Windows 10: blinking

Discus and support blinking in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; what does it mean when a computer is blinking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking/ceb45118-25d1-427b-9c07-eba8269653ec Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hannahturner14, Mar 5, 2021.

1. blinking

what does it mean when a computer is blinking

:)

hannahturner14, Mar 5, 2021

2. Blinking Screen

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Blinking screen issue is usually caused due to Video card drivers.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Monitor screen blinking.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand how frustrating it could be, when the monitor screen blinks frequently. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Method 2: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the drivers from the manufacture’s website and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 5, 2021
  4. blinking

Text Cursor Blink on Windows 10

Hello Adam,

A quick question before we proceed:

What do you mean when you say “why does is there a pop up try suggesting me other posts when I know my question hasn't been asked?”

While typing you can hide the pointer. You may follow the steps below for the same:

• Go to settings and click on Devices.

• Click on Mouse and touchpad and select pointer options.

• Now check the box for Hide pointer while typing.

Please be informed that there is no such option to set the blink slower and change the color of your cursor.

I suggest you to provide your suggestions and feedbacks in the dedicated Feedback App. Follow these steps to provide suggestions in Windows Feedback App.

At any time, select Start, and then type
    Windows Feedback to send us your opinions and suggestions.
    Windows Feedback is only available if you have
    Diagnostic and usage data set to
    Full (Full is the recommended setting).

To change the Diagnostic and usage data setting, go to
    Start , then select Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics, and then, under
    Diagnostic and usage data, select an option.

If you have any other queries related to windows 10 we would be happy to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

blinking

1. blinking - Similar Threads - blinking

2. Blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blinking cursor: I have Win 10 operating system. Recently the cursor has blinked constantly. I have also gotten a message that my operating system is nearing the end of its life. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-cursor/1ad4f7f8-bdde-4626-84d2-01e1e5aed3cb
  3. blinking screen on my window 10, how to fix it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blinking screen on my window 10, how to fix it?: how to fix blinking screen on my computer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-screen-on-my-window-10-how-to-fix-it/398ef551-089e-459c-853c-4d64713828f6
  4. Caplock Light blinking when screen is on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Caplock Light blinking when screen is on: When I use Visual Studio Code or even am streaming movies, sometimes the caps lock light starts blinking and the laptop becomes slow. I couldn't find anything online about the light blinking when the screen is on. Only when the screen is off. Laptop: HP i7 7th gen submitted...
  5. Screen blinks on black when doing something related to videos or seeing videos

Screen blinks on black when doing something related to videos or seeing videos: From february to now i've been having some flashes when watching some videos on specific sites like sho**ee's videos and even on Reddit's videos. When the video starts, the screen goes black and then, goes back to normal sometimes it flashes again and again. The same problem...
  6. Blinking taskbar with black screen after login

Blinking taskbar with black screen after login: I have lately been dealing with the problem of blinking task bar with a black screen for a month now and need some help. It starts to happen right after I login and takes a rough estimate of 5 minute to go back to normal, I followed the steps of this post...
  7. My desktop is blinking

My desktop is blinking: I updated and turned off my computer yesterday and when I turned my pc on today it took a long time to start up and when I finally logged on, my desktop was blinking about every second and it appeared that file explorer was being restarted every time, the login screen is fine...
  8. ps4 controller blinks yellow once then turns off

ps4 controller blinks yellow once then turns off: hi my ps4 controller doesn't connect it just blinks yellow once then turns off i tried to update the usb and controller drive but for some reason i dont have them i tried to go to devices and printer but my controller isnt there i tried to troubleshoot it to plz help...
  9. Wi-fi button blinking on HP Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi button blinking on HP Printer: Wi-fi button blinking on HP Printer, I have tried all the usual fixes but nothing working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-button-blinking-on-hp-printer/e6a0e858-a258-4b88-9b1b-f61a5a809a39
  10. Windows 10 suddenly blinks external monitor every 16 seconds. GTX1060.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 suddenly blinks external monitor every 16 seconds. GTX1060.: I uninstalled nvidia driver, reinstalled default windows driver. Tried different cable. I tried hdmi port, usb-c displayport. all the same issue.... External monitor blinks every 16 seconds. Once I plug in the hdmi cable, it will wait about 28 seconds before it starts...