Windows 10: bloated windows folder and slow win10 pc

Discus and support bloated windows folder and slow win10 pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; running windows 10 with a 23.3GB windows folder on a pc that is so slow previous answers on this site have suggested running PatchRegCleanup-x64... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KevleRev, Mar 27, 2019.

1. KevleRev Win User

bloated windows folder and slow win10 pc

running windows 10 with a 23.3GB windows folder on a pc that is so slow

previous answers on this site have suggested running PatchRegCleanup-x64 which when I do, results in the error message "A productcode must be specified"

I have run "sfc /scannow" and "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" as an administrator as recommended on this community forum as a way of getting PatchRegCleanup to work. Neither found any problems however PatchRegCleanup still returns the productcode error message.

How do I

a. speed up my pc

b. reduce the windows folder size

thanks

:)

KevleRev, Mar 27, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 27, 2019
  4. bloated windows folder and slow win10 pc

Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

bloated windows folder and slow win10 pc

1. bloated windows folder and slow win10 pc - Similar Threads - bloated folder slow

2. Windows folder bloated size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows folder bloated size: My System C: drive folder is only 110GB and 64GB of that is taekn up by Windows, upon investigation I found a 41GB folder called "Installer" within the Windows folder. This is killing my C drive and I don't know how to fix it, is this normal ? 64GB for Windows?Version is...
  3. Windows folder bloated size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows folder bloated size: My System C: drive folder is only 110GB and 64GB of that is taekn up by Windows, upon investigation I found a 41GB folder called "Installer" within the Windows folder. This is killing my C drive and I don't know how to fix it, is this normal ? 64GB for Windows?Version is...
  4. Windows folder bloated size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File Copy Bloat

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Copy Bloat: Okay, after having a large batch copy fail multiple times is there some secret to this? I've resorted to 7z'ing up any "large copy task", then copying the 7z file, then un7z'ing it on the destination drive. The weird thing is this whole process takes less time than just...
  6. Where is the bloat?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is the bloat?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/cgfuhjcawzq41.png?width=1121&format=png&auto=webp&s=1bbece496ca8cc47ad8158545c786e5bdddc66e5 Hi All! As you can see from the imagines I am having bloat problems, I am missing 60+ GB space and I also seems to of lost permissions to some...
  7. windows bloat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows bloat: Why does windows 10 use so much disk space after installing, is there any plans to reduce this back to the sub 1gb size of yesteryear? the new win 10 update 1903 is said to block an extra 7gb on install on top of it's install size! My last install (1803) was over 16gb, so...
  8. Windows 10 is slow, glitchy, and bloated. Why?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is slow, glitchy, and bloated. Why?: I have a GTX 1070, Ryzen 5 1600x, 32gb of ram, yet, Netflix slows down my entire computer because Windows has terrible driver management. When you install Windows, it comes with Candy Crush?!?!?! Disney Magic Kingdoms?!?!?!?! WTF MICROSOFT How come my start menu is...
  9. Ryzen 5 2600 feels bloated and slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ryzen 5 2600 feels bloated and slow: I've done all the tweaks (oc ram, latest bios and drivers, disable cool n Quiet, ryzen balanced power plan) But my system still feels like kinda iffy. The desktop feels chuggy and like the computer is having a post nasal drip. This is also a fresh Windows install. It still...
  10. how to clean up bloated windows folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to clean up bloated windows folder: I have a windows 10 laptop with a bloated windows folder -- almost 40 gb. on my windows 10 desktop it is just 15 gb. that's reasonable. back to the problematic laptop: I ran windows disk cleanup, with system files cleanup, and it doesn't find anything big. I checked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bloated windows folder