Windows 10: Block User on your account

Discus and support Block User on your account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; To Whom May Concern, I am having trouble with my wifi. It seems I have some one who is lagging onto my wifi connection. Could someone help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TammyK2U, Jan 5, 2019.

1. TammyK2U Win User

Block User on your account

To Whom May Concern,

I am having trouble with my wifi. It seems I have some one who is lagging onto my wifi connection.

Could someone help me understand how I can block this person from getting onto my router?

I have gone into windows defender and put a stop to all public internet by blocking neighborhood proximity sharing and still they seem to still get in. I have their Router name and ip address as well as the DNS server information. They use 2 DNS serviers.

If ther is anyway you can help me with this, I would truly appreciate it. I have windows 10 on my computer. I also keep up with all updates as well as automatic updates on windows 10.

Please contact me at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Thank you

Tammy Korshak

:)

TammyK2U, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 5, 2019
  3. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to Microsoft account | Your family using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Block User on your account - Similar Threads - Block User account

2. This app has been blocked for your protection User Account Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app has been blocked for your protection User Account Control: Hello to everybody,Every time I insert a disc on DVD/WR driver E I cannot run an app because is blocked by an administrator. Can you help me unlock that app ?Thank you,Morgan...
  3. This app has been blocked for your protection User Account Control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app has been blocked for your protection User Account Control: Hello to everybody,Every time I insert a disc on DVD/WR driver E I cannot run an app because is blocked by an administrator. Can you help me unlock that app ?Thank you,Morgan...
  4. This app has been blocked for your protection User Account Control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. User account control app blocked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User account control app blocked: Windows 10 update would not download on laptop. Troubleshooting through Settings failed. Tried Windows+R>netplwiz>Properties>Group Membership>Administration>Apply>OK>Accept changes>restart. Now, I cannot access Device Manager. Popup reads User Account Control app blocked for...
  6. Windows user account access blocked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows user account access blocked: We changed the PIN for our user account as we do regularly. On this occasion however, when we tried to log on there is a message saying our password was changed on another PC and we need to log in to that PC to get access to our usual computer. Attempts to reset the password...
  7. Windows user account access blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows user account access blocked: We changed the PIN for our user account as we do regularly. On this occasion however, when we tried to log on there is a message saying our password was changed on another PC and we need to log in to that PC to get access to our usual computer. Attempts to reset the password...
  8. App blocked by user account control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    App blocked by user account control: Hi, I have been using the MYOB app for several years and the last time I used it was in March 2020. However, two weeks ago, i was unable to access it with a message that says "This app has been blocked for your protection. An Administrator has blocked you from running...
  9. User Account Control "This app has been blocked for your protection"

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Control "This app has been blocked for your protection": This is the message I am getting when I try to open an old Calendar Creator program I've been using for years. I still need to use it, but now I am unable to access it. I tried changing the User Control settings, applied the new settings which were to allow everything,...
  10. Verify Your User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify Your User Account: This Notification popped up a week ago and I followed the instructions. Logged in and discovered that the Microsoft records still had a listing for a server that was changed 1.5 yrs. ago. At that time I did not have a second email address but I do now. I could log in with...