Windows 10: block access to Windows settings

Discus and support block access to Windows settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a few computers connected by corporate network. And I need to block users access to the Windows settings and control panel. How can I do this?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Elber galarga1, Dec 3, 2018.

1. block access to Windows settings

I have a few computers connected by corporate network. And I need to block users access to the Windows settings and control panel. How can I do this?

:)

Elber galarga1, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Dec 3, 2018
  3. IP accessing

How could a program on your computer block anything from accessing your router anyway?
    The router itself has to block things, I'd suggest using simple NAT and forwarding ports you need, the rest will be blocked.

DanTheBanjoman, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

block access to Windows settings

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

block access to Windows settings

1. block access to Windows settings - Similar Threads - block access settings

2. Windows blocking access to documents

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows blocking access to documents: "Windows cannot access the specific device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I get this for Excel and Word. Windows 10. Single User. Several years old. Same user created the documents on the same system. Sometimes a...
  3. Family Settings Blocking My Access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Settings Blocking My Access: So I updated my Windows OS, and when I finished reactivating I had to swap motherboards, I was unable to open Google Chrome without "family permission." I have already left my family group, of which I never even met the person that I was in it with. Yet it still tells me that...
  4. BLOCKED ACCESS

BLOCKED ACCESS: Hello, Please, I have a question and of course I am waiting a right answer if is possible to fix this impediment. I try ON LINE to fill out an Application and when I press " Apply Now" then appears these words.........This page can not be reached............. My...
  5. Access blocked for certain settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access blocked for certain settings: Recently I have attempted to use my laptop's computer, but it is unable to be found, stating that it possibly could be blocked by antivirus software. While I don't have any antivirus installed, I attempted to go to "Virus and Threat Protection" settings in my computer. I am...
  6. Blocking access to windows settings for child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blocking access to windows settings for child: I’m a mac user so Windows is beyond confusing to me. We have a Windows 10 laptop that my son uses. He fiddles so i would like to lock down the settings so they don’t get out of whack. Is there a way to do this from my admin account? Every time i search for this I end up...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Block user access to settings

Windows 10 Pro Block user access to settings: We are a small school with a number of laptops running Windows 10 Professional for Student use. Each of these Student Computers has an Admin User login and a Student User login. The Student User on each is a local account (i.e. not Administrator). Students borrow laptops...
  8. Internet access blocked

Internet access blocked: Attempting to access Router, the message 'Internet Access is Blocked' shows. I have disabled Windows Firewall but still blocked. Anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-access-blocked/72c78239-33c1-42d7-8f66-cbf5e925e8cc"
  9. Private Firewall settings blocking RDP access

Private Firewall settings blocking RDP access: Hi all, Cant seem to have both Firewall Private network settings and RDP working together. Here's my setup. Note it works fine when I have the firewall as in the image,, but once I swtich to 'Turn On Windows Defender Firewall in Private Network settings, RDP gets blocked....
  10. Windows Defender Block Access

Windows Defender Block Access: Every time I try to download something, my Windows defender blocks everything, it gives me the following message: Unauthorized changes blocked, Controlled folder access blocked with C:\... then the rest of the extension but it doesn't give me the full extension so it is very...