Windows 10: Blinking screen, graphics driver?

Discus and support Blinking screen, graphics driver? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a very new laptop, an Asus VivoBook 15, Model F512J. The screen oftenblinks for an instant, sometimes two or 3 times in succession. On every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JosephRexK, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Blinking screen, graphics driver?

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]I have a very new laptop, an [/COLOR]Asus VivoBook 15, Model F512J. The screen oftenblinks for an instant, sometimes two or 3 times in succession. On every startupI get an error message:

WindowsApps\AppUp.IntelGraphicsExperience_1.100.3282.D_64_8j3eq…

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]With the caption: The parameter is incorrect.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Am I right in guessing that this isthe cause of the problem? If so, how can I fix it? If not, what else might begoing on?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Thanks very much.[/COLOR]

:)

JosephRexK, Mar 17, 2021

2. Monitor screen blinking.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand how frustrating it could be, when the monitor screen blinks frequently. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Method 2: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the drivers from the manufacture’s website and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 17, 2021
  3. barndoor Win User
    Flickering and blinking laptop screen

I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not resolve the problem, and since then I've tried various techniques to fix the problem, but none of them have worked. In order, this comprised of:

1. attempting system restore - but all five restore points were corrupted (?!);
    2. updating the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    3. rolling back the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    4. uninstalling the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    5. downloading Windows 10 from the Microsoft site and re-installing it.
    The problem has persisted even when I disconnected everything from my laptop, took it to my workplace, and switched it on there (using its battery for power); so the following possible reasons can be ruled out: its location in my house, any attached peripherals, a faulty power cable.

I am certain the problem is in some way connected to the Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor:
    1. after I completely uninstalled it - which reverted the graphics card to the standard Microsoft one - the screen didn't flicker or blink once afterwards (I left the laptop switched on for about an hour without incident, whereas previously I would experience as many as ten 'events' a minute). This rules out a possible damaged connection between the body of the laptop and its screen. However, when Windows auto-installs updates it reinstates the Intel one...
    2. ...and when the laptop is switched on the screen flickers and repeatedly blinks off and on again...
    3. ...although, strangely, connecting an external monitor to the laptop (HDMI to HDMI) results in neither the laptop screen nor the external monitor flickering or blinking. The problem returns when I disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the laptop.
    I now have the inescapable feeling that when I attached the dock I somehow fried the Intel display adaptor, and it isn't possible to fix it: I have read in the forums that replacing the graphics card on a laptop is well-nigh impossible. But if anyone else can suggest an approach I haven't yet tried I'd be very receptive!

As an aside, I contacted the retailer and they have sent me all of the drivers that are available for my system, but I don't know how to install them.

barndoor, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Blinking screen, graphics driver?

Blinking Screen

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Blinking screen issue is usually caused due to Video card drivers.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Blinking screen, graphics driver?

1. Blinking screen, graphics driver? - Similar Threads - Blinking screen graphics

2. Blinking screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blinking screen: How do I repair a blinking screen on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-screen/6d4bb653-e58d-458d-ba69-e3b083a6204c
  3. Blinking screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blinking screen: How do I repair a blinking screen on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-screen/6d4bb653-e58d-458d-ba69-e3b083a6204c
  4. Monitors Blinking after Intel Graphics Driver Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitors Blinking after Intel Graphics Driver Update: My Monitors are blinking after updating the Intel Graphics Driver from Lenovo.com. Only my monitors at home are blinking, monitors at work do not. The monitors at home were plugged in when the driver was updated. They are Lenovo t224 monitors for Lenovo X1 carbon running...
  5. Monitors Blinking after Intel Graphics Driver Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors Blinking after Intel Graphics Driver Update: My Monitors are blinking after updating the Intel Graphics Driver from Lenovo.com. Only my monitors at home are blinking, monitors at work do not. The monitors at home were plugged in when the driver was updated. They are Lenovo t224 monitors for Lenovo X1 carbon running...
  6. Monitors Blinking after Intel Graphics Driver Update

7. Screen Blinks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Blinks: Hello, Expert! I recently downloaded an update of Windows OS 10 on 15.12.2020. Next day during a presentation, I tried splitting my Screen and as a result of which the screen turned Grey however my WebCam was still on. For the past 3 or 4 days, I am observing that while...
  8. Screen Blinking

Screen Blinking: Hello, I am recently facing a problem with windows 10 pen settings. First I noticed when I took a screenshot and like drew a line my screen blinked and after a few days I saw this problem in One note and handwriting panel even. When I write with the pen using a mouse or...
  9. Screen blink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen blink: I have a HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF running windows 10 pro 64 bit system. I'm using a LG 43 inch 4K ty as a monitor. My monitor screen will instantaneously go off and come right back on in the blink of an eye. Everything running doesn't miss a beat, just that blink. It happens...
  10. blinking screen

in Windows 10 Support
    blinking screen: Hey ya'll I had a problem with my pc (windows 10) It had an error 655335, I tried to restart it in safe mode but when I selected f5 and pressed entered the screen started blinking white and blue alternatly and it has been doing that ever since. Plzzzzz help I confused *Sad...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. F512J asus wont turn on