Windows 10: Block MAZE RANSOMEWARE and other malwares before entering to windows computer

Discus and support Block MAZE RANSOMEWARE and other malwares before entering to windows computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently Maze Ransomeware compromised one of the IT services computers. This Ransomeware encrypts most of the files in different extensions formats... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Block MAZE RANSOMEWARE and other malwares before entering to windows computer

Recently Maze Ransomeware compromised one of the IT services computers. This Ransomeware encrypts most of the files in different extensions formats and aks the money to decrypt.

so we must aware of this maze ransomware, how it works, hows it enters into users' computers.

for more information visit below McAfee official blog website

https://www.mcafee.com/blogs/other-blogs/mcafee-labs/ransomware-maze/

Take the following precautions to avoid entering maze ransomware.

01. Block built-in Administrator account

02. Rename the builtin Administrator account other than Administrator

03. Block built-in Guest account

04. Rename the builtin Guest account other than Guest

05. Use Standard Account with a strong Complex password at least 12 length

06. Enable Windows Defender Smartscreen for Microsoft edge chromium-browser,

06a. Never open unknown sender emails

07. Download and install the Windows Application Guard Extension app from Microsoft store

08 .Download and install the extension of Windows Defender Application Guard Extension to chrome browser and to Firefox Browser

09. Update the latest browsers to Edge chromium v81.0.416.58, Chrome v81.0.4044.113, and Firefox v75.0.0.7398

10. Block the Maze ransomware IP address in windows firewall and other firewall applications

10a. Enable Software Restriction Policy to Disallowed as default after this setting all programs will not open so allow the required programs in SRP

10b. Allow this command Gpupdate /force

11. If possible Block IP address in HOSTS file

12. Enable all features in windows defender

13. Enable Core memory integrity

14 Enable Virtualization Based security

15. Enable Exploit protections and adjust the policy in system settings, i enable On by Default some programs will not work after enabling these so adjust according to your programs

16. Enable windows defender application guard from windows features

16a Always scan before the downloaded files using windows defender and other antivirus software

17. Enable Isolated Browsing under windows security under apps & browser control

18. Restrict the applications through Group Policy Editor

19. Enable Secure Boot and EUFI mode in bios

20. Always update released windows updates to Windows OS

21. Update the other Programs updates or patches released by their respective developers.

22. Keep updated device drivers

23. Enable early antimalware launch driver, enable as Good only via GPE

24. Always create a system restore point before modifying changes

25. Don't store your personal files in users folders, use other Free partition to store users files

26, Enable PUP in the chromium-based browser via policy

27. Always create a backup of complete windows os partition in to other partitions

28. Use separate harddisk or SSD for windows os, use separate harddisks for storing datas, games

Still more points will be added later , addition points orr steps are needed from the experienced users, i will add those points, after the reply from users

Thanks for reading my post, If any user finds this useful means, then give me UPVOTES.

:)

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Apr 19, 2020
  2. Time Lady Win User

Ransomeware

I recommend going straight to one of the malware removal sites listed below & they’ll be able to help you clear your PC of the ransomeware if a decryption key is available.

If these find one or more infections but do not fully remove them it will be wise to register with a malware removal site to receive dedicated malware removal instructions, an expert will remain with you throughout the process until confirmation that your PC
    is 100% clean.

Malwarebytes virus/malware removal forum:

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/7-windows...

Bleeping computer malware/virus removal forum:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22...

Disclaimer - This post contains reference to non-Microsoft websites and there may be ads on the page for products & services including products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Product). Please thoroughly research any product / service advertised
    on the page before you decide to use them. Your discretion is very much advised.

Time Lady, May 23, 2020
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Danger Den launches Maze 5

DD never releases revisions or lists compatibility until the product (GPU/CPU) is actually released as they thorouly test performance and fitting before they release a block and state that it's compatible with the latest products.

yogurt_21, May 23, 2020
  4. LGV
    LGV Win User

Block MAZE RANSOMEWARE and other malwares before entering to windows computer

How To Block Facebook

Step 1. Explore C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
    Step 2. Look for a file named as hosts, then open it with Notepad.
    Step 3. At the bottom of the file, add the line as shown below:
    127.0.0.1 www.blockingsite1.com
    We have just shown you www.blockingsite 1.com as example only, replace it with the actual URL so that they are inaccessible to all.
    Step 4. Simultaneously if you have more websites that would like to be blocked, just press Enter and repeat step 3 to add additional URL until all desired websites are added. Now make “Enter” at the last line of the UR
    Step 5. Save and close the file.
    After doing the above formalities all websites that you have entered will be blocked with immediate effect. Definitely this theory will help you to prevent certain websites from being accessed by your kids or anybody else for any reason.

Thema:

Block MAZE RANSOMEWARE and other malwares before entering to windows computer

1. Block MAZE RANSOMEWARE and other malwares before entering to windows computer - Similar Threads - Block MAZE RANSOMEWARE

2. ransomeware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ransomeware: Any methods of fix redeem ransomware atttack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ransomeware/cf1e3208-dd7d-4f0c-be2c-b918890ab17b
  3. ransomeware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ransomeware: Any methods of fix redeem ransomware atttack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ransomeware/cf1e3208-dd7d-4f0c-be2c-b918890ab17b
  4. Ransomeware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomeware: Where will ransomeware install itself?Thanks for any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ransomeware/1021a21c-2d7c-4a0e-b22d-9bdf40a5dd16
  5. Block or Avoid LUCIFER Ransomeware or Malware detected on 24-06-2020

Block or Avoid LUCIFER Ransomeware or Malware detected on 24-06-2020: On 24-06-2020, Recently Some cybersecurity researchers found LUCIFER ransomware attacked to organization computers which is running windows based computers The way of attack is explained by the below article...
  6. Block or Avoid WASTEDLOCKER Ransomeware detected on 23-06-2020

Block or Avoid WASTEDLOCKER Ransomeware detected on 23-06-2020: On 23-06-2020 , Recently Some cybersecurity researchers found WASTEDLOCKER ransomware attacked to organization computers. The way of attack is explained by the below article...
  7. Ransomeware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ransomeware: Hii Team I have been using Windows 10 Licensed Version and have been Switched On all the defender settings and firewall options.But unfortunately My system is now affected by MEDS Ransomeware / Virus Whatever it is. I couldn't access any files in my system . EVERYTHING IS...
  8. RANSOMEWARE

RANSOMEWARE: My PC got infected by gero ransomware unknowingly while was trying to download software. How to decrypt those .gero extension files created by it and recover my original data? Please help meI...
  9. Ransomeware / Malware Protection Insights

Ransomeware / Malware Protection Insights: As I have mentioned in previous posits, I would love to use Windows Defender however I have this red flag going off evert time I see people reporting ransomeware issues / decryption, malware/adware issues, calls or emails from various people and the need to run various tools...
  10. ransomeware

ransomeware: I have been attacked by a ransomware virus and at the same time my windows was crashed. When reinstalled the window i notify that i am hunted by some bad person. Know i am unable to use my files. All the files are added with file extension .tro, please help me....