in windows at same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DEACTIVATE PRIVATE MAC ADDRESS TO CONNECT TO HOTSPOT?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DEACTIVATE PRIVATE MAC ADDRESS TO CONNECT TO HOTSPOT?: Hello! I cannot connect to a hotspot after buying a hotspot ticket from a popular provider. At the beginning it works, but then my Windows 10 won't connect automatically, and I always have to call the phone support of the provider company to enable connection again. I've been...
  6. DEACTIVATE PRIVATE MAC ADDRESS TO CONNECT TO HOTSPOT?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DEACTIVATE PRIVATE MAC ADDRESS TO CONNECT TO HOTSPOT?: Hello! I cannot connect to a hotspot after buying a hotspot ticket from a popular provider. At the beginning it works, but then my Windows 10 won't connect automatically, and I always have to call the phone support of the provider company to enable connection again. I've been...
  7. Email addresses being retained in private browsing

in Browsers and Email
    Email addresses being retained in private browsing: Using Firefox private browsing. Went into a website yesterday for the first time. When I clicked into the 'Sign In' box, there was a dropdown list of several email addresses that have been used on this laptop at different times, but never with this site. These were hotmail...
  8. BLE LESC fails

BLE LESC fails: Hi! We're developing an app which connects to BLE devices for different purposes. We've successfully enabled MITM, but are having problems enabling the LESC option, which is part of the BT v4.2 as I understand it.When this is enabled, our connection attempts return with the...
  9. the server name or address could not be resolved 0x80072ee7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the server name or address could not be resolved 0x80072ee7: Hi yesterday I uninstalled an Avast antivirus on my computer and installed a new one Bitdefender. Unfortunately something went wrong because now I receive a message that windows will shut down in one minute and there is nothing I can do on my computer unless I turn off the...
  10. How to Resolve Bluetooth Pairing/Connection Failure

How to Resolve Bluetooth Pairing/Connection Failure: Anyone knows how to get my HP Roar Bluetooth speaker to pair with my DELL Inspiron Series 5559 laptop (Windows 10, 64-bit)? I keep getting connection failure messages. I had no problem pairing the speaker with my iPhone 6 Plus. Both units (HP speaker and DELL laptop) are only...