Windows 10: Block different ways to wake up my computer

Discus and support Block different ways to wake up my computer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I would like to disable all the possible way to wake up my laptop from sleep mode, except power button.- keyboard- mouse- open the lid- system update-... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BLaszlo88, Feb 2, 2022.

1. BLaszlo88 Win User

Block different ways to wake up my computer

I would like to disable all the possible way to wake up my laptop from sleep mode, except power button.- keyboard- mouse- open the lid- system update- network- anything elseIs it possible?

:)

BLaszlo88, Feb 2, 2022

2. waking up my computer

Hi Virginia,

For us to properly isolate the issue in waking up your computer, we would like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Aside from a hard shut down, to make sure that we have not missed on anything, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check if the wake on keyboard option is enabled. To check this, open
    Device Manager > Keyboards > HID Keyboard Device >
    Power Management, and then disable the Allow this device to wake the computer feature (standard value).

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Feb 2, 2022
  3. John Sarc Win User
    computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Feb 2, 2022
  4. Block different ways to wake up my computer

computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Feb 2, 2022
Thema:

Block different ways to wake up my computer

1. Block different ways to wake up my computer - Similar Threads - Block different ways

2. My computer won't wake up in the morning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won't wake up in the morning: Hello All,Only in the morning my computer will not wake up. It sleeps numerous times throughout the day and I am able to wake it up by touching the keyboard or mouse.In the morning before I try to wake it up you can hear it running hard, however the power light is still...
  3. My computer won't wake up in the morning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won't wake up in the morning: Hello All,Only in the morning my computer will not wake up. It sleeps numerous times throughout the day and I am able to wake it up by touching the keyboard or mouse.In the morning before I try to wake it up you can hear it running hard, however the power light is still...
  4. computer suddenly freezes in different ways

computer suddenly freezes in different ways: Split from this thread. Hello, I'm having the same problem, I stay with the computer on for a while and it suddenly freezes in different ways blue screen, a very loud noise... or sometimes it just goes on for days without crashing. I took it to a store and they told me that...
  5. Block different ways to wake up my computer

Block different ways to wake up my computer: I would like to disable all the possible way to wake up my laptop from sleep mode, except power button.- keyboard- mouse- open the lid- system update- network- anything elseIs it possible?...
  6. Block different ways to wake up my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block different ways to wake up my computer: I would like to disable all the possible way to wake up my laptop from sleep mode, except power button.- keyboard- mouse- open the lid- system update- network- anything elseIs it possible?...
  7. Computer waking up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer waking up: For the past 7 days when i got a pc 1 or 2 weeks ago, it keeps turning on bu it self every day at 5:55 AM. I tried everything i could to stop it and it failed, any tips? submitted by /u/Zylenlox69 [link] [comments]...
  8. Wake up computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up computer: Hi, Why can't I wake up my laptop by pressing any keys on my keyboard? Dennis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-computer/22a8e0d7-cde5-4034-9373-ff84d379f09c
  9. waking up computer

in Cortana
    waking up computer: when i wake up computer i get running dots in cortana and browser search box continually , why is that ? or what can be done not to have that ? i usually do ctrl alt del and just choose cancel--then it stops...
  10. Computer wakes up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer wakes up: My computer keeps waking up on it's own after I put it to sleep. I am running Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wakes-up/f04dadcd-e205-4f5d-b9c8-a4aab97f4895"