Windows 10: Blinking Boxes & Alarm Sound On Desktop

Discus and support Blinking Boxes & Alarm Sound On Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hope I can explain this that it makes sense. I was away from my PC for about 30 minutes & heard an alarm sound coming from it. There was a white box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MamaWolf, Dec 31, 2018.

1. MamaWolf Win User

Blinking Boxes & Alarm Sound On Desktop

I hope I can explain this that it makes sense. I was away from my PC for about 30 minutes & heard an alarm sound coming from it. There was a white box outlining the start menu icon that blinked off & then surrounded the arrow on the right for hidden icons. The white box blinked on & off rapidly (first on the start icon & then on the arrow). At the same time, there was a rapid alarm beeping. If I right clicked the desktop, it stopped. As soon as I tried to left click on anything it started again. I was not able to open the start menu to shut down & ended up doing a forced shutdown. It has not happened since I rebooted.

Two days ago I had a different problem with the cursor opening things & working on its own. I ended up correcting that issue by disabling the touchscreen in Device Manage. My thought is that somehow the two are related. Can someone enlighten me as to why this is happening & how to stop it? I am including a screenshot I took with my phone.

Many Thanks,

Blinking Boxes & Alarm Sound On Desktop [​IMG]

:)

MamaWolf, Dec 31, 2018
  2. ensecozz Win User

Alarm not sounding

Having the issue too!!!

HTC Mozart T8698 (OS: 7.0.7392.0)

• [unplugged] - let's wp7 alarm for 3-4 times. then the sound is gone, only the vibration is left working. I need to soft reset to fix the problem.
    • [plugged] - seem to have no problem. the Alarm sound is increasing to maximum as it goes
    • I also noticed the sound is lacking sometime. Some part of the alarm sound is missing during the alarming. It is like the alarming eating up the resource upto 100% and cannot play the alarm sound smoothly. - -" What is wrong with the alarming???
    To Microsoft,

This is just a basic function of Mobile Phone. Please fix it immediately. Don't make customer to wait until Mango update to fix it. Very bad experience for users.

ensecozz, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Blinking Boxes & Alarm Sound On Desktop

Alarm doesn't make sound in Windows 10

Hi Nasseb,

Welcome to Microsoft community forums. Let me assist you with your concern.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Are you referring to Alarms app?

• Are you able to hear sounds from other apps like Music and video?
    First check AM and PM example see if you have set 6 PM (evening) instead of 6 AM (Morning). To fix this problem, use the following methods in the order in which they are listed. After each method, check if problem is fixed. If the problem is not fixed,
    try the next method.

Method 1: I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps suggested in this Microsoft article and check if it helps:

First, try running the Apps troubleshooter. This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems
    with apps and the Store.

If running the troubleshooter doesn't help, follow suggestion from this article to fix the app yourself.

If issue persist, proceed to next method.

Method 2:

Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.

• Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".

• Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".

• Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.
    Troubleshoot problems with an app (Applies to Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Refer this article for more information regarding Alarm app.

Alarms app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/alarms-app-faq?ocid=w8_apps_alarms

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Blinking Boxes & Alarm Sound On Desktop

1. Blinking Boxes & Alarm Sound On Desktop - Similar Threads - Blinking Boxes Alarm

2. Alarms & Clock No sound!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alarms & Clock No sound!: I set an alarm using the clock tool but when I tested the alarm, there was no sound. How can I fix this? Windows 11 Home Edition and my pc is an HP laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarms-clock-no-sound/c6cb8955-16a2-4bb2-89df-2305ffbb96f6
  3. Alarms & Clock No sound!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alarms & Clock No sound!: I set an alarm using the clock tool but when I tested the alarm, there was no sound. How can I fix this? Windows 11 Home Edition and my pc is an HP laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarms-clock-no-sound/c6cb8955-16a2-4bb2-89df-2305ffbb96f6
  4. Alarm Sounds

Alarm Sounds: I would like to change one of the alarm sounds in the Alarms and Clock app to a personal .flac sound file. How do I perform this task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarm-sounds/e8132de6-fc41-4d63-a38a-7034ebb3b59d
  5. Alarms & Clock No sound!

Alarms & Clock No sound!: Hello everyone, it 's been almost a month since I used it! But now that I want to set the alarm, there is no sound! Everything works! But it does not have only sound! In the meantime, I checked all the problems of Windows sound, no device, program, driver, music player, etc.,...
  6. The sounds in the Alarm app are beautiful.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The sounds in the Alarm app are beautiful.: For those who don't use it, the Alarm app in Windows 10 has some really awesome alert sounds. I've repurposed some of them for notifications and the like. You probably want to use an app like Audacity to trim ones that are longer, but in my opinion it's worth it. Gives a...
  7. Alarm App sounds?

Alarm App sounds?: 1) How do I sample alarm sounds in Alarm App? (Win 10) 2) Various Searches via Settings prompted .... Nada!?! 3) Search via Contana prompted "Huh? Whaaa? How about Spotify? What should I use to Open this?" ARRRGH!! 4) Silly question, I know: Any way to provide my own...
  8. Alarm Clock Muting Sounds?

Alarm Clock Muting Sounds?: I'm not sure if this is actually the case but I have 2 alarm clocks that I use in my computer at the same time due to me having trouble waking up and the default Windows alarm clock is set to go off first then the other which an online alarm goes off after an hour. For some...
  9. Desktop Alarms are Late

Desktop Alarms are Late: I set an alarm on my Windows 10 computer desktop today using the Alarms & Clock app. I set it for 4:30; it popped up at 4:35. Sometimes they don't pop up at all. I'm using my computer at the time that they're supposed to go off, so it's not an issue of the computer being...
  10. A different sound for the Alarms app

A different sound for the Alarms app: I there a way to add a .wav file to the choice of alarm sounds. I can hardly hear the ones available because they are too short. I have some songs as well as ringers that I can hear across the room. Another question is since the W-10 update I have been bugged by scrolling....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. flashing alarm app windows 10

2. flashing desktop alarm