Windows 10: Bleutooth Adapter shows as "dongle" in settings

Discus and support Bleutooth Adapter shows as "dongle" in settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I recently bought myself a bluetooth adapter and plugged in into my computer. However, when I installed a driver, de adapter shows as dongle in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Floris Verschuren, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Bleutooth Adapter shows as "dongle" in settings

Hello,I recently bought myself a bluetooth adapter and plugged in into my computer. However, when I installed a driver, de adapter shows as dongle in my settings. I researched the problem on the internet and I think I need another driver. I'm using the model Baseus Wireless Adapter BA04I hope you can help me.

:)

Floris Verschuren, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Dongle is working properly but showing no internet

Hi Monica,

Just to clarify, are you using a WiFi dongle to connect to the internet instead of the built in WiFi adapter of your device? Or are you using a desktop PC and is the WiFi dongle to connect to the internet? For now, what we can suggest is to follow all of
    the recommended troubleshooting steps on this article to resolve the issue. Be sure to click
    Show all to see all of the instructions. Please follow all of the recommended so we could troubleshoot further.

If the issue would still persist after doing all of the steps, please answer these questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any updates/changes to your device prior to the issue happening?

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Aug 5, 2022
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Bleutooth Adapter shows as "dongle" in settings [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Aug 5, 2022
  4. Berton Win User

Bleutooth Adapter shows as "dongle" in settings

Bluetooth Dongles and Adapters

"Dongle" is a common term for anything that plugs into a port on a computer and can refer to USB to Ethernet adapter, USB to Bluetooth, wireless mouse, wireless keyboard, etc. Basically, Bluetooth is a short range wireless versus the 802.11a/b/g/n/ac flavors of Networking. Looking on the Internet shows the CSR4 as a Bluetooth 4 adapter, might check if the newer Bluetooth 5 may be necessary.
    CSR4 at DuckDuckGo

Berton, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

Bleutooth Adapter shows as "dongle" in settings

1. Bleutooth Adapter shows as "dongle" in settings - Similar Threads - Bleutooth Adapter shows

2. Bleutooth and flight mode disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bleutooth and flight mode disappeared: i update my windows 10 to windows 11 bleutooth was working just fine after i update my windows bleutooth was still working after a week, suddenly bleutooth and fligh mode disappeared. i tried to update my bleutooth driver and reinstall it and download it again but now i can`t...
  3. Bleutooth and flight mode disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bleutooth and flight mode disappeared: i update my windows 10 to windows 11 bleutooth was working just fine after i update my windows bleutooth was still working after a week, suddenly bleutooth and fligh mode disappeared. i tried to update my bleutooth driver and reinstall it and download it again but now i can`t...
  4. WiFi dongle/adapter breaks Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi dongle/adapter breaks Windows?: Hello, I have a question.Yesterday I just completed my new Windows PC build and it has no built-in WiFi on the motherboard. So i use a WiFi adapter in order to connect to my house WiFi.However, something weird happened. At first, nothing is wrong. I played some online games...
  5. WiFi dongle/adapter breaks Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi dongle/adapter breaks Windows?: Hello, I have a question.Yesterday I just completed my new Windows PC build and it has no built-in WiFi on the motherboard. So i use a WiFi adapter in order to connect to my house WiFi.However, something weird happened. At first, nothing is wrong. I played some online games...
  6. Bleutooth Adapter shows as "dongle" in settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bleutooth Adapter shows as "dongle" in settings: Hello,I recently bought myself a bluetooth adapter and plugged in into my computer. However, when I installed a driver, de adapter shows as dongle in my settings. I researched the problem on the internet and I think I need another driver. I'm using the model Baseus Wireless...
  7. Bleutooth Adapter shows as "dongle" in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bleutooth Adapter shows as "dongle" in settings: Hello,I recently bought myself a bluetooth adapter and plugged in into my computer. However, when I installed a driver, de adapter shows as dongle in my settings. I researched the problem on the internet and I think I need another driver. I'm using the model Baseus Wireless...
  8. Insignia Bluetooth Adapter driver dongle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Insignia Bluetooth Adapter driver dongle: can't find driver for this device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insignia-bluetooth-adapter-driver-dongle/faad05e2-fda7-425d-8c32-b782d45e3661
  9. Trying to replace Bluetooth adapter with dongle.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to replace Bluetooth adapter with dongle.: Hello, I'm having trouble maintaining a connection with the default adapter and decided to buy a dongle on amazon. I have installed the proper drivers and disabled the previous device. unfortunately, when I go to connect to Bluetooth, I'm receiving a message that Bluetooth...
  10. Bluetooth Dongles and Adapters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth Dongles and Adapters: For my TV I have just replaced an older / failing Soundbar with a new one, which has Bluetooth option. Although I have a smart TV it does not have BT but I understand it is easy to add it. I would like to know what the difference is between using a simple dongle, and a BT...