Windows 10: Block my USB devices

Discus and support Block my USB devices in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I block my USB devices, but create a filter so that it only recognizes the devices that I want. Thank you ***moved on english forum***... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ANDRESLEON2, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Block my USB devices

How do I block my USB devices, but create a filter so that it only recognizes the devices that I want.

Thank you

***moved on english forum***

:)

ANDRESLEON2, Sep 17, 2019

2. USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 17, 2019
  3. USB Device - No Media

Hi Huw,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers

Uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers from device manager follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Search for USB Drivers and expand it.
    • Right click on the USB Drivers and select
      Uninstall
    • Restart the Computer.
    Also install the latest USB drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Block my USB devices

USB Device not recognized.

Hello Aeko,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Update
    the latest USB drivers and check if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the USB drivers and select
      “Update”.
    If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the latest USB drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Block my USB devices

1. Block my USB devices - Similar Threads - Block USB devices

2. Remove USB Blocking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove USB Blocking: Hi All,So we had ConnectWise Automate with ThirdWall to block USB storage access to users' PCs. We no longer have ConnectWise Automate or ThirdWall but the USB's storage is still blocked. We have worked with ThirdWall Support to try and get it removed but all Group Policies...
  3. Remove USB Blocking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove USB Blocking: Hi All,So we had ConnectWise Automate with ThirdWall to block USB storage access to users' PCs. We no longer have ConnectWise Automate or ThirdWall but the USB's storage is still blocked. We have worked with ThirdWall Support to try and get it removed but all Group Policies...
  4. Remove USB Blocking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my USB DEVICE IS NOT LISTED?

my USB DEVICE IS NOT LISTED?: THE USB device is not listed in this PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-device-is-not-listed/37aad469-e609-4d30-bf71-7ab777eae67f
  6. my USB DEVICE IS NOT LISTED?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my USB DEVICE IS NOT LISTED?: THE USB device is not listed in this PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-device-is-not-listed/37aad469-e609-4d30-bf71-7ab777eae67f
  7. My usb devices disconnect

My usb devices disconnect: I'am having a problem my pc starts randomly disconnecting my devices and never reconnects and I need to restart it is there a fix for it? Or is my pc doomed Windows 10 pro...
  8. Unknown USB Device failure blocks my internal keyboard.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown USB Device failure blocks my internal keyboard.: Hi, I have a problem. My laptop: Gigabyte Aero x15, bought in December 2018 on Amazon, Windows 10. Couple weeks ago I started having a problem, Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) pop up in Device Manager - Universal Serial Bus controllers though all the...
  9. W10 Upgrade blocking my USB ports

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Upgrade blocking my USB ports: Hi So for the third time I'm trying to upgrade my WIN 7 to 10 which works fine but 10 is disabling all of my USB ports on my Sabretooth 990 FX R2 motherboard so I then downloaded the latest drivers from Asus web site and when I try to update the drivers through device...
  10. Block USB storage?

Block USB storage?: Hi, Is there any software that can help me block USB storage on PC but not the mouse and WiFi adapter connected? Also, is there a way that I can get notified in any ways when someone connects a pen drive or phone to the PC? 28003