Windows 10: blocked download app.

Discus and support blocked download app. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm trying to update my Cyberlink power director 10 for windows 10, when I try to run it screen says in RED this app has been blocked 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DebFischbach, Oct 1, 2019.

1. blocked download app.

Hello all, I'm trying to update my Cyberlink power director 10 for windows 10, when I try to run it screen says in RED this app has been blocked 4 u're protection. under that it says "an administrator ( me?) has blocked U from running this app 4 more information contact administrator. I am the administrator and only user on this computer. Any advise would be helpful.

:)

DebFischbach, Oct 1, 2019

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 1, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Oct 1, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

blocked download app.

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Hi Craig,

There's a possibility that the SmartScreen option is on that's why you're unable to install downloaded apps. Let's try to turn it off and see if it helps. See the steps below:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
    • Click on the App and browser control button on the left side of the window.
    • Click on Off in the Check apps and files section.

Let us know if the suggestion helps you out.

John Sarc, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

blocked download app.

1. blocked download app. - Similar Threads - blocked download app

2. How to Download Mail App if Microsoft Store is Blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Download Mail App if Microsoft Store is Blocked: Hello! Our campus recently did a Windows update that uninstalled the Windows Mail and Calendar App. I greatly prefer that interface over Outlook, so I want to redownload it. However, the Microsoft Store is blocked on campus. Is there somewhere else I can download it from?...
  3. Download Blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download Blocked: Trying to download and do some updates, but for some reason every single download says "failed-blocked". I never had any problem before. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-blocked/5c697e75-8094-447a-8268-27989f02b8df
  4. Blocking Apps from downloading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blocking Apps from downloading: Hello, I am a manager at a hotel. And one of my employees keeps downloading apps onto the computer, and playing them instead of doing her job! How do i block said application, so she can no longer download it?...
  5. App Blocked by administrator from downloading

App Blocked by administrator from downloading: When i want to install WinRar on my PC it says: This app has been blocked for your protection. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator. winrar-x64-591.exe Publisher: Unknown File Origin: Hard drive on...
  6. downloads blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    downloads blocked: Trying to download... Want to put open office on but everything just "disappears" or is blocked Any ideas on how to allow non Microsoft apps to be added...Going crazy, new laptop...
  7. Microsoft 10 Pro is blocking app downloads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft 10 Pro is blocking app downloads: I am prevented from downloading apps which are not Microsoft verified. There are apps I must download. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-10-pro-is-blocking-app-downloads/dc779ae2-fc68-4223-accd-8c39d5dbcd29"
  8. Can I block all game and app downloads

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I block all game and app downloads: I use Microsoft Family and have applied settings for Content Restrictions and Ask A Parent for Purchases. However, my child can still download free apps and games without requiring permission. How can i block downloading of all games and apps, including the free ones....
  9. blocked apps

blocked apps: I have downloaded the Kodi Open Source Entertainment App, then I see a pop up saying Microsoft has blocked some content. I have taken the necessary steps to protect my computer from threats. My question is: When did Microsoft begin to tell consumers what apps they are...
  10. AppLocker Blocks Windows Store Apps Downloads

AppLocker Blocks Windows Store Apps Downloads: Hello -- I've Windows 10 Pro x64, and I did a clean install a few days ago because of a similar issue. Now, Windows Store does open up and installed apps run just fine; however, I'm not able to download new apps or update existing ones. Downloads get aborted with error...