Windows 10: "Block inappropriate websites" is not working at all for child

Discus and support "Block inappropriate websites" is not working at all for child in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I asked this question and got no solution yet. Can someone from microsoft support please help me with this. Here is the post of my original post,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NP1977, Jun 9, 2019.

1. NP1977 Win User

"Block inappropriate websites" is not working at all for child

I asked this question and got no solution yet.

Can someone from microsoft support please help me with this.

Here is the post of my original post, as its locked now, not able to reply there so writing new question here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...essageId=a0c4333b-2e5b-4f65-a3f9-3645d9d93915

I have provided all details, child account is verified, option "Block inappropriate websites" is on, still as I said, after I logged in as child account, I am able to access any inappropriate site using any browser.

Can someone help me out with this please now.

:)

NP1977, Jun 9, 2019
  2. NP1977 Win User

Hello,

I created new microsoft account and created a child account under family, paid 0.50 and its verified and child account has been created successfully.

I have windows 10 laptop. Added microsoft account info under accounts.

Now I want to block all\any the adult stuffs\search while using internet when child logs in to Windows using that account.

Under family, content restriction, I enabled "Block inappropriate websites" option and also enabled option "Block inappropriate apps, games & media" and set child
    age as 10 under that option.

Then to check, I logged off from my windows account and logged in back to windows using child account email and password.

Then I opened chrome and searched for adult sites, google search everything, then I tried going to any site and I was able to go to any of such site. I want to even restrict search of such things.

My question is, even though I have "Block inappropriate websites" ON, why is it not blocking anything and why child user is able to search or see anything on browser ?

Thanks in advance

NP1977, Jun 9, 2019
  3. LeoSeabra Win User

Hi

Welcome to our community.

This is Leocadia, independent community expert, and I am glad to assist you today.

Sorry to hear about this inconvenience. Now, we would like to help you promptly.

If the web filtering restriction level is set to ‘Warn on adult’, it will allow all websites but only shows a warning when an adult website is visited. I would suggest you to set the web filtering level to either ‘Online communication’ or ‘General interest’
    or ‘Designed for Children’ filters which will block all adult website. Refer to these steps:

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

Which web browser are you using?

Are the settings on the Family Safety options on your computer are the same with the one on
    http://familysafety.live.com?

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, it might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

a) Log into the Family safety website (https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ ). or
    https://account.microsoft.com/family

b) Click on the child account and click on ‘Web filtering’ in the left pane.

c) Click on “restriction level’ and choose the appropriate filter.

If you are managing Family safety through control panel, then follow these steps:

a) Press Windows key + F, set the search filter to settings.

b) Type ‘Family safety’ and click on the Family safety tile.

c) Click on the child account and then click on the ‘Set web filtering’.

d) Choose the appropriate filter.

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

LeoSeabra, Jun 9, 2019
  4. DRD1957 Win User

Blocking Inappropriate Websites

I checked the box to block inappropriate websites for my daughter's user account and then when I opened Edge in her account I saw a number of inappropriate articles. The entertainment section alone had a number of inappropriate articles. Is it possible
    to block the Edge news articles as well?

DRD1957, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

1. "Block inappropriate websites" is not working at all for child - Similar Threads - Block inappropriate websites

2. Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account: I am setting up parental controls and am finding websites I've added to the blocked list are still accessible when searched. How do I fix this issue?...
  3. Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account: I am setting up parental controls and am finding websites I've added to the blocked list are still accessible when searched. How do I fix this issue?...
  4. Blocking Inappropriate Sites

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blocking Inappropriate Sites: We are trying to set parental controls for web browsing, but it is not working at all. If I choose "Block Inappropriate websites" and then go to my child's account and type "sex" in the Edge browser, it allows me to go to all KINDS of inappropriate sites. What does work if...
  5. Blocking websites under child user accounts with regex

Blocking websites under child user accounts with regex: Hi, I want to whitelist all URLS that contains the edu.gr If regex was supported I would write *edu.gr* But I cannot add this setting to my child Is it somehow possible?...
  6. Child Website Permissions Not Working

Child Website Permissions Not Working: Hello to All I have my daughter using a PC with my monitoring through microsoft family security. To be honest its always been a fragile piece of software, which given its importance is disappointing. However, now its just refusing to work. I've been trying to add some...
  7. Block inappropriate websites

Block inappropriate websites: Hi, I recently bought a new laptop for my daughter to help with home schooling during the Corona virus lock down. I specifically picked a new Windows 10 S Mode model for the safety and security. I spent a considerable amount of time setting up family users with ages etc, so...
  8. block inappropriate stuff from child computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    block inappropriate stuff from child computer: how can i make my kids account safe child computer. the navagate the internet but nothing is block even thought its an child account. I need help...
  9. Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account: Hello, I have setup accounts for both of my girls. I also added a few websites that I only want them to visit. When my daughter goes to the website it is accessible except for any of the links inside the website page. If she clicks on a link within the main website she...
  10. "Block inappropriate websites" is not working at all for child

"Block inappropriate websites" is not working at all for child: Hello, I created new microsoft account and created a child account under family, paid 0.50 and its verified and child account has been created successfully. I have windows 10 laptop. Added microsoft account info under accounts. Now I want to block all\any the adult...