Windows 10: blocked app still being allowed

Discus and support blocked app still being allowed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i searched but im tired of looking i blocked an app with the windows firewall, blocking all inbound and outbound connections to the internet yet the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Oniox Rurrow, Dec 15, 2020.

1. blocked app still being allowed

i searched but im tired of looking

i blocked an app with the windows firewall, blocking all inbound and outbound connections to the internet yet the app is still connecting as normal. i want to completely block this app from the internet to prevent updates or transfer of any data.

:)

Oniox Rurrow, Dec 15, 2020

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 15, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Dec 15, 2020
  4. blocked app still being allowed

Blocked app is still playable, and doesn't look like it's staying blocked on the list

Hi Courtney,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

• Is the child account signed in as a local or a Microsoft user account?

I suggest you to check the Firewall settings on the system.

Steps:-

• Block the app from Recent Activity.
    • Press “Windows Key + X” and select Control Panel.
    • Go to System and Security and select Windows Firewall.
    • Click on “Allow an app through Windows Firewall”.
    • Select Firewall Settings and check the status of the app there.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

blocked app still being allowed

1. blocked app still being allowed - Similar Threads - blocked app still

2. Allowing a blocked app from Intune policy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Allowing a blocked app from Intune policy: Hi Everyone,Looking for some help. We are working with a company to help roll our Autopilot. There was some disagreement on what should be blocked. At one point Chrome was blocked. Unfortunately, this block was put in before I could remove some machines from the testing group...
  3. Windows.old apps still being used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows.old apps still being used: I was looking through my file system and saw that my previous installation of Windows was still being used on a daily basis by several apps in a hidden "Local Settings" folder which didn't show up even after showing hidden files I had to type in the directory directly. These...
  4. Windows.old apps still being used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows.old apps still being used: I was looking through my file system and saw that my previous installation of Windows was still being used on a daily basis by several apps in a hidden "Local Settings" folder which didn't show up even after showing hidden files I had to type in the directory directly. These...
  5. Windows.old apps still being used

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. App being Blocked by System Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App being Blocked by System Admin: Morning Crew! Ive been using Microsofts' "Your Phone" app for quite some time. For some reason recently it's been blocked by system admin ...which is the message I'm being given. I am the system admin, so I'm unsure what got changed. I've tried changing the policies through...
  7. Allow a Website to run that is being currently blocked by a Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow a Website to run that is being currently blocked by a Firewall: Hi, I was using facebook and I play a lot of games on the website. All of a sudden it decided it was not allowed and may be blocked by a firewall although nothing was changed on my firewall settings. I tried to run a diagnostic's and it said it 'apps.facebook.com' is...
  8. DNS Client allowed by firewall rule, but still get blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DNS Client allowed by firewall rule, but still get blocked: Hi, First; I am using Binisoft/Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control as frontend for Windows Firewall. My problem is that I allowed DNS Client to local gateway with UDP on port 53, but still for some reason it is being blocked. When opening the log window in Windows...
  9. Screen time restrictions off, but apps are still being blocked.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen time restrictions off, but apps are still being blocked.: Firefox and Chrome are still being blocked, even though all screen time restrictions are off. No other apps that I've seen are doing this, and it's been happening since yesterday. I've restarted the computer several times since then, but still no luck. If it helps, the Xbox...
  10. Blocked app still works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked app still works: I have Minecraft banned in the Microsoft Family Settings. However, my son can still access the app on his PC. The family setting has both the PC and the Xbox listed as "Limits will apply to". He is not using a separate account to bypass these controls. He IS blocked on the...