Windows 10: blinking screen at startup

Discus and support blinking screen at startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; at startup, desktop computer won't start up. The taskbar and icons blink with a black screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JodiJokerst, Mar 12, 2020.

1. blinking screen at startup

at startup, desktop computer won't start up. The taskbar and icons blink with a black screen

:)

JodiJokerst, Mar 12, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Blinking Screen

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Blinking screen issue is usually caused due to Video card drivers.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 12, 2020
  4. blinking screen at startup

Windows 10 Blinking Screen From Startup (NOT THE NORMAL ISSUE)

Hi James,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with blinking/ flickering screen while booting the system to desktop. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the screen flashes?

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted display drivers, try the below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below article by Andre Da Costa and check if you are able to access after log-in.

How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

Refer to the section: Blinking or Flashing desktop after log in

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status with flickering screen for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

blinking screen at startup

1. blinking screen at startup - Similar Threads - blinking screen startup

2. Blinking screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blinking screen: How do I repair a blinking screen on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-screen/6d4bb653-e58d-458d-ba69-e3b083a6204c
  3. Blinking screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blinking screen: How do I repair a blinking screen on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-screen/6d4bb653-e58d-458d-ba69-e3b083a6204c
  4. Screen Blinks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Blinks: Hello, Expert! I recently downloaded an update of Windows OS 10 on 15.12.2020. Next day during a presentation, I tried splitting my Screen and as a result of which the screen turned Grey however my WebCam was still on. For the past 3 or 4 days, I am observing that while...
  5. Startup Problem blinking & beeping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup Problem blinking & beeping: Having a problem with a new monitor so yesterday I connected my new PC to a different monitor and confirmed it was working as expected. This morning I connected the new PC to the new monitor and the PC started beeping and the power light was blinking red. What can I do about...
  6. Screen Blinking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Blinking: Hello, I am recently facing a problem with windows 10 pen settings. First I noticed when I took a screenshot and like drew a line my screen blinked and after a few days I saw this problem in One note and handwriting panel even. When I write with the pen using a mouse or...
  7. Startup screen is keep blinking

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Startup screen is keep blinking: Hi, Once I start my laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition, my screen keeps blinking without showing me the login option. When I first bought the laptop I never had this problem, it started with one of the windows updates. My Windows Configuration: Processor: Intel Inside...
  8. Screen blink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen blink: I have a HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF running windows 10 pro 64 bit system. I'm using a LG 43 inch 4K ty as a monitor. My monitor screen will instantaneously go off and come right back on in the blink of an eye. Everything running doesn't miss a beat, just that blink. It happens...
  9. blinking screen

in Windows 10 Support
    blinking screen: Hey ya'll I had a problem with my pc (windows 10) It had an error 655335, I tried to restart it in safe mode but when I selected f5 and pressed entered the screen started blinking white and blue alternatly and it has been doing that ever since. Plzzzzz help I confused *Sad...
  10. Windows 10 startup screen blinking

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 startup screen blinking: Good morning, Upon starting my laptop this morning, I encountered my startup screen flashing with a round dot loading symbol continuously circling. The screen continued to flash and never load. I proceeded to power down my pc and restart it holding the shift key which...