Windows 10: Blocked access websites

Discus and support Blocked access websites in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Getting message that cannot access some retail websites through internet explorer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by car_mine, Jul 6, 2019.

1. car_mine Win User

Blocked access websites

Getting message that cannot access some retail websites through internet explorer

:)

car_mine, Jul 6, 2019

2. My son can access blocked websites via https

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you facing this issue with a specific website?

2. Which websites are you trying to block?

I understand that your child is able to access blocked websites from the child account. I suggest you to just type the domain name proceeding with the .com without HTTPS (Example: Youtube.com) and check if that helps. Refer the following article for
    steps to
    block inappropriate website

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child to the family account. Refer the following article for steps to

remove members from your family group
    . The following link will provide steps to

add members to your family group

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 6, 2019
  3. copiman Win User
    How to Block Websites

I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps.
    How to block websites | PCWorld

Here is what happens when I perform step 6. I am the administrator by the way.

Blocked access websites [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to make this work?

copiman, Jul 6, 2019
  4. copiman Win User

Blocked access websites

How to Block Websites

Sorry everyone but I have done everything suggested and it still does not block the website.

copiman, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Blocked access websites

1. Blocked access websites - Similar Threads - Blocked access websites

2. Windows 11 blocks full access to a website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 blocks full access to a website: HelloI've got a Surface Pro, since migrated from win10 to 11, I cannot use fully some website the website considers that I'm on mobile device, because I get error that this site isn't designed for mobile. I checked with several up to dated browser Brave, Edge, Chrome,...
  3. Windows 11 blocks full access to a website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 blocks full access to a website: HelloI've got a Surface Pro, since migrated from win10 to 11, I cannot use fully some website the website considers that I'm on mobile device, because I get error that this site isn't designed for mobile. I checked with several up to dated browser Brave, Edge, Chrome,...
  4. Windows 11 blocking access to .edu websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 blocking access to .edu websites.: I updated my laptop yesterday with Windows 11 and now whenever using Chrome or Edge, my institution's websites are blocked. I am an employee at a university and need access to these. I get the same message everytime for both Chrome and Edge see below. I've tried to...
  5. Windows 11 blocking access to .edu websites.

Windows 11 blocking access to .edu websites.: I updated my laptop yesterday with Windows 11 and now whenever using Chrome or Edge, my institution's websites are blocked. I am an employee at a university and need access to these. I get the same message everytime for both Chrome and Edge see below. I've tried to...
  6. Sharing hotspot, block all website access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing hotspot, block all website access: I've just updated windows, after restarting and sharing hotspot to my devices, I notice that firefox browser start not to respond and all browsers can not access to websites, except youtube. I don't know why but when I turn off hotspot, it seems to work normally....
  7. Sharing hotspot, block all website access

Sharing hotspot, block all website access: I've just updated windows, after restarting and sharing hotspot to my devices, I notice that firefox browser start not to respond and all browsers can not access to websites, except youtube. I don't know why but when I turn off hotspot, it seems to work normally....
  8. Sharing hotspot, block all website access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Windows 10 'Randomly Blocking Website Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 'Randomly Blocking Website Access: Hi, Recently switched to Dell XPS 15 7590 with Windows 10 on it and overtime it started blocking me from accessing websites like Soundcloud, Amazon, then Imgur (can't see pics anymore) and now local e-commerce websites and images. I have tried disabling everything including...
  10. A new website blocking access to my personal banking website

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A new website blocking access to my personal banking website: Suddenly I am no longer able to access my banking info at their approved website. It was saying something about the security certificate not matching? Now I am getting a blocked message from Neustar, eps-ncr-90.com. Don't know where that is coming from or how it started....