Windows 10: Blind BIOS

Discus and support Blind BIOS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A brand new Gigabyte laptop (P57W) that cannot display the optical or USB drives making it impossible to restore from disaster. The BIOS is blind and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepegotme, Apr 15, 2016.

1. pepegotme Win User

Blind BIOS

A brand new Gigabyte laptop (P57W) that cannot display the optical or USB drives making it impossible to restore from disaster. The BIOS is blind and no way to fix it. How can they sell such crap? I just installed a Toshiba $400 dollar laptop, for a friend, and it had no problems with the BIOS running Windows 10. It can do what a machine costing over $1700 cannot. Amazing, don't buy this crap. UEFI, SSD, Gigabyte no good. I will return it before it's
    too late.

:)

pepegotme, Apr 15, 2016
  2. Tom Kunzo Win User

The Blind Leading The Blind

This so-called Microsoft Community is one way for Microsoft to shed its responsibility of solving the myriad problems generated by the operating systems that it sold.

They expect users of the O/S to solve the problems of other users and it's all a case of the Blind Leading The Blind!

Why can't it be a case of users posting to a website which are manned by Microsoft staff who will then acknowledge receipt of the case file, issue a case number and keep their customers posted of the progress of their cases?

For far too long users of Microsoft products have been very complacent with this company and allow them to twist them around their little fingers.

That's how it got to such an explosive level of dissatisfaction with regard to Windows 8 that they have to appease their over aggravated customers by giving them Windows 10 FOC!!!

Now, it seems the same hair-brained problems are also woven into their Windows 10.

I suggest that users, especially those in the USA, instead of being naive and complacent, must take up the cudgels and take issue with the top honchos of this ineffectual company because more and more, it is being run by nincompoops!!!

Tom Kunzo, Apr 15, 2016
  3. Windows white screen on startup

Thanks for the reply. However, there is a problem with booting the PC from a bootable install media. In order to configure my computer to boot from an external device, I need to access BIOS and in order to access BIOS I need to press F1 while the splash
    screen with the manufacturer's logo is displayed.

As I've stated in my question, no such screen is ever displayed. As soon as the computer is turned on, the screen turns white and stays white and completely
    unresponsive.

I attempted to enter BIOS blind by just pressing the BIOS button at startup anyway, but the screen remains white and unresponsive, no matter what.

Is there anything else that can be done?

Sareth Yggdrasill, Apr 15, 2016
  4. Blind BIOS

I have several Toshiba Laptops and have not had one problem with them running Windows 10
    All cost under £250 so am well pleased use all of them 24/7

hTconeM9user, Apr 16, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Good decision.
    No point to mess with the "fixes" which might further damage the system and lose your warranty.

Take it back for a refund or a new replacement.

davidhk, Apr 16, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    Definitely take it back. There is something wrong with it. Let Gigabyte refurb it and sell it to someone else. *Smile

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Blind BIOS

1. Blind BIOS - Similar Threads - Blind BIOS

2. Windows 11: text on popup and apps is too tiny to read. Going blind!! I will have to buy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: text on popup and apps is too tiny to read. Going blind!! I will have to buy...: Text is too small to read on popup and dropdown menu and apps. I cannot continue using my PC if I can't fix it. I believe this all happened when I updated to Windows 11....
  3. Windows 11: text on popup and apps is too tiny to read. Going blind!! I will have to buy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: text on popup and apps is too tiny to read. Going blind!! I will have to buy...: Text is too small to read on popup and dropdown menu and apps. I cannot continue using my PC if I can't fix it. I believe this all happened when I updated to Windows 11....
  4. Teaching windows 11 for blind person

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teaching windows 11 for blind person: Hi,I have a blind friend who wants to work on computer. How can I start teaching her windows? Are there any helping tools for Arabic blind people in windows. Guid me please.Thanks,Abdulaziz...
  5. Teaching windows 11 for blind person

Teaching windows 11 for blind person: Hi,I have a blind friend who wants to work on computer. How can I start teaching her windows? Are there any helping tools for Arabic blind people in windows. Guid me please.Thanks,Abdulaziz...
  6. why do windows 11 give a blinding flash when changing pages or logging on on websites?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do windows 11 give a blinding flash when changing pages or logging on on websites?: It's intolerable now, and it's causing headaches and vision problems now !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-windows-11-give-a-blinding-flash-when/ea758852-2c07-40ec-b226-0e077bbd6414
  7. why do windows 11 give a blinding flash when changing pages or logging on on websites?

why do windows 11 give a blinding flash when changing pages or logging on on websites?: It's intolerable now, and it's causing headaches and vision problems now !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-windows-11-give-a-blinding-flash-when/ea758852-2c07-40ec-b226-0e077bbd6414
  8. Windows assistanvce for blind users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows assistanvce for blind users: I am a Windows 10 user and have suffered an abrupt deterioration in my eyesight, leaving me nearly blind. I am completely unable to read any text on my monitor at its normal font size. To type this request I have set the text editor to 48 point font size. Is there a way for...
  9. Windows assistanvce for blind users

Windows assistanvce for blind users: I am a Windows 10 user and have suffered an abrupt deterioration in my eyesight, leaving me nearly blind. I am completely unable to read any text on my monitor at its normal font size. To type this request I have set the text editor to 48 point font size. Is there a way for...
  10. I am a blind person. Why has Microsoft messed up all the shortcuts? I want to create a New...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am a blind person. Why has Microsoft messed up all the shortcuts? I want to create a New...: Windows 11 has messed up SO many of my shortcuts. What do I do? I am a blind person. How do I relearn everything?E.g. CTRL+SHIFT+N should make a new folder. Now it just starts MS Edge! I asked a sighted person to remove EDGE as I already use CHROME but Microsoft has no option...