Windows 10: Block at First Sight: Windows Defender blocking malware in SECONDS!

Discus and support Block at First Sight: Windows Defender blocking malware in SECONDS! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TeamsMe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gptphp/block_at_first_sight_windows_defender_blocking/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TeamsMe, May 24, 2020.

1. Block at First Sight: Windows Defender blocking malware in SECONDS!

/u/TeamsMe, May 24, 2020

2. Configure the 'Block at First Sight' feature?

Windows Defender has this feature called Block at First Sight.
    Does this need to be set in Group Policy or could it be set in the Windows Defender Security GUI app?
    If so, please explain the steps.

I know I have the Cloud protection enabled in the Defender app, but I don't see Block at First Sight setting.

Thanks!

win10freak, May 24, 2020
  3. Enable block at first sight

I just got this popup

Attachment 225791

I was in Firefox preferences at the time.

When I clicked on the popup, it took me here

Enable Block at First Sight to detect malware in seconds | Microsoft Docs

I don't know what setting change caused this. I was coincidentally downloading Firefox installers at around the same time, but the name of the "item" is not mentioned.

kitpzyxmsir, May 24, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Block at First Sight: Windows Defender blocking malware in SECONDS!

dalchina, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Block at First Sight: Windows Defender blocking malware in SECONDS!

1. Block at First Sight: Windows Defender blocking malware in SECONDS! - Similar Threads - Block Sight Defender

2. Any malware that could uninstal windows defender and block win updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any malware that could uninstal windows defender and block win updates?: The title says it all, my friends laptop just got its windef uninstalled and all the winupdates are blocked, I'm thinking the only solution here's a clean install, any thoughts? submitted by /u/hidden-47 [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows 10 now blocks malware from disabling Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 now blocks malware from disabling Microsoft Defender: Windows 10 update is making it much harder for users to disable the Windows Defender and this is a good move on Microsoft’s part, according to the updated support documentation. By default, Windows Defender is installed on all versions and editions of Windows 10. It always...
  4. Defender firewall block

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender firewall block: This opened when I logged in: Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of SchedulerConsole on all public and private networks. Name: SchedulerConsole Publisher: Unknown Path: C:\program files...
  5. Blocking a sight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blocking a sight: I am coiming across various advertisement on snapdeal.com Kindly help blocking it in my browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-a-sight/6e8f5a51-f6e9-4f6e-b1b6-1a3db2d5af0c
  6. Enable block at first sight

Enable block at first sight: I just got this popup [img] I was in Firefox preferences at the time. When I clicked on the popup, it took me here Enable Block at First Sight to detect malware in seconds | Microsoft Docs I don't know what setting change caused this. I was coincidentally downloading...
  7. Configure the 'Block at First Sight' feature?

Configure the 'Block at First Sight' feature?: Windows Defender has this feature called Block at First Sight. Does this need to be set in Group Policy or could it be set in the Windows Defender Security GUI app? If so, please explain the steps. I know I have the Cloud protection enabled in the Defender app, but I don't...
  8. Defender blocking everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Defender blocking everything: Hi I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem that I have started having with defender, It blocks everything I try to do, I cannot save any pictures or add music files to now playing lists without it throwing up a message and blocking everything...….I have attached a...
  9. Download contained a malware, Windows Defender blocked

Download contained a malware, Windows Defender blocked: I downloaded a file, and Windows Defender immediately popped up, saying a severe malware was found and quarantined, I deleted it. But, at first I didn't notice that the download itself contained the malware, so I downloaded it again (Who knew it can discover a malware while...
  10. Enable Windows Defender Block at First Sight in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable Windows Defender Block at First Sight in Windows 10: How to: Enable Windows Defender Block at First Sight in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Defender Block at First Sight in Windows 10 Windows Defender Antivirus helps protect your PC against malware (malicious software) like viruses, spyware, and other...