Windows 10: Block Suspicious Behaviors Setting (Windows 10)

Discus and support Block Suspicious Behaviors Setting (Windows 10) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Although all my Windows 10 Updates are 'up-to-date', I'm not sure if those Updates include the Windows Redstone 5 Update which (among other... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pixelme, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Pixelme Win User

Block Suspicious Behaviors Setting (Windows 10)

Hi

Although all my Windows 10 Updates are 'up-to-date', I'm not sure if those Updates include the Windows Redstone 5 Update which (among other things) was suppose to have an 'optional' Security Setting that Users could switch on called: Block Suspicious Behaviors.

I've looked at the Security Centre in my Windows Settings (and also searched my PC using the Term 'Block Suspicious Behaviors') but can't find this Setting - so, therefore, can't switch it on.

Has Windows Redstone 5 been rolled out to Users for quite some time, or could it be that it's still in the process of being rolled out?

The other possibility, I guess, is that the 'Block Suspicious Behaviors' On/Off 'Option' has been withdrawn and is now 'Automatically' switched On.

How can I check if I've had Redstone 5?

Any Info, please, on this Check Suspicious Behavior 'Option' (as I want to switch it on)

Thanks in advance for any Comments / Thoughts / Assistance.

:)

Pixelme, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Reldel Win User

Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10

The DWORD is set to 0 and I cannot get the process you suggested in the "NOTE" portion of the tutorial to work. Two attached screen shoots will show the before and after attempts to change the Permissions necessary for access to the DWORD change.
    Block Suspicious Behaviors Setting (Windows 10) [​IMG]

Access is denied. (Note-Protected folder in Defender is turned off)

Reldel, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Plankton Win User

I don't have that toggle to turn on/off.....it's missing.

Plankton, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Reldel Win User

Build 17713, "Block Suspicious Behaviors" check to enable still not sticking when activated and the NOTE in the tutorial also no longer appears to be work with noted build to solve the check not sticking.

Reldel, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Block Suspicious Behaviors Setting (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Block Suspicious Behaviors

2. Suspicious files in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspicious files in windows 10: Hey,I just found there files recently, i did not see them before and then when i opened the file properties the file type was just file?? i dont get it and then when i opened it in vs code it showed multiple text telling that "on power start" "one power end" and free up space...
  3. windows 10 pro settings block

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 pro settings block: hie. how do i fix error on time/date settings page to enable me to change or access all the page settings. it only shows "some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization". this has barred other software to run on computer because of the wrong date on the...
  4. C\windows\explorer.exe suspicious action was blocked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C\windows\explorer.exe suspicious action was blocked: When using kaspersky safe money with edge chromium browser for my banking account online.. C:\windows\explorer.exe is constantly trying to read memory and Kaspersky keeps blocking it so my computer start to make noise and CPU is very high .. Is there any option to disable...
  5. Printer "Saved settings" behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer "Saved settings" behavior: I have just re-built a Win 10 Home 1909 machine and re-installed the xerox printer. All is working well, except... In the Printer preferences box, there is the ability to save special print job settings. This one has the "Standard", "Previous Settings", "2 pages up / 2...
  6. Microsoft Suspicious Connection Blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Suspicious Connection Blocked: Hi, My anti virus software threw up the following: Suspicious connection blocked 15 hours ago Feature: Online Threat Prevention MicrosoftEdge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to markets.books.microsoft.com. We blocked the...
  7. suspicious behavior on my very small home network using Windows 10.

suspicious behavior on my very small home network using Windows 10.: I've the same question that a user asked last year ;When I boot up Win 10, a cmd prompt window opens from sys32 I I'm almost 100% positive my small NAS using DNS for steaming etc has left my open via many security holes ( I've had the same issue using Linux as well) I...
  8. suspicious action was blocked

suspicious action was blocked: My kaspersky total security 2016 just detected these(pls see attached file). There were about 82 of these yesterday August 21 but also I had that as many on August 6 and July 31 or maybe even before that. Under 'action' there are many types (perform code injection, duplicate...
  9. Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious

in Browsers and Email
    Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious: Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious tried downloading irfanview from the irfanview website, but chrome blocks it. is there a way of getting round this, a registry hack perhaps thanks Google the ' internet Police ' LOL 28161
  10. Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10: How to: Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17704, you can enable a new protection setting, Block suspicious behaviors, which...