Windows 10: Blocked exe file

Discus and support Blocked exe file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am sure someone somewhere has a virtual voodoo doll of me. This is the exe file for a game I have had since 2007. It has never happened before. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elbmek, Jun 25, 2021.

1. elbmek Win User

Blocked exe file

I am sure someone somewhere has a virtual voodoo doll of me. This is the exe file for a game I have had since 2007. It has never happened before. I have scanned the folder with Kaspersky. It says its clean. I have switched off UAC, then switched off the pc, and restarted it, same problem. It says an admin blocked me, no I didn't. I even removed a couple of ad blockers in case, no difference. Using geek I even uninstalled the left over files. This time I get a message that tells me the following:

:)

elbmek, Jun 25, 2021

2. Blocking of EXE file by network security programmes

The file is block by something called smoothwall. It appears to block most, if not all, .exe files from downloading. The file GPU-Z has been identified as a system tool.

I've notice that if these file are .7z or even .zip they most often get thru.

I've no control of this blocking process.

ABBrittain, Jun 25, 2021
  3. Blocking of EXE file by network security programmes

Is it possible to produce a link in 7z format or zip as all exe files are now blocked by network security in the LIBRARIES

ABBrittain, Jun 25, 2021
  4. Blocked exe file

Blocking of EXE file by network security programmes

I have setup smoothwall in many lab and production instances and I have never seen what you are explaining. Whoever set it up must have changed some settings that is blocking this.

brandonwh64, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

Blocked exe file

1. Blocked exe file - Similar Threads - Blocked exe file

2. Default blocking of .exe files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default blocking of .exe files?: Hi all, Today I downloaded a program and noticed that when I tried to open/run the .exe file, nothing would happen. After some digging, I found that when I opened the file's properties, in the "Attributes" it was set to blocked. I checked the "Unblock" box and when I opened...
  3. Default blocking of .exe files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default blocking of .exe files?: Hi all, Today I downloaded a program and noticed that when I tried to open/run the .exe file, nothing would happen. After some digging, I found that when I opened the file's properties, in the "Attributes" it was set to blocked. I checked the "Unblock" box and when I opened...
  4. Files and EXE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files and EXE: There is a software on my computer called ErrorHandler.exe and Kernel Broker.exe, my antivirus says that they are malware so I deleted them, however, they keep coming back, sometimes all at once, sometimes only one of them or 2. I emptied my recycle bin to get rid of them but...
  5. UAC Blocking WINRAR exe.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC Blocking WINRAR exe.: If I have a RAR file in a Program Files folder and try to unRAR it I get this... [img] The same file in the Downloads folder can be unRAR'd no problem. This started happening around 1 month ago, so something has changed in UAC. I am the only admin on this PC. How do I...
  6. .EXE files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .EXE files: I was just wondering if anyone could help or explain to me what exactly this is and what it's used for BridgeCummunication.exe. I noticed it running in my task manager under services and was running as a application. Thankful for any help provided....
  7. Exe blocked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exe blocked.: Hello, I am operating on Microsoft office 2010 but would like to upgrade to Microsoft professional plus office 2013. Unfortunately whenever I try to install I get a message by Windows defender "Unauthorized changes are blocked". What can I do in order to be authorized?...
  8. .exe Files

.exe Files: I can't seem to find where my .exe files are and when i went online to find them they were listed in tools but i don't have a tools access seemingly trying to figure it out for a game i play...
  9. exe file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    exe file: exe file is not working on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-file/7e708774-b56c-4846-8036-2e683879ecd7
  10. How to block multiple EXE files Windows Firewall

How to block multiple EXE files Windows Firewall: Hello! I want to block a certain application from any access to the internet, either inbound or outbound, so it will never attempt to upgrade. I went in the Advanced Settings in Windows Firewall but I can only block one-by-one the executable files (EXE) and this...