Windows 10: Block Firefox from using Windows BITS Service to download updates

Discus and support Block Firefox from using Windows BITS Service to download updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers a background update feature for programs so that they can update themselves in the background without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 16, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Block Firefox from using Windows BITS Service to download updates

WinClub, Aug 16, 2019
  2. R0H1T Win User

Windows 10 forced download

Turn "BITS" service to off or disabled & windows update to manual. Whenever you want to update windows, security &/or optional patches, just turn on "BITS" & start Windows update service & let OS do the rest. You might have to uncheck anything win10 related manually if it's in the download list.

Turning BITS off is the easiest way to save your bandwidth, even if you have ample amounts of it.

R0H1T, Aug 16, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Firefox 2.0.0.12 Security and Stability Update Released

As part of Mozilla’s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 2.0.0.12 is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download here. This update is strongly recommended for all Firefox users. For a list of changes and more information, please review the Firefox 2.0.0.12 Release Notes.

Source: Mozilla

malware, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Block Firefox from using Windows BITS Service to download updates

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Block Firefox from using Windows BITS Service to download updates

1. Block Firefox from using Windows BITS Service to download updates - Similar Threads - Block Firefox using

2. Blocked from downloading Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked from downloading Windows 11: Hi I am Trying to Download Windows 11 iso but its blocking Me. Its saying that We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding technologies...
  3. Firefox blocked by family services.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Firefox blocked by family services.: I'm an adult, I've removed all restrictions on the account, I've left the family, and nothing has worked. Its infuriating. I'm not even part of a microsoft family anymore, why is it that it's still blocking me from using firefox?!...
  4. Firefox blocked by family services.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firefox blocked by family services.: I'm an adult, I've removed all restrictions on the account, I've left the family, and nothing has worked. Its infuriating. I'm not even part of a microsoft family anymore, why is it that it's still blocking me from using firefox....
  5. Firefox blocked by family services.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox blocked by family services.: I'm an adult, I've removed all restrictions on the account, I've left the family, and nothing has worked. Its infuriating. I'm not even part of a microsoft family anymore, why is it that it's still blocking me from using firefox....
  6. How to allow or block BITS client from using Windows BranchCache

in Windows 10 News
    How to allow or block BITS client from using Windows BranchCache: [ATTACH]BITS or Background Intelligent Transfer Service uses Windows BranchCache in Wide Area Network (WAN). It uses the BranchCache when a remote computer requests data from the host computer in an office or big organization. If you want to allow or block the BITS client...
  7. I use Firefox as my browser. When I download a app update SmartScreen blocks opening the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I use Firefox as my browser. When I download a app update SmartScreen blocks opening the...: When I try to open a program update or new program downloaded using Firefox I get a dialog box with the following message."Windows Protected your PC.Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk."There...
  8. How to block or disable Downloads in Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to block or disable Downloads in Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can have more control over your browser by disabling downloads. This practice not only ensures enough disk space but can also a measure to guard your PC against malicious downloads and malware. This post will show you how to [...] This post How to block...
  9. Using Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) from .NET

in Windows 10 News
    Using Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) from .NET: About BITS and downloading and uploading files Programs nowadays often need to download files and data from the internet – maybe they need new content, new configurations, or the latest updates. The Windows Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) is an easy way for...
  10. Firefox 64-bit is now available to download

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox 64-bit is now available to download: Mozilla Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Mozilla Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI,...