Windows 10: Block access to a specific app, for a certain period of time?

Discus and support Block access to a specific app, for a certain period of time? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello! Question for using the Microsoft Family Safety features - How can I block access to a specific app, for a certain period of time? Issue - My... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GoodParent-I-Hope, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Block access to a specific app, for a certain period of time?

Hello!

Question for using the Microsoft Family Safety features - How can I block access to a specific app, for a certain period of time?

Issue - My kids are currently doing online schooling; at some classes, I have noticed that they were playing games or were using other apps, and not paying attention to their teachers. I would like to block this access, but in the same time to allow them access to the computer for their online classes.

I have noticed that there have been other questions for similar topic, but none answered satisfactory.

Please do not send me links about how to use the Microsoft Family Safety features; I have done this before - this is specific to the Microsoft moderators...

Currently, the Safety Family browser is designed to allow access for a certain period of time, for Each Day, or Weekdays and Weekends.

But this can be only done once.

No option for blocking, only for allowing.

In order to solve the issue with my kids, I would like to block the app access for a certain period of time!

In my humble opinion, this could be also done by re-designing the Safety Family to schedule more than one instance of periods of time allowing access to the apps; consequently, I could schedule two periods of time per day allowing access to certain apps, hence blocking the period of time when access is not allowed.

Thank you!

:)

GoodParent-I-Hope, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Block access to a specific app, for a certain period of time?

1. Block access to a specific app, for a certain period of time? - Similar Threads - Block access specific

2. Windows 11 blocking access to specific websites/apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 blocking access to specific websites/apps: I am using a gaming computer with Windows 11.I am connected to xfinitywifi.Even though I turned off all the firewall domain network, private network, and public network, the computer keeps blocking access to specific websites/apps.For example, the computer blocks access to...
  3. Windows 11 blocking access to specific websites/apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 blocking access to specific websites/apps: I am using a gaming computer with Windows 11.I am connected to xfinitywifi.Even though I turned off all the firewall domain network, private network, and public network, the computer keeps blocking access to specific websites/apps.For example, the computer blocks access to...
  4. Access blocked on certain WiFi network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access blocked on certain WiFi network: I'm trying to play Minecraft on a server, when I connect to mobile hotspot I am able to connect but when I am connected to the WiFi, I am not able to connect to the server. What should I do to fix this? Should I mimic all the network settings of the mobile data to the WiFi?...
  5. BSOD after a Certain Period of Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after a Certain Period of Time: Hi,I have a Dell Latitude e7470 with Windows 10 Pro. It has 4GB RAM & 250GB M2 SSD. Since few weeks, I am having BSOD error mostly when I play any video on Google Chrome. It usually occurs repeatedly after every 2-4 days. Sometimes I use it for 6-8 hours non stop and it...
  6. BSOD after a Certain Period of Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after a Certain Period of Time: Hi,I have a Dell Latitude e7470 with Windows 10 Pro. It has 4GB RAM & 250GB M2 SSD. Since few weeks, I am having BSOD error mostly when I play any video on Google Chrome. It usually occurs repeatedly after every 2-4 days. Sometimes I use it for 6-8 hours non stop and it...
  7. BSOD after a Certain Period of Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Blocking apps for a certain time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blocking apps for a certain time: Hey! I was wondering if I could block a certain app on my pc for a certain time like the chrome extension Block Site, which blocks sites for a certain time you choose I searched it up and could not find anything, does anyone know an application that does this? Or a way to do...
  9. Black screen after a certain period of time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after a certain period of time?: My PC boots up normally but after a certain amount of time my monitor just goes to black. PC is still running, I also recently updated windows and havent had this issue before. submitted by /u/Baner_ [link] [comments]...
  10. Access blocked for certain settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access blocked for certain settings: Recently I have attempted to use my laptop's computer, but it is unable to be found, stating that it possibly could be blocked by antivirus software. While I don't have any antivirus installed, I attempted to go to "Virus and Threat Protection" settings in my computer. I am...