Windows 10: Blender saved 3,500 frames to my desktop. Now I can't open explorer or see my desktop....

Discus and support Blender saved 3,500 frames to my desktop. Now I can't open explorer or see my desktop.... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My work asked me to edit a video for them. I only have a moderate knowledge of video editing. I successfully rendered an ok video, but when I went back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ryan B123, May 4, 2020.

1. Ryan B123 Win User

Blender saved 3,500 frames to my desktop. Now I can't open explorer or see my desktop....

My work asked me to edit a video for them. I only have a moderate knowledge of video editing. I successfully rendered an ok video, but when I went back to make some changes a few days later, the new render saved each individual frame of the video to my desktop instead of a video file.

Now all the files have disappeared from my desktop, no icons of any kind are shown, and windows explorer will not open.

I have task manager open and windows explorer is taking up 5% of my CPU and 55.2 mb of memory. It's power usage is "very high".

Should I just let this run until it has processed all the files? It has been like this for about a half hour with no dip in memory or cpu usage.

I have windows 10

cpu: ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 16 gb

I was using Blender to edit video

If any other info would be useful, I'm happy to add it.

:)

Ryan B123, May 4, 2020

2. Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 4, 2020
  3. JohnFyffe Win User
    Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, May 4, 2020
  4. Blender saved 3,500 frames to my desktop. Now I can't open explorer or see my desktop....

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Doesn't work red circle appears will not allow it

ChrisBruse, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Blender saved 3,500 frames to my desktop. Now I can't open explorer or see my desktop....

1. Blender saved 3,500 frames to my desktop. Now I can't open explorer or see my desktop.... - Similar Threads - Blender saved 500

2. Can't save to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't save to desktop: I have an HP Pavillion Notebook and am running Windows 10. Recently I think since my last windows update but I'm not 100% sure I've been unable to save anything to my desktop. I can't save new files there, or make changes to any I have previously put on my desktop. The error...
  3. Can't save to desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't save to desktop: I have an HP Pavillion Notebook and am running Windows 10. Recently I think since my last windows update but I'm not 100% sure I've been unable to save anything to my desktop. I can't save new files there, or make changes to any I have previously put on my desktop. The error...
  4. Can't save to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I do not see saved items on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not see saved items on my desktop: Hi all, A few days ago, I put my laptop back to the factory settings, and since then, I have a weird issue. For example: when I want to save a Word file or anything else! on my computer I select to save it on my desktop. However, it never appears on my actual desktop. When...
  6. I can't see my desktop apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't see my desktop apps: I can't show my start up desktop apps. what's going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-my-desktop-apps/3600227f-08c0-4e21-b495-7d4c58752e0a
  7. I cannot see my desktop stuff on my desktop

I cannot see my desktop stuff on my desktop: I have a desktop folder full of files and such, but I did something by accident and now the items that are in my desktop folder don't show on my desktop screen. Can you help? Thanks...
  8. Can't Save to Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Save to Desktop: Windows 10 Professional: I am suddenly experiencing a problem I have never seen before. With two important programmes - Texpad and Junior Icon Editor - I am unable to save my work to the Desktop or into a folder on the Desktop. When hitting the 'Save as' button I get the...
  9. save in my desktop background

save in my desktop background: I don't know how to save a desktop picture instead of a solid colour https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/save-in-my-desktop-background/19f295ea-99bd-48d3-91ff-f30e2a454897
  10. How to remove a "frame" on my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove a "frame" on my desktop: Recently I have seen that my laptop desktop seems to have a "frame" on it. I have marked the frame on the attached screenshot. I can't seem to get rid of it. Any ideas (1) how it happened, and (2) how to get rid of it permanently? It has no effect (except for my...