Windows 10: Block Users from changing passwords etc

Discus and support Block Users from changing passwords etc in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We are setting up PC's for students We do not want them to be able to change anything in settings such as their passwords We are using Windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Merewai63, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Merewai63 Win User

Block Users from changing passwords etc

We are setting up PC's for students

We do not want them to be able to change anything in settings such as their passwords

We are using Windows 10 Home version and we have an admin account

Would this work better in the education version

:)

Merewai63, Apr 7, 2019

2. Changing User Accounts Password

Hi Eddy,

If you are an Admin user for your Windows 10 device, it’s still possible to change another user’s password. To perform the said task, follow these steps:

• Simultaneously press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Once accessed, type netplwiz and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the user and choose Reset password.
    • Change it to your preferred password.

Once done, you may close the window and try to use the new password for the account.

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

Arthur Rui, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Unable to change user password in Windows 10.

Thank you for updating us, Steve.

We would suggest you to follow the steps below to change the password for your local account:

• Press Windows key + X and then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts.

Block Users from changing passwords etc cf168ad1-6de9-4429-9866-0646e84c0d5d.jpg

• Select Manage another account and then click your user name or the local account that you wanted to set for a new password.
    • Click Change the password.
    • Provide the correct details to change your local account password and then click
      Change password.

Block Users from changing passwords etc 88ea9ca3-74d1-48d6-9fea-338a4b07f075.jpg
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Block Users from changing passwords etc

Change the password for a user account in Windows 10

Hello,

I request you to try the below steps:

• Press "Windows logo" + "R" in the keyboard.
    • Type "netplwiz" and press Enter key.
    • Select the user and click on Reset password.
    • Now you will be able to change the password.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Block Users from changing passwords etc

1. Block Users from changing passwords etc - Similar Threads - Block Users changing

2. Microsoft account hacked, email changed, password changed, etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account hacked, email changed, password changed, etc.: My friend hacked my microsoft account by getting the code to a email somehow. I need help retrieving the email because I had spent lots of money on games such as minecraft. my email got changed from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** -> *** Email address is removed...
  3. Cant change user password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant change user password: I have a Asus Gaming laptop.I remember changing the password when i went to visit family so no one could use it. When i came back i had forgotten the password. I attempted and entered the wrong password many times it started to lock itself.I read online and managed to log...
  4. Cant change user password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change user password: I have a Asus Gaming laptop.I remember changing the password when i went to visit family so no one could use it. When i came back i had forgotten the password. I attempted and entered the wrong password many times it started to lock itself.I read online and managed to log...
  5. Cant change user password

6. user admin. password change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    user admin. password change: Im trying to download apps and cant and keep getting kicked off internet. I bought this from some guy at the store and am being told I cant do anything like make any changes in settings unless I know the admin. user password. I need to learn how to bypass that or just reset...
  7. Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations

Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations: Is there a way to block standard users from changing file type associations when asked? in GPO or what ever way 149207
  8. Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations

in Windows 10 Support
    Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations: Is there a way to block standard users from changing file type associations when asked? in GPO or what ever way 149207
  9. Requesting user password change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Requesting user password change: Turned on my computer today and on the first screen it says that the user's password must be changed before signing in. It has never happened before. What password? I've even tried system restore but getting nowhere! Help, I need my computer for the weekend! Rob...
  10. User accounts are blocked within an AD RODCs, this occurs when the user changes the password.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User accounts are blocked within an AD RODCs, this occurs when the user changes the password.: Hello, I comment. I have an AD server is in 2012 R2, this is read only, since a while it is happening that users are blocked after changing the password for expiration time. The users change their credentials, they use the computer and when they log in to the computer for...