Windows 10: block program in firewall

Discus and support block program in firewall in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I block a program from connecting to internet in windows defender firewall?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffPowell3, Mar 30, 2019.

1. block program in firewall

How do I block a program from connecting to internet in windows defender firewall?

:)

JeffPowell3, Mar 30, 2019

2. FIREWALL IS BLOCKING CERTAIN PROGRAMS

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

One of the most common problems when using a network firewall is that it sometimes blocks network traffic that you want to allow.

Please follow the below step to troubleshoot with the issue:

• Open the “Control Panel“.
    • Select “System and Security.
    • In the Windows Firewall section, select “Allow a program through Windows Firewall“.
    • Unchecking the box to the left of the application name disallows it from accessing network resources, while checking it allows access.
    • If the program you wish to block or unblock is not listed, you can click the “Allow another program…” button to add it. Choose the application in the list and select “Add“. If the program is not in this list, use the “Browse…
      button to select the program file manually.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Mar 30, 2019
  3. TairikuOkami, Mar 30, 2019
  4. lynx29 Win User

block program in firewall

I need a firewall that allows me to easily block / unblock programs.

Yep, I don't care what program it is, but if anyone knows of a program that simply lets me right click a desktop .exe icon and from the list it will bring up, just have a direct shortcut in that list to block it in firewall with a single click... would be fantastic. If that doesn't exist its fine, an extra 2-3 clicks isnt going to kill me lol

lynx29, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

block program in firewall

1. block program in firewall - Similar Threads - block program firewall

2. " windows firewall has blocked some features of this program"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    " windows firewall has blocked some features of this program": i keep getting this message - it also says "this computer is blocked" "call 888.890.4333" critical alert.... system detected.... " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-firewall-has-blocked-some-features-of-this/e4709e01-37f9-4778-8164-29d17cbf5f1b
  3. how do I block a program in a firewall?

how do I block a program in a firewall?: how do I block a program in a firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-block-a-program-in-a-firewall/ff53f7b0-8814-435b-8677-af81cae5cc1f
  4. Can a firewall block a pre-installed simulation program?

Can a firewall block a pre-installed simulation program?: I have a pre-installed program that runs simulations for machinery. Can a firewall block certain items from being visually seen during the run function. Never had this problem before but I believe certain firewalls were added to are computer system. Thanks....
  5. Defender firewall block

Defender firewall block: This opened when I logged in: Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of SchedulerConsole on all public and private networks. Name: SchedulerConsole Publisher: Unknown Path: C:\program files...
  6. firewall is blocking internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    firewall is blocking internet: how do ifix firewall blocking internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-is-blocking-internet/b1ac89ea-96dd-4476-b7d3-292a5793a415
  7. Windows Firewall -- Blocking a program causes it to be allowed

Windows Firewall -- Blocking a program causes it to be allowed: [ATTACH] I went into my firewall settings. I set an inbound and outbound rule to block a program on all networks. It appeared to work. But when I went into the "allow applications" options, I see that my newly-created rules are there. Why is this? The only way I can remove...
  8. Firewall blocked app

Firewall blocked app: What are the risks of allowing an app through a firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-blocked-app/6d58a40d-b823-4d17-b972-67ed5d163a91"
  9. How to block a complete program folder in defender firewall ?

How to block a complete program folder in defender firewall ?: Hello In windows defender firewall can I block a complete folder named ex: (google) or ex: (nero) , instead of individual apps in sub folders in the folder, so I can block entire program instead of just one app at a time ? I don't want to turn apps on or off one at a time,...
  10. Blocking a program in firewall?

Blocking a program in firewall?: I'm trying to block a program from connecting to the internet and I followed these instructions: How to Block a Program From the Internet in Windows 10 - Simple Help for blocking a program from the windows firewall, but it doesn't seem to work. When I go into the...