Windows 10: Blinking Underscore

Discus and support Blinking Underscore in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So yesterday I unplugged everything from my PC externally to give it a clean. I finish up and I plug everything back in. Powering on the system, I see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/musicman720, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Blinking Underscore

So yesterday I unplugged everything from my PC externally to give it a clean. I finish up and I plug everything back in. Powering on the system, I see that there is a blinking underscore in the top-left corner of the screen. I’ve had this issue before and had been able to fix it, but now I’ve ran out of solutions. Some guy I had talk to on Tom’s Hardware said it may be an issue with the motherboard around Legacy + UEFI booting.

I have an MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard, two hard drives (one with OS).

Any ideas what I can do?

submitted by /u/musicman720
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/musicman720, Apr 13, 2020
  2. KGRG_08 Win User

Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot

Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the
    screen before logging in to windows. this blinking underscore is not present before i have a problem in my boot... is there a way to fix this problem? hope you guys can help me

sorry for bad english

KGRG_08, Apr 13, 2020
  3. MEHRUFK F Win User
    Blinking underscore while opening the computer

Hello,

I am using delll laptop and windows 8. My lapto
    Blinking Underscore [​IMG]
    p
    was functioning properly till yesterday. When i opened the laptop yesterday by clicking on the power button, windows got started and then one underscore is showing up blinking. Attached the image.

Its been one day and the issue is not fixed yet. I have tried pressing F12 and clicking on "hard drive", but when we click on the hard drive it goes to the same page woth blinking underscore.

How do i go about fixing this. Kindly help me about providing detailed steps so that I can fix this issue.

Regards,

Mehruf

MEHRUFK F, Apr 13, 2020
  4. DSplayer Win User

Blinking Underscore

Blinking underscore and black screen on boot.

I left my laptop to update overnight then I woke up the next day and turned on my laptop then when it booted it showed a blinking underscore and a black background. Please help quick!

DSplayer, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Blinking Underscore

1. Blinking Underscore - Similar Threads - Blinking Underscore

2. Black screen with a blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with a blinking underscore: I turned my computer on yesterday and it has been displaying a black screen with a blinking white underscore on the top left corner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-a-blinking-underscore/3eb4447f-c7f4-4434-be5c-ee2d90def70d
  3. Black screen with a blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with a blinking underscore: I turned my computer on yesterday and it has been displaying a black screen with a blinking white underscore on the top left corner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-a-blinking-underscore/3eb4447f-c7f4-4434-be5c-ee2d90def70d
  4. Black screen with a blinking underscore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My pc is showing blank screen with underscore blinking what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is showing blank screen with underscore blinking what to do: I have my Acer power series pc 2gb ram 64 bit and I have windows 7. Yesterday when I upgraded my pc into windows 10 using Microsoft official website and downloaded windows 10 iso file and then when the upgrade was done it was all right all was okay all was working fine about...
  6. My pc is showing blank screen with underscore blinking what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is showing blank screen with underscore blinking what to do: I have my Acer power series pc 2gb ram 64 bit and I have windows 7. Yesterday when I upgraded my pc into windows 10 using Microsoft official website and downloaded windows 10 iso file and then when the upgrade was done it was all right all was okay all was working fine about...
  7. My pc is showing blank screen with underscore blinking what to do

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Black screen with blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with blinking underscore: Hi there so I bought a used PC and Optiplex 790 and i upgraded the PSU and GPU for something better, however ever since I bought the computer i had always the issue of when booting and black screen with blinking underscore. I can boot into windows os after a 3min or so,...
  9. Black screen with underscore blinking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with underscore blinking: I cant get access to fixboot command I just downloaded windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-underscore-blinking/f2d53fb5-2154-429b-853e-03f650fddac2
  10. Windows 20H2 - USB Installation - Stuck on blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 20H2 - USB Installation - Stuck on blinking underscore: Hello all! For those of you that remember me, hello again :P. I got all my hardware stuff sorted but I'm back to my very first issue. Getting Windows on my usb to boot. Basically it loads for a bit, the windows logo appears for a second then I'm stuck on a blinking...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blinking underscore on boot windows 10