Windows 10: Blinking cursor

Discus and support Blinking cursor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Win 10 operating system. Recently the cursor has blinked constantly. I have also gotten a message that my operating system is nearing the end of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeterRoets, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Blinking cursor

I have Win 10 operating system. Recently the cursor has blinked constantly. I have also gotten a message that my operating system is nearing the end of its life.

:)

PeterRoets, Apr 20, 2021

2. Fast blinking cursor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that the cursor blinking constantly on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if the Cursor blink rate is set to Fast.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it sets the Cursor blink rate to normal. Here's how:

1. Open Control Panel by right click on
    Start
    Button.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to
    Large icons.

3. Click on Keyboard, Keyboard Properties window opens, set the
    Cursor blink rate as you wish.

4. Click on Apply and OK, check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Yseurk Win User
    Cursor stops blinking

Hello,

By the way it seems that there is a rate of blink about applications, you can check some of them over here :

Notepad Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.
    Windows Explorer Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.
    Total Commander Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.
    Microsoft Office 2016 Cursor stops blinking after 30-32 blinks.
    Microsoft Edge, inside Google search box Cursor stops blinking after 10-11 blinks.
    Microsoft Edge, inside URL bar Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.
    Firefox (in URL bar, also inside web pages) The cursor did not stop after 50 blinks. Seems to work OK.

Just tried on my new computer (Windows 10) and it's the same of Worpad, maybe it's just normal *Smile

Yseurk, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Blinking cursor

Cursor blinking and strange behaviour

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Before Proceeding Further, I would need some more information from you.

• Did you try connecting another mouse and check if this issue happens with it?
    • What are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?
    I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue:

Method 1: Run the Hardware Troubleshooter

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “Q” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Now, check if you still face this issue with the mouse cursor. If the issue persists, then try the next method.

Method 2: Check the Cursor Blink Rate and adjust it if needed

• Press “Windows Logo” + “Q” keys on the keyboard to display the “Settings” search bar.
    • Type “Blink Rate” in that search box and press “Enter”.
    • On the “Keyboard Properties” window, reduce the
      Cursor blink rate
      by moving the slider to its left.
    • Click on “Apply” and then “Ok”.
    In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Blinking cursor

1. Blinking cursor - Similar Threads - Blinking cursor

2. PC blinking cursor error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC blinking cursor error: PC broke. Blinking cursor gone away when i put in usb with media tool, however screen just goes blank blue no writing or anything and turns off. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-blinking-cursor-error/881e361c-343f-4c5b-98af-e42dc325e750
  3. PC blinking cursor error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC blinking cursor error: PC broke. Blinking cursor gone away when i put in usb with media tool, however screen just goes blank blue no writing or anything and turns off. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-blinking-cursor-error/881e361c-343f-4c5b-98af-e42dc325e750
  4. PC blinking cursor error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cursor blinks twice when I click on a file or folder. When I double-click a file or folder,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cursor blinks twice when I click on a file or folder. When I double-click a file or folder,...: Windows 10 up to date... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-blinks-twice-when-i-click-on-a-file-or/5425c9cf-ca26-4a42-a83d-0cff2dab9eb7
  6. Cursor blinks twice when I click on a file or folder. When I double-click a file or folder,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor blinks twice when I click on a file or folder. When I double-click a file or folder,...: Windows 10 up to date... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-blinks-twice-when-i-click-on-a-file-or/5425c9cf-ca26-4a42-a83d-0cff2dab9eb7
  7. Cursor blinks twice when I click on a file or folder. When I double-click a file or folder,...

8. The circle loading icon next to the cursor keeps blinking.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The circle loading icon next to the cursor keeps blinking.: So I recently did a huge move of almost everything from my C:Drive to my D:Drive to clear up space and speed up my computer. However, it is resulted in it being finicky. Currently what I'm looking at is the cursor having the blue circle icon for whenever something is loading...
  9. The circle loading icon next to the cursor keeps blinking.

The circle loading icon next to the cursor keeps blinking.: So I recently did a huge move of almost everything from my C:Drive to my D:Drive to clear up space and speed up my computer. However, it is resulted in it being finicky. Currently what I'm looking at is the cursor having the blue circle icon for whenever something is loading...
  10. The circle loading icon next to the cursor keeps blinking.

in Windows 10 Customization