Windows 10: Blocked Access to System Settings - but it locked me out not just User

Discus and support Blocked Access to System Settings - but it locked me out not just User in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows is in a remote location: No current access to Version Hello, In order to keep my elderly mother from changing (and always then forgetting) her... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DrivingMiss7of9, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Blocked Access to System Settings - but it locked me out not just User

Windows is in a remote location: No current access to Version

Hello,
    In order to keep my elderly mother from changing (and always then forgetting) her password I blocked the system Settings from her account.

For unknown reasons, it blocked my account as well (Adminstrator Account)

How do I get that back for my account.

:)

DrivingMiss7of9, Dec 6, 2020

2. Blocking and Allowing a Certain Program to a User in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Which option of the operating system are you exactly talking about (it will be easy for us to help you in resolving the issue quickly)?
    • Do you want to block the access of files & folders for the other user profile?

You can give permission for accessing/denying the files/folders on a drive to a user profile by setting appropriate permissions on the operating system.

To block the permission of the other user profile to access the files & folders, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Window logo + E keys on the keyboard and click on
      This PC located on the right hand panel of the screen.

• Open the drive where the application files are located.

• Right click on the application file and select Properties.

• Click on the Security tab of the window and click on the user profile name to deny access to under
      Group or user names.

• Click on Edit button and give permissions accordingly to the user profile.

• Click on Apply and OK.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 6, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Blocked Access to System Settings - but it locked me out not just User

windows 10- block user from internet

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the Windows 8.1 steps in the following Microsoft Help article to block child user from accessing internet and check if it helps. The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

Filter inappropriate apps and games on Windows 10

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Blocked Access to System Settings - but it locked me out not just User

1. Blocked Access to System Settings - but it locked me out not just User - Similar Threads - Blocked Access System

2. windows locks me out of settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows locks me out of settings.: i am already signed into microsoft. i go to change my security settings and it wants me to confirm it is me. i enter the 4 digit for my phone . they send me a code. i put it in to comfim and press send. then they tell me it is the wrong code. I did this about 6 times with the...
  3. windows locks me out of settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows locks me out of settings.: i am already signed into microsoft. i go to change my security settings and it wants me to confirm it is me. i enter the 4 digit for my phone . they send me a code. i put it in to comfim and press send. then they tell me it is the wrong code. I did this about 6 times with the...
  4. Why Block external usb access in system but usb access allowed in user and system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Block external usb access in system but usb access allowed in user and system: Hi i am trying to solve 2 more month usb access problem solve permission allowed in device and user kindly help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-block-external-usb-access-in-system-but-usb/5ac4d84d-45dc-4632-8506-f1cf9ca4732f
  5. User Locked Out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Locked Out: Hello, I am trying to assist my grandmother with a problem she is having on her computer. He has a lenovo G770 from 2005 and I believe is running windows 10. She has not been able to remember her password or something has changed and we cannot log in to her computer. I...
  6. Lock box at System Settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock box at System Settings is greyed out: Hi, I'm struggling to unlock the Lock option on my Windows 10 Home edition. An objective - to be able to lock my PC. A problem - at the Ctrl + Alt + Del screen, there is no Lock option. I went to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings. The Lock...
  7. SYSTEM user keeps locking me out from server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SYSTEM user keeps locking me out from server: Hi all! I keep having problems with my Windows 10 x64 pro account and my external NAS server. Every time I perform a boot of the PC, some kind of app is trying to access the server with the wrong credentials. The server log shows the following: <28>1...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Block user access to settings

Windows 10 Pro Block user access to settings: We are a small school with a number of laptops running Windows 10 Professional for Student use. Each of these Student Computers has an Admin User login and a Student User login. The Student User on each is a local account (i.e. not Administrator). Students borrow laptops...
  9. lock out users

lock out users: how do i lock out other users from my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/lock-out-users/8e2555e7-a891-4da4-9c5a-9e64aaaac8b9"
  10. Windows changed my user account and locked me out system files?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows changed my user account and locked me out system files?: What the... Long story short; I install Windows clean, put my own name as admin; the only user. I use, let's call it 'password_one' for clarity. Fine. Then once I'm in Windows I login with my MS account (which is also my Gmail address) and give it 'password_two' as it...