Windows 10: Block family features

Discus and support Block family features in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I reinstalled Windows with version 2004 and there are family settings which won’t let me launch chrome or Firefox. I left the family online but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Esconis, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Block family features

I reinstalled Windows with version 2004 and there are family settings which won’t let me launch chrome or Firefox. I left the family online but it still won’t let me. My account is also administrator. Is there any way to force disable this feature?

submitted by /u/Esconis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Esconis, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Family Features Blocking Chrome on Adult Account

Hello,

Best that we could suggest here as an easy fix is to have the Family feature administrator remove your account from the list. Feel free to check out
    this link from our support website for steps on how to do so.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Isi, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Microsoft family features icon on taskbar

Hi,

Microsoft Family Safety is a free parental monitoring app to help make it easier to keep your kids safe online. With Family Safety, you can give them some independence but still keep tabs on their computer activities. Family Safety allows you to:

• See which websites your kids have visited, and which apps and games they’ve used
    • Block or allow websites, apps, games, or other content.
    • Limit the amount of time they can spend on the PC

Since you never set up Microsoft family features on your computer, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

link
    to turn off the family settings in Windows 10.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Block family features

Microsoft family blocking chrome

Hello
    MayceHoag,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Block family features

1. Block family features - Similar Threads - Block family features

2. family features blocking google chrome!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family features blocking google chrome!!: there already an old thread but it had a non working solution. i am considering formatting the pc and putting Linux on it if this is not something that can be solved by changing Windows settings. thank you....
  3. family features blocking google chrome!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family features blocking google chrome!!: there already an old thread but it had a non working solution. i am considering formatting the pc and putting Linux on it if this is not something that can be solved by changing Windows settings. thank you....
  4. Family Features blocking Firefox

Family Features blocking Firefox: Hi,I am trying to install Firefox and I keep getting a popup saying I need to have permission through Family Feature to install the app. The problem is that I am 22 years old, and, to my knowledge, I have NEVER been on any Microsoft Family Feature Plan. Please help!...
  5. Family features blocking Chrome

Family features blocking Chrome: every time I try to run Chrome, W10 throws an error saying I need permission from a parent. I am not currently part of a family group so this makes no sense. How do I fix this? I have also already setup a separate local account but that is not a valid solution. I need my...
  6. Steam Game blocked by Family Features

Steam Game blocked by Family Features: Any time I've tried to open Train Mechanic Simulator 2017 recently, it just keeps saying it's blocked by Windows Family Features, even when one of the adults in my family unblocked it, I restarted my PC multiple times but to no avail. Is there any way to stop this?...
  7. FAMILY FEATURES BLOCKING BROWSERS

FAMILY FEATURES BLOCKING BROWSERS: For those who have waited for an answer I finally have it. After 2 years of having trouble I have finally fixed the problem with my browsers. Easy Solution, remove your computer from your Microsoft account. it was that easy...
  8. Microsoft family features blocking installation

Microsoft family features blocking installation: I'm attempting to install some old software for which I just have an .bin file. When I click on the setup.exe I get a message Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Setup Launcher I am the administrator, I am the adult in the family...
  9. Microsoft family features blocking firefox!!!!

Microsoft family features blocking firefox!!!!: Whenever I try to open Firefox or Google Chrome it always displays this message: [ATTACH] Then if I click "Ask by email" it shows: [ATTACH] Which I assume is due to my Microsoft account already being an adult. I've spent countless hours googling, researching how other people...
  10. Family features blocking chrome

Family features blocking chrome: Before you say anything I've already searched up everything and I'm not in a family but I still cant access chrome and also I'm an administrator for my computer but still cant access chrome even after uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting and joining and leaving a...