Windows 10: Block Web Browsers Executing downloaded files

Discus and support Block Web Browsers Executing downloaded files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi guys, im looking for a way to stop a user downloading a exe and Opening it from the web browser. We are already using software security policies... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TParky, Jul 1, 2019.

1. TParky Win User

Block Web Browsers Executing downloaded files

hi guys,

im looking for a way to stop a user downloading a exe and Opening it from the web browser.

We are already using software security policies to stop execution from the temp folders etc but is there any other steps we could put in place?

:)

TParky, Jul 1, 2019

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jul 1, 2019
  3. BF4 Browser Utility

Block Web Browsers Executing downloaded files LogoBrowser.png

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.2

This Browser will reduce the amount of memory a regular browser uses to View the Battlelog. This browser works for BF3 and BF4. Enjoy! *Toast :toast:

Change Log v1.2
    • New Features
      • New Icon.
      • New Type "about:config" in the address bar and click "Go" or press Enter on your keyboard to display the list of preferences for the GeckoFX browser.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - On the update window when you click "Yes" to get the update would take you to the old "BF3 Browser Utility" page. Now it takes you to the correct page.
    Spoiler: Screen Shots
    Block Web Browsers Executing downloaded files Main.jpg

Block Web Browsers Executing downloaded files Refresh.jpg

Block Web Browsers Executing downloaded files about.jpg

Spoiler: Previous Change Logs Change Log v1.1
    • New Features
      • New Switch to BF3/BF4 button.
      • New hyper-link to the Home thread in the About window.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - If Bf4 was open before the browser and the "Auto Refresh" was enabled the Battlelog page would not load properly.
    Spoiler: Bug alert No bugs in this release yet!
    Spoiler: BF4 Browser Utility Disclaimer Disclaimer
    • The "BF4 Browser Utility" is provided as is without any guarantees or warranty.
    • The author is under no obligation to provide support, service, corrections, or upgrades to the "BF4 Browser Utility".
    • The posted file is in no way associated with "techpowerup!". Please direct any issues or questions in this thread.
    • By executing or Downloading the "BF4 Browser Utility" you agree to these terms.
    Spoiler: Requirements Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 - Download
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Block Web Browsers Executing downloaded files

HxTsr.exe blocked attempting to target file settings.dat

Hello,

We would like to know more information about your concern so we can better assist you.

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What specific error message are you getting?

HxTsr.exe is a type of EXE file associated with Windows 10 Operating System developed by Microsoft for Windows Operating System. The latest known version of HxTsr.exe is 16.0.6002.4225, which was produced for Windows.

EXE ("executable") files, such as HxTsr.exe, are files that contain step-by-step instructions that a computer follows to carry out a function. When you "double-click" an EXE file, your computer automatically executes these instructions designed by a software
    developer (Microsoft Corporation) to run a program (eg. Windows 10 Operating System) on your PC.

Every software application on your PC uses an executable file like word processor, web browser, spreadsheet program, etc. making it one of the most useful kinds of files in the Windows operating system. Without executable files like HxTsr.exe, you would
    not be able to use any programs on your PC.

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Block Web Browsers Executing downloaded files

1. Block Web Browsers Executing downloaded files - Similar Threads - Block Web Browsers

2. Block all web browsers solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block all web browsers solution: Hello,Sharing a good with you ;A question, if the organization uses the MS 365 E3 license, where MDM is used via Azure AD + Intune + Defender Plan 1,Can we block all browsers except maybe Chrome and MS Edge?Is there data in the Windows Settings/Security, that is "filtering"...
  3. Block all web browsers solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block all web browsers solution: Hello,Sharing a good with you ;A question, if the organization uses the MS 365 E3 license, where MDM is used via Azure AD + Intune + Defender Plan 1,Can we block all browsers except maybe Chrome and MS Edge?Is there data in the Windows Settings/Security, that is "filtering"...
  4. executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet: Hello Team, We have an installer which includes .exe, few .MSI files and few .ps1 files. we zip the whole contents and upload it in our company portal. customers download from there and install. we are facing the issue of .exe, .MSI and .ps1 files getting blocked when...
  5. executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet: Hello Team, We have an installer which includes .exe, few .MSI files and few .ps1 files. we zip the whole contents and upload it in our company portal. customers download from there and install. we are facing the issue of .exe, .MSI and .ps1 files getting blocked when...
  6. executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet

7. Unable to download an executable file.

Unable to download an executable file.: I am trying to download Turbotax2021. This a executable file which needs SetUp.exe access. However Windows 10 that I presently have does not allow downloading an Executable file. WHAT SHOULD I DO.?...
  8. New Edge web browser, locations are blocked now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Edge web browser, locations are blocked now: Bing COVID-19 tracker doesn’t have permissions to use your location. Please enable permissions in browser settings to get local updates. Where in the setting can I enable this? submitted by /u/Ditchbanger480 [link] [comments]...
  9. Execution file Blocked stating "Unauthorized changes are blocked"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Execution file Blocked stating "Unauthorized changes are blocked": Hello, I am operating on Microsoft office 2010 but would like to upgrade to Microsoft professional plus office 2013. Unfortunately whenever I try to install I get a message by Windows defender "Unauthorized changes are blocked". What can I do in order to be authorized?...
  10. Video stuttering on web browser and downloads

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video stuttering on web browser and downloads: Yo ! I'm gonna do that fast, basically whenever I download or stream content off of the internet I start having lots of stutter. For instance, I'd be watching a youtube video, and the video would start buffering and or just freez all the time to the point where it's...