Windows 10: Blinking cursor during start-up.

Discus and support Blinking cursor during start-up. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did an clean install of Windows 10 Pro recently, version 1909. One of the things that I noticed after the install, when doing a restart, I see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Blackink, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Blackink Win User

Blinking cursor during start-up.

I did an clean install of Windows 10 Pro recently, version 1909. One of the things that I noticed after the install, when doing a restart, I see the blinking cursor in the upper left of the screen for a few seconds, then it drops down a couple of inches and blinks some more, then it moves down and to the right of the screen (down maybe an inch and to the right 3 inches).
    It goes through this process about 3 times before I get to the blue Windows 10 logo.

The clean installation went smoothly with no quirks or problems at all (I was quite surprised about this but happy too!)

So even after all of the Windows upgrades and any software installs I have done, it still does it.

Is this normal?
    If not, what should I look for?

Thanks for any suggestions,
    Steve in central Vermont

:)

Blackink, Jan 6, 2020

2. Fast blinking cursor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that the cursor blinking constantly on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if the Cursor blink rate is set to Fast.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it sets the Cursor blink rate to normal. Here's how:

1. Open Control Panel by right click on
    Start
    Button.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to
    Large icons.

3. Click on Keyboard, Keyboard Properties window opens, set the
    Cursor blink rate as you wish.

4. Click on Apply and OK, check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Yseurk Win User
    Cursor stops blinking

Hello,

By the way it seems that there is a rate of blink about applications, you can check some of them over here :

Notepad Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.
    Windows Explorer Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.
    Total Commander Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.
    Microsoft Office 2016 Cursor stops blinking after 30-32 blinks.
    Microsoft Edge, inside Google search box Cursor stops blinking after 10-11 blinks.
    Microsoft Edge, inside URL bar Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.
    Firefox (in URL bar, also inside web pages) The cursor did not stop after 50 blinks. Seems to work OK.

Just tried on my new computer (Windows 10) and it's the same of Worpad, maybe it's just normal *Smile

Yseurk, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

Blinking Cursor line before Windows starts

Right click (on both) the Disk #(example Disk 0) open properties, volumes tab:

Blinking cursor during start-up. [​IMG]

and it will show you your partitioning type:

Both disks should be the same type.
    ***notice the disk numbers in both shots***

Cliff S, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Blinking cursor during start-up. - Similar Threads - Blinking cursor during

2. Blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blinking cursor: I have Win 10 operating system. Recently the cursor has blinked constantly. I have also gotten a message that my operating system is nearing the end of its life. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-cursor/1ad4f7f8-bdde-4626-84d2-01e1e5aed3cb
  3. Desktop blinking on start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop blinking on start up: Started happening randomly since the last Windows 10 update. But sometimes when I turn on my computer, it loads my desktop with my customized background and taskbar colors. Then starts flashing about half a second black over and over. After about 30ish seconds, the image...
  4. Cursor blinks

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor blinks: Cursor blinks about 3 times then stops with Notepad2 and Textpad. Excel and Word ok. Don Cole 123457
  5. Cursor constantly blinking / circle next to cursor constantly blinking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor constantly blinking / circle next to cursor constantly blinking: Hi In past weeks, perhaps after an update, there's a blue circle which is nearly constantly blinking except when the cursor is placed over a link. This incredibly distracting activity I think is meant to show the processor is working. I can't find where or how to stop it....
  6. blinking cursor

blinking cursor: I have 2 cursors. The one on the task bar is in a translucent circle and is blinking. The real one is blinking also and is hard to control. How do I fix this. I have an HP Pavilon Notebook and Windows 10. Thank you in advance....
  7. cursor blinking

cursor blinking: hey there , i'm facing problems with my pc when playing games , the screen just turns black while the cursor wil be blinking ! i updated my graphic drivers but the issue is stil there...how do i solve it...
  8. Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...
  9. Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...
  10. Blinking Cursor line before Windows starts

in Windows 10 Support
    Blinking Cursor line before Windows starts: Hey guys, I installed an extra HDD, but after that every time I boot up I have this black screen with blinking cursor line for ages before Windows start. I actually counted how many times it blinks lol.....178 times. I checked in the bios settings to see if it is set to...