Windows 10: Bloatware

Discus and support Bloatware in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I finally received my Dell Laptop. It came with little bloatware and I am very surprised with it. So far it works flawless. However, the bloatware that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jesse Williams, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Bloatware

I finally received my Dell Laptop. It came with little bloatware and I am very surprised with it. So far it works flawless. However, the bloatware that it did come with, I would like to know if I should remove it.

The following is the list of bloatware:

1.) CyberLink Media Suite Essentials
    2.) proDAD Adorage 3.0

Should I delete these 2 items?

:)

Jesse Williams, Feb 28, 2017
  2. lacrumb Win User

Bloatware

Some of those you can not uninstall. XBox for one.

If you do not use them why not uninstall.

lacrumb, Feb 28, 2017
  3. Bloatware

Is it safe to uninstall 3D builder, People, XBox, Get Started, Get Office, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Groove Music, Sports

AdrianaZea-Smith, Feb 28, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Bloatware

Those are two packages that are pretty pricey to buy outright!
    I would play around with them first to see if you may use them in the future.

I deleted a Cyberlink package ('bloatware') from a PC of mine years ago and often wished I hadn't.

Edwin, Feb 28, 2017
  5. kipper Win User
    Surprised you don't have McAfee listed there........That comes on every Dell I have ever seen........

PC Decrapifier will take most if not all of the bloatware off for you.....

kipper, Mar 1, 2017
  6. Okay. There is another feature that came with the PC that is called NewBlue Video Essentials for Windows. Should I remove it?

Jesse Williams, Mar 1, 2017
  7. It did come with McAfee but I already have an antivirus though my internet service provider. So I just removed it right away. I was told that McAfee wasn't any good anyway. Did I make a mistake by uninstalling it?

8. kipper Win User

Bloatware

Jesse....you should play with those programs and see if you might want to keep them for future use........What one guy or gal likes might not be useful to the next person.....what you remove will be a personal choice.....

kipper, Mar 1, 2017
  9. It did have some updates that it needed to install from the manufacturer, so I just let it run it's course. I haven't really downloaded anything to it yet so far.

10. If you decide you no longer want those apps, you could easily just do a clean install. I do this with every OEM machine I come across. This way, I know for sure what is running on the computer, and more importantly, what is not running.

DeaconFrost, Mar 1, 2017
  11. Thanks for the input guys. The only thing that I am noticing is that when I wake it up from sleep, it's a little laggy at the login screen. What I am saying is that when I put in my code to log in to the desktop, it takes it a little while to respond. Is there a fix or a solution to this little glitch?

Jesse Williams, Mar 2, 2017
  12. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

My recommendation for any "Bought" (especially laptops) computer with all the standard bloatware in it is :

1) Immediately - even before doing the initial setup - is to BACK UP the HDD entirely - including any "hidden recovery partition". Use something like Free Macrium from a bootable USB and save the image to an external device. That way you can restore the entire machine EXACTLY back to the "Factory" state if for any reason you need to return it. - IMAGE rather than CLONE the HDD.

2) now WIPE the machine's HDD and re-install Windows from scratch -- OK it means usually having to get a new Retail W10 licence but IMO the extra cost is worthwhile as "de-bloating" OEM machines often isn't as easy as it should be - especially if there's some security "trialware" installed --often rubbish like Macaffee is included and it's a real dog to remove totally.

Note - when buying the machine in the first place you might be able to get the store to toss in a free W10 retail - stores are looking to sell stuff these days so it's always worth asking -- the worst that can happen is they say no.

BTW if you have an old (retail) version of W8 / W8.1 or W7 the update STILL works !! so just download the media creation tool and install a FREE version of W10. !!

If though you can get hold of the bare OEM OS that came with the laptop then re-installing that version is the best solution - however long gone are the days where you get a whole slew of discs containing the OS / drivers / software when buying a new machine - often the whole kybosh is just stored away in a hidden recovery partition so when restoring from that you simply get all the junk again.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 2, 2017
  13. pparks1 Win User

Bloatware

Jimbo, you don't need a retail copy of the OS. It will read the key from the BIOS. You can reload Windows onto your OEM computer.

pparks1, Mar 2, 2017
  14. Ditto. Bloatware is actually the least of the problem. Many computers come with bundled malware, even legitimate manufacturers are known to distribute trojans and such and because they are included by default, they are usually unknown to AVs. So from security and privacy point, a clean reinstall is highly recommend.

Lenovo slipped 'Superfish' malware into laptops - Feb. 19, 2015

TairikuOkami, Mar 2, 2017
  15. But the problem with the computer that I am experiencing, is that it is a little laggy and slow at startup. Can someone give me solution on how to fix that issue?

Jesse Williams, Mar 2, 2017
Thema:

Bloatware

1. Bloatware - Similar Threads - Bloatware

2. Copilot is bloatware, it's a shill for Microsoft. and forcing it on consumers is Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copilot is bloatware, it's a shill for Microsoft. and forcing it on consumers is Microsoft...: It started with the question: Why is Copilot showing me ads? Then moved on to: Who asked for this bloatware? How do I delete it? Or is this like Cortana, and you are stuck with it because Microsoft, being a near monopoly, doesn't allow customers to have a choice? I asked...
  3. Copilot is bloatware, it's a shill for Microsoft. and forcing it on consumers is Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copilot is bloatware, it's a shill for Microsoft. and forcing it on consumers is Microsoft...: It started with the question: Why is Copilot showing me ads? Then moved on to: Who asked for this bloatware? How do I delete it? Or is this like Cortana, and you are stuck with it because Microsoft, being a near monopoly, doesn't allow customers to have a choice? I asked...
  4. Disable AI Bloatware on Windows 10 and 11 with BloatynosyAI

in Windows 10 News
    Disable AI Bloatware on Windows 10 and 11 with BloatynosyAI: Microsoft continues to push Copilot aggressively, it is available on Windows, Microsoft Edge, Office. The AI-assistant is also coming to Notepad, even the SwiftKey Keyboard isn't spared from these AI features. The thing is, while the AI-powered can be helpful, not everyone is...
  5. Windows 10 LTSC bloatware-free promise challenged by recent security updates

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 LTSC bloatware-free promise challenged by recent security updates: KEY POINTS Windows 10 LTSC (Long-Term Servicing Channel) is preferred for stability and fewer changes. However, recent September and October 2023 updates have introduced unexpected changes, causing concern among users. Microsoft added a non-removable “Windows Backup” app...
  6. How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?: I actually use my machine for work. I cannot work with all these interruptions, bloatware Slowing down the machines annoying info cards, and Pop ups. Microsoft BING is the worst. Redirecting me to BING.COM NOT from edge, from every other browserI have uninstalled all...
  7. How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?

How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?: I actually use my machine for work. I cannot work with all these interruptions, bloatware Slowing down the machines annoying info cards, and Pop ups. Microsoft BING is the worst. Redirecting me to BING.COM NOT from edge, from every other browserI have uninstalled all...
  8. How do I get rid of ALL the telemetry, bloatware, and tracking? In windows 10 22H2 64bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of ALL the telemetry, bloatware, and tracking? In windows 10 22H2 64bit: Self-explanatory title. I want it all gone. And if not all of it, as much as possible.All of the bloatware, tracking, spyware, telemetry, etc. The things i would like to keep are XBox game bar and Microsoft store The amount of bloat in a default windows installation makes me...
  9. How do I get rid of ALL the telemetry, bloatware, and tracking? In windows 10 22H2 64bit

How do I get rid of ALL the telemetry, bloatware, and tracking? In windows 10 22H2 64bit: Self-explanatory title. I want it all gone. And if not all of it, as much as possible.All of the bloatware, tracking, spyware, telemetry, etc. The things i would like to keep are XBox game bar and Microsoft store The amount of bloat in a default windows installation makes me...
  10. How do I get rid of ALL the telemetry, bloatware, and tracking? In windows 10 22H2 64bit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security