Windows 10: Blocked app still works

Discus and support Blocked app still works in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have Minecraft banned in the Microsoft Family Settings. However, my son can still access the app on his PC. The family setting has both the PC and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by aujy, Apr 22, 2020.

1. aujy Win User

Blocked app still works

I have Minecraft banned in the Microsoft Family Settings. However, my son can still access the app on his PC. The family setting has both the PC and the Xbox listed as "Limits will apply to". He is not using a separate account to bypass these controls. He IS blocked on the Xbox. What have I missed?

Blocked app still works fbbf22ef-f5e5-43b2-92f5-ae14afb11389?upload=true.png

:)

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Family Safety App Blocking Not Working

Hi Mike,

Let's make sure that the apps you mentioned are properly blocked to ensure that your kids will not be able to access it. To do that , follow the steps below:

• Click App, games & media.
    • Toggle on the Block inappropriate apps and games option.
    • Under Limit apps, games, and media from Store, click the drop-down list to adjust the restriction.
    • In the Blocked apps & games list, check if Google Chrome is included.

Let us know if your child is still able to do some search even though it's already blocked so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 22, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Blocked app still works

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Blocked app still works

1. Blocked app still works - Similar Threads - Blocked app still

2. Potentially unwanted app blocking turned off but publishers of downloaded apps still...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially unwanted app blocking turned off but publishers of downloaded apps still...: I'm running Windows 11 22H2 and this issue just started to occur over the last two weeks... when downloading apps using Edge browser, I noticed the Unblock checkbox started appearing in the properties of said files, and for the first time, today I received a pop-up stating...
  3. Potentially unwanted app blocking turned off but publishers of downloaded apps still...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potentially unwanted app blocking turned off but publishers of downloaded apps still...: I'm running Windows 11 22H2 and this issue just started to occur over the last two weeks... when downloading apps using Edge browser, I noticed the Unblock checkbox started appearing in the properties of said files, and for the first time, today I received a pop-up stating...
  4. Xbox App still not work at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App still not work at all: Hello, it does long time that the new xbox app still dont work i cant connect cant install games i have try everything for fix it powershell , clean cache , regedit , update windows to 11 , repair / reset ... nothing work and its really anoying , all others xbox applications...
  5. Microsoft Family App Blocking is On but App Still Launches and is Usable

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family App Blocking is On but App Still Launches and is Usable: Hi, We are using Microsoft Family on our son's computer running Windows 10 to block access to the Chrome browser. In the "App and game limits" section, we blocked Google Chrome app: [ATTACH] On my son's computer, when he launches Chrome, a dialog box pops up indicating...
  6. Blocked sites are still accessible

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blocked sites are still accessible: I am trying to block my kid from being able to search incognito and I have added sites to the blocked list and they are still accessible. Please advise. I would take the computer away from him totally, but he needs it for school in this covid environment....
  7. blocked app still being allowed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    blocked app still being allowed: i searched but im tired of looking i blocked an app with the windows firewall, blocking all inbound and outbound connections to the internet yet the app is still connecting as normal. i want to completely block this app from the internet to prevent updates or transfer of...
  8. If I block an app from accessing the Internet, could the app still circumvent the block?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I block an app from accessing the Internet, could the app still circumvent the block?: https://i.imgur.com/tflADmk.png I use the Windows Defender Firewall (shown above) to block a password manager from accessing the Internet via Inbound/Outbound Rules. Not because it's some shady manager, but because of extra security precaution. If I block an app's...
  9. Screen time restrictions off, but apps are still being blocked.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen time restrictions off, but apps are still being blocked.: Firefox and Chrome are still being blocked, even though all screen time restrictions are off. No other apps that I've seen are doing this, and it's been happening since yesterday. I've restarted the computer several times since then, but still no luck. If it helps, the Xbox...
  10. Comodo show contained / blocked files that are still there and working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Comodo show contained / blocked files that are still there and working: I noticed Comodo to be acting a little vanilla for me , so after a full scan it managed to remove few viruses without a trace in quarantine , containment , blocked apps or anywhere , that and few more it have shown as blocked in blocked apps , the ones that blocked however...