Windows 10: Blinking caps lock

Discus and support Blinking caps lock in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Omen Windows 10 gaming laptop and for some reason randomly when I try to turn it on I get no display and a blinking caps lock. The keys flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeltaDagger08, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Blinking caps lock

I have a Omen Windows 10 gaming laptop and for some reason randomly when I try to turn it on I get no display and a blinking caps lock. The keys flash red for like a second and then they go dark. Some help would be great!

:)

DeltaDagger08, Jan 14, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

CAPS LOCK sound warning not working

Hi, here are some ideas: see if one works for you. Keep a list of what you try. If no success, please post back listing what you've tried. Thanks.

Tutorial (from -- the Tutorials section):
    Turn On or Off Narrator Caps Lock Warnings while Typing in Windows 10

Caps Lock Has Lost Its Beep.
    (last post)

Blinking caps lock [​IMG]

This is likely to be one of those where, as I don't know what you've already tried, I'll have spent time suggesting what you have tried.

That's why I asked for a clear list of what you have tried.

Do you see this when you toggle caps lock?

Blinking caps lock [​IMG]

dalchina, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Caps Lock Icon

Hi Graeme,

The Caps Lock On indicator may have been disabled that's why it doesn't appear on your screen when Caps Lock is on. To have it enabled, follow these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop and click Display Settings.
    • Click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Display adapter properties.
    • Click the Screen configurations tab and check the box for
      Enable on-screen display
    • Under Indicator settings for NumLock and CapsLock, look for While the numeric lock or the caps lock is ON section and choose either
      Show the indicator for a few seconds or Always show the indicator on the screen.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Blinking caps lock

Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Blinking caps lock

1. Blinking caps lock - Similar Threads - Blinking caps lock

2. caps lock blinking screen doesnt wake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    caps lock blinking screen doesnt wake: Hey guys actually I am experiencing a very irritating issue with my hp 15s . When I turn it on the system gets turned on but the caps lock starts blinking and the display doesn't wake. it happens every 2-3 boots I have changed the ram as told by the technician but the problem...
  3. caps lock blinking screen doesnt wake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    caps lock blinking screen doesnt wake: Hey guys actually I am experiencing a very irritating issue with my hp 15s . When I turn it on the system gets turned on but the caps lock starts blinking and the display doesn't wake. it happens every 2-3 boots I have changed the ram as told by the technician but the problem...
  4. Blinking caps lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blinking caps lock: I have a Omen Windows 10 gaming laptop and for some reason randomly when I try to turn it on I get no display and a blinking caps lock. The keys flash red for like a second and then they go dark. Some help would be great!...
  5. Blinking caps lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blinking caps lock: I have a Omen Windows 10 gaming laptop and for some reason randomly when I try to turn it on I get no display and a blinking caps lock. The keys flash red for like a second and then they go dark. Some help would be great!...
  6. Help. Caps-lock indicator not latching but blinking instead.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. Caps-lock indicator not latching but blinking instead.: I am using an on-board keyboard of a Lenovo 330s laptop with Windows 10 Operating System. The keyboard works fine except that when I press on the Caps-lock key to turn ON or OFF; instead of the indicator latching ON or OFF respectively, it only blinks once. So I am...
  7. .Cap lock on

.Cap lock on: After update Cap button doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cap-lock-on/d4d4cd06-71e0-4f34-b031-ef3c9053b168
  8. Caps lock

Caps lock: Hi! My problem is that when i turn my caps lock on some letters are big some aren't , like this: HeLLO! I WaNT tO tALK AbOUT SoMeTHIng. i don't know why is like that and i don't know how to fix it....
  9. CAPS LOCK

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAPS LOCK: CAPSLOCK STUCK ON EVEN WHEN KEY SAYS IT IS DISABLED WHEN IN WORD DOCUMENT Able to use normal small case otherwise so not my key board. Any ideas? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock/243a3c52-5759-4e85-ae6a-086683d94bec
  10. Caps lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps lock: My new keyboard does not have an LED to indicate caps lock and nothing on the screen shows the status. How can I get a notification on the screen to show caps lock status? I don't have sound turned on because I don't want to disturb my disabled wife....