Windows 10: Block Windows 11 Update

Discus and support Block Windows 11 Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My mother in law's laptop asked her to install Windows 11 but she does not have disk space to do so. It repeatedly tries to download and install and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by d_g_schaefer, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Block Windows 11 Update

My mother in law's laptop asked her to install Windows 11 but she does not have disk space to do so. It repeatedly tries to download and install and once it fails, there is no way to stop the install. It also seems to be preventing other Windows updates from installing as Windows update wants to do windows 11 first.I've found registry entries to prevent it, but those also prevent Windows 10 feature updates which I don't want to do. Windows 10 works just fine for her, how can I prevent Windows 11 from installing without blocking Windows 10 updates?

:)

d_g_schaefer, Jan 29, 2022
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Adobe Flash message in IE 11

Hi Sandra,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you disable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11. For step by step instructions, go to this

link
    , then look for the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

We also suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 through these steps:

• Go to Internet Explorer then click the Gear icon.
    • Choose Internet options > Advanced.
    • Click Reset.

(Note: If you have added Favorites, back up them first before resetting the browser. )

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards.

Karla Alm, Jan 29, 2022
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Block Windows 11 Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 29, 2022
  4. Block Windows 11 Update

Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jan 29, 2022
Thema:

Block Windows 11 Update

1. Block Windows 11 Update - Similar Threads - Block Update

2. Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.: Using TurboTax 2023, update from 2/15/24 keeps failing with a 1603 warning-loosely translated "not our software, its your computer". Computer is Win OS 10, 8yrs old not compatible with OS 11, not an option. Went to TT help site, which offered a manual patch. Downloaded the...
  3. Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.: Using TurboTax 2023, update from 2/15/24 keeps failing with a 1603 warning-loosely translated "not our software, its your computer". Computer is Win OS 10, 8yrs old not compatible with OS 11, not an option. Went to TT help site, which offered a manual patch. Downloaded the...
  4. Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why Does Microsoft Delete All Blocked Cookie Settings With Every O/S Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does Microsoft Delete All Blocked Cookie Settings With Every O/S Update: In Edge Settings - Cookies & Site Permissions - Cookies & Data Stored - Cookies & Site Data, there's an option to "block Saving & Reading cookies on your device".After using SuperAntiSpyware weekly, a list of about 12 tracking cookies are typically displayed. Using the...
  6. Why Does Microsoft Delete All Blocked Cookie Settings With Every O/S Update

Why Does Microsoft Delete All Blocked Cookie Settings With Every O/S Update: In Edge Settings - Cookies & Site Permissions - Cookies & Data Stored - Cookies & Site Data, there's an option to "block Saving & Reading cookies on your device".After using SuperAntiSpyware weekly, a list of about 12 tracking cookies are typically displayed. Using the...
  7. windows 11 and HR Block updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 and HR Block updated: I have the HR block tax software for 2023 and it will not update. I keep getting the error message that says HR Block Software Manager not responding. Therefore I am not able to update or file. How do I circumvent this?...
  8. windows 11 and HR Block updated

windows 11 and HR Block updated: I have the HR block tax software for 2023 and it will not update. I keep getting the error message that says HR Block Software Manager not responding. Therefore I am not able to update or file. How do I circumvent this?...
  9. can't open settings, can't reset, pending updates blocking ability to uninstall. can 't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open settings, can't reset, pending updates blocking ability to uninstall. can 't...: Ever since I got my laptop back from getting screen repaired, Windows has been acting up. it gets hung up trying to update then spends 2 hours uninstalling them because there was a problem. startup repair, or selecting uninstall feature/quality updates wont work because of...
  10. can't open settings, can't reset, pending updates blocking ability to uninstall. can 't...

can't open settings, can't reset, pending updates blocking ability to uninstall. can 't...: Ever since I got my laptop back from getting screen repaired, Windows has been acting up. it gets hung up trying to update then spends 2 hours uninstalling them because there was a problem. startup repair, or selecting uninstall feature/quality updates wont work because of...