Windows 10: blinking screen on my window 10, how to fix it?

Discus and support blinking screen on my window 10, how to fix it? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; how to fix blinking screen on my computer ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mira-54, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Mira-54 Win User

blinking screen on my window 10, how to fix it?

how to fix blinking screen on my computer ?

:)

Mira-54, Apr 16, 2021
  2. groze Win User

Would this fix the blinking screen issue?

Would this fix the blinking screen issue?

I don't have 10 installed. I think I may have found the cause but I have been wrong before. I discovered working with my network setting in different operating system the screen blinks once each time when the Ethernet is connected. I am thinking of reinstalling windows 10. Disable Ethernet adapter in Device Manager. Then use my wifi router and see if the blinking stops. What do you think?

Each release, windows 10 the blinking got worse, so I had to go back to windows 7 sp1.

Thank you for any advice in advance.

groze, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Blinking Screen

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Blinking screen issue is usually caused due to Video card drivers.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 16, 2021
  4. barndoor Win User

Flickering and blinking laptop screen

I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not resolve the problem, and since then I've tried various techniques to fix the problem, but none of them have worked. In order, this comprised of:

1. attempting system restore - but all five restore points were corrupted (?!);
    2. updating the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    3. rolling back the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    4. uninstalling the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    5. downloading Windows 10 from the Microsoft site and re-installing it.
    The problem has persisted even when I disconnected everything from my laptop, took it to my workplace, and switched it on there (using its battery for power); so the following possible reasons can be ruled out: its location in my house, any attached peripherals, a faulty power cable.

I am certain the problem is in some way connected to the Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor:
    1. after I completely uninstalled it - which reverted the graphics card to the standard Microsoft one - the screen didn't flicker or blink once afterwards (I left the laptop switched on for about an hour without incident, whereas previously I would experience as many as ten 'events' a minute). This rules out a possible damaged connection between the body of the laptop and its screen. However, when Windows auto-installs updates it reinstates the Intel one...
    2. ...and when the laptop is switched on the screen flickers and repeatedly blinks off and on again...
    3. ...although, strangely, connecting an external monitor to the laptop (HDMI to HDMI) results in neither the laptop screen nor the external monitor flickering or blinking. The problem returns when I disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the laptop.
    I now have the inescapable feeling that when I attached the dock I somehow fried the Intel display adaptor, and it isn't possible to fix it: I have read in the forums that replacing the graphics card on a laptop is well-nigh impossible. But if anyone else can suggest an approach I haven't yet tried I'd be very receptive!

As an aside, I contacted the retailer and they have sent me all of the drivers that are available for my system, but I don't know how to install them.

barndoor, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

1. blinking screen on my window 10, how to fix it? - Similar Threads - blinking screen window

2. How to fix blinking in Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix blinking in Windows 11 Pro?: After installing Stellarium, a free astronomy program, my computer is blinking and I can’t do anything with it. I tried restoring some previous restore points and they all failed.What else can I do? I have a Dell...
  3. How to fix blinking in Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix blinking in Windows 11 Pro?: After installing Stellarium, a free astronomy program, my computer is blinking and I can’t do anything with it. I tried restoring some previous restore points and they all failed.What else can I do? I have a Dell...
  4. blink screen in window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blink screen in window 10: I NEED HELP. One beautiful day just like an other day i open my pc and found my pc screen keep blinking. I try to search youtube and try many thing like restart, disable device and even factory reset but it is all useless. Now i am in trouble! My screen still like that and i...
  5. How to fix black screen with blinking taskbar after update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix black screen with blinking taskbar after update?: I am using an HP Probook 4540s with Windows 10. This has been happening to me for the past 2-3 months but all I could do was pause updates to make sure that I did not have to uninstall updates again and again to fix the error. But now I am tired of not being able to update my...
  6. How do I fix the black blinking screen of death?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix the black blinking screen of death?: Okay, so I've had this Acer laptop for a good few years, always worked fine, but a few months ago, it's started doing something strange. During start up, the computer acts completely fine, but the moment I log in and reach the desktop, it starts randomly going black for...
  7. blinking screen in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blinking screen in windows 10: My screen starts suddenly blinking and flashing. How can I solve this without going to save mode because I tried it and my computer refuse to allow me to enter in my account although I enter the correct pin....
  8. Blinking login screen - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Blinking login screen - Windows 10: Hello team, I am having an issue that just came up recently regarding a constant blinking login screen. The computer will load to the login screen and begin to blink constantly until it finally stops and I am able to login. The blinking can last anywhere from 10 seconds to...
  9. Would this fix the blinking screen issue?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Would this fix the blinking screen issue?: Would this fix the blinking screen issue? I don't have 10 installed. I think I may have found the cause but I have been wrong before. I discovered working with my network setting in different operating system the screen blinks once each time when the Ethernet is connected....
  10. Windows 10 startup screen blinking

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 startup screen blinking: Good morning, Upon starting my laptop this morning, I encountered my startup screen flashing with a round dot loading symbol continuously circling. The screen continued to flash and never load. I proceeded to power down my pc and restart it holding the shift key which...